Speculation: Who are our rivals now?

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
The Wild or Coyotes will probably become our biggest rivals, when we're fighting for the 8th playoff spot.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Our biggest rivals will always be Calgary and Edmonton. There will always be other transitory rivalries coming out of a specific playoff series or whatever, but those are the only two teams that will be hated and mocked here no matter what.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Dallas, SJS and Minny are much better than the Canucks, I don't see how this team is in talk for the playoffs, sounds like Oiler fans of the past talking about how this will be the year they make the playoffs. Sedins game has been sliding for a few seasons now, I don't think they bounce back at this stage in their careers, reminds me a lot of Naslund and I've said this since we signed them to those gross contracts.

I think Oilers forward group is better than ours but our d better than theirs, Calgary plays a hard game, the type of game that will push this team back, we lost our only grit in the top 6 with Kesler and never replaced it. This team is soft again, will have scoring issues as I don't see who will put the pucks in the net and our center and defensive play with the forward group is a bit concerning... Sedins, Vey, Bonino, Kassian, Vrbata aren't really defensive players and that makes up most of the top 9, outside of Kassian that's also a pretty soft group.... I don't see how we can really say we're better than the Oilers or Flames? We were on their level of suck last season with Kesler... Without Kesler I think we're closing that gap.

I pray that you are right.

Benning has done everything he could possibly to do ensure that the Canucks do NOT get a top 5 draft pick.

If Edmonton and Calgary are able to outplay us this season it would really help us finish lower in the standings and pick up an elite talent that our prospect pool sorely needs.

As I see it right now though, we're destined for a 10th place finish in the West.

Here's hoping for 13th or 14th!!!

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ducks for me. There is always energy, they're always entertaining, win or lose, and now with the Kesler element...we could see some fireworks. They're the better team, but even when we were better, there was still feeling and animosity without out right hate.

Calgary and Edmonton kind of slip in by default here, and San Jose, L.A. And Phoenix all could make a case, but Anaheim just does it for me.

Colorado, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Detroit are all big games, and the Rangers too, but they dont happen to come to town enough for me to say there is a "rivalry" with the current schedule.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
I pray that you are right.

Benning has done everything he could possibly to do ensure that the Canucks do NOT get a top 5 draft pick.

If Edmonton and Calgary are able to outplay us this season it would really help us finish lower in the standings and pick up an elite talent that our prospect pool sorely needs.

As I see it right now though, we're destined for a 10th place finish in the West.

Here's hoping for 13th or 14th!!!

Not happening. They might win a game or two, but Calgary's first line is non-existent and Edmonton has a MASSIVE hole at 2c. Never mind that blueline.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Ducks for me. There is always energy, they're always entertaining, win or lose, and now with the Kesler element...we could see some fireworks. They're the better team, but even when we were better, there was still feeling and animosity without out right hate.

Calgary and Edmonton kind of slip in by default here, and San Jose, L.A. And Phoenix all could make a case, but Anaheim just does it for me.

Colorado, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Detroit are all big games, and the Rangers too, but they dont happen to come to town enough for me to say there is a "rivalry" with the current schedule.

The Ducks ripped us up last year. We're not letting that happen again.

Hat trick post?

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
This here. I may get up for games vs the Hawks, or Kings, but the team is too un competitive to make me think this is the team the Canucks have to beat to move on... they are going to struggle to beat the lower teams... I say tank for McDavid.

/token username assessment :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad