Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Drake's like, this will be the most embarrassing loss out of Toronto this weekend. I will top the leafs.

What a weak ass response on all levels by him lol.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Absolutely. But people are underrating it because it's Drake. That's a good diss from him. Now Kendrick has been accused of being a wife beater, someone else impregnating his girl, etc...shit is as ugly as I can remember.

To be real, Drake has had some weird encounters with underage girls. Not sure if he ever did anything physical, but there's certainly smoke there.

It's almost like getting into a pissing match with Trump. He's going to muddy the waters so the truth is hard to find. Crazy time in hip-hop history.
There is really nothing to underrate. It's a bad response. It just goes nuh uh, I cant be one I'm famous. Kendrick called him a habitual liar, nothing Drake says should be believed.

Also, regarding the underage girls stuff, he has been in DM's of 16 year olds and 17 year olds then goes on dates with them when they hit 18, grooming shit.

There is also that concert when he kissed a 17 year old and commented on her breasts. The video is out there. Then there is a photo of him kissing selena gomez on the cheek at her sweet 16, and he is way too into it.

Then you have his friend Baka who was brought up on charges for sex trafficking and prostitution. So Drake didn't do any sort of good rebuttable to any of that. His line about Kendrick being molested driving his "obsession with pedophiles" by referencing a song he clearly didn't listen to or grasp, shows that. His bringing up Millie Bobby Brown is super telling and a slip up since Kendrick never mentioned her, and there are numerous incidents besides her.

The supposed we fed you fake information about another hidden kid seems like a reach. If that was the case, why not respond idk, yesterday ASAP about that? Seems like this is just one big damage control for Kendrick dunking on him and then dancing on his grave with a second drop.

He also did not address any of the things that is about him being a culture vulture.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
The supposed we fed you fake information about another hidden kid seems like a reach.
"The ones that you're gettin' your stories from, they all clowns"

literally 3 lines later...

"We plotted for a week and then we fed you the information
A daughter that's eleven years old, I bet he takes it"

the math ain't mathin, Aubrey...

Reactions: Killing Joke

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
There is really nothing to underrate. It's a bad response. It just goes nuh uh, I cant be one I'm famous. Kendrick called him a habitual liar, nothing Drake says should be believed.

Also, regarding the underage girls stuff, he has been in DM's of 16 year olds and 17 year olds then goes on dates with them when they hit 18, grooming shit.

There is also that concert when he kissed a 17 year old and commented on her breasts. The video is out there. Then there is a photo of him kissing selena gomez on the cheek at her sweet 16, and he is way too into it.

Then you have his friend Baka who was brought up on charges for sex trafficking and prostitution. So Drake didn't do any sort of good rebuttable to any of that. His line about Kendrick being molested driving his "obsession with pedophiles" by referencing a song he clearly didn't listen to or grasp, shows that. His bringing up Millie Bobby Brown is super telling and a slip up since Kendrick never mentioned her, and there are numerous incidents besides her.

The supposed we fed you fake information about another hidden kid seems like a reach. If that was the case, why not respond idk, yesterday ASAP about that? Seems like this is just one big damage control for Kendrick dunking on him and then dancing on his grave with a second drop.

He also did not address any of the things that is about him being a culture vulture.
All very good points.

I saw the video, but wasnt he like 21? Reminds me of a dude at a Frat party hitting in a girl only to find out she's 17. The weird part was him continuing to sexualize her in front of everyone after he found out her age.. 'Youre young, but youre still so thicc.' Or whatever he said. In my mind, that was scummy, but doesn't prove he's a pedo.

Ive only seen a bit of the texts and birthdays. Part of me thought, this is Hollywood, so maybe there's some business side to it. But then I remember, this is Hollywood, and its littered with power hungry dudes who take advantage of ambitious young girls. This is the smoke that makes me side eye him, though.

I honestly didn't feel Kendrick's new album. It was a snoozefest, so I assumed Drake had some inside info on him.

I didn't know about Bukka, either.

I have to say, Kendrick is destroying his image, and if this shit starts coming to light, then good. Kendrick has been clear cut the better rapper and is doing way more damage to Drake's character. I think he's going to drop another nuclear diss until Drake STFU about Kenny's family.

So, I think the diss was pretty good, but with this info it takes some of the steam out of it. Seems like Drake is starting to break, too. Kendrick's disses have been FAR better and just brutally personal.

"The ones that you're gettin' your stories from, they all clowns"

literally 3 lines later...

"We plotted for a week and then we fed you the information
A daughter that's eleven years old, I bet he takes it"

the math ain't mathin, Aubrey...
Hm...I didn't hear about this either. I thought that would've been an epic move on Drake's part. Some Game of Thrones shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I’ve seen all of the above regurgitated and it’s just not enough for me to justify the pedophile accusations. People are really reaching here.

With that being said this response was sloppy, but Drake is smart to end it here. Kendrick made the better songs and Drake can’t control the narrative. The internet has made up its mind and dragging this out another week won’t change that.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I've been passively paying attention to this beef through Twitter but hadn't listened to any of the tracks until now. This Drake song has to be one of the worst diss tracks I've ever heard. He barely sounds awake on it, bars are awful and the beat sounds like something I would make in 10 minutes before trashing it. Also the outro is beyond cringe.

I don't want to sound like an old head but someone desperately needs to show this guy No Vaseline or Real Muthaphuckin Gs or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killing Joke

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
with the power of hindsight, Cole backing out looks to be one of the smartest business decisions i've seen in a while
Absolutely. I was wrong in thinking this would be friendly competition. Not sure why I thought that when beef in rap always seems to het personal.

Cole has always been one of the more self aware rappers. Swallowed his pride to keep his family from catching strays and lies being spread about him. As a family man myself, I respect the hell out of that move if that's why he did it.

His diss track was so light that you could tell he didn't want to get personal with Kendrick as they have been tight in the past. I wonder if he talked to Drake, and Drake gave him an idea of the route he was going to take, so Cole dipped out. All speculation at this point, but smart move regardless of the reason.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I’ve seen all of the above regurgitated and it’s just not enough for me to justify the pedophile accusations. People are really reaching here.

With that being said this response was sloppy, but Drake is smart to end it here. Kendrick made the better songs and Drake can’t control the narrative. The internet has made up its mind and dragging this out another week won’t change that.

Couple this with him being in the DMs of minors, nah.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Couple this with him being in the DMs of minors, nah.

It’s weirdo behaviour but the standard for labelling someone a pedophile/groomer needs to be much higher. It’s Drake so he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt, but I think we have to take a step back and be real here. I’ve seen people go as far as compare him to P. Diddy and R. Kelly. Kendrick compared him to Weinstein.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
It’s weirdo behaviour but the standard for labelling someone a pedophile/groomer needs to be much higher. It’s Drake so he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt, but I think we have to take a step back and be real here. I’ve seen people go as far as compare him to P. Diddy and R. Kelly. Kendrick compared him to Weinstein.
His texting and dming girls under 18 and then taking them out when theyre 18 fits the groomer claims.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
with the power of hindsight, Cole backing out looks to be one of the smartest business decisions i've seen in a while
Apparently word got out that Cole was given the heads up to back out from someone in Kendricks circle. Definitely smart of him to get out of this asap

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Drake went from ”you aint got nothing drop p***y” to ”idc if you drop anymore” lmao

Kendrick sweeped that man

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
His texting and dming girls under 18 and then taking them out when theyre 18 fits the groomer claims.
Potentially, I agree that it’s very questionable. Just think everyone is filling in the blanks and taking a big leap.
Reading more into the Millie Brown situation, and it certainly seems like Drake was getting a bit too close to her. In one tweet, she defends him by saying he's 'such a good friend' and in another interview she says 'he gives me boy advice' and 'I cant give all the details of the tweets'.

I know the fact she defends him seems like a good sign, but that's how teenagers act when the groomer gets in trouble because, well, they've been manipulating them.

So, none of us can say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if some shit sticks to Drake one of these days, and that would make the molestation line really cringey, which already is iffy.

Also, there has been some stories popping up about his tour in London 10 years ago. He'd have guys from his crew pick girls up at clubs or the concert. Invite them backstage. Get them f***ed up on something that hits them terribly quickly, then get laid. One of the girls telling the stories was 18 or 19, but said they didn't ID people. Also, Future was name dropped as being there.

Mistakes happen. I can see someone in there early 20s hooking up with someone at a frat party only to find out she's 17, but when you're a superstar throwing an after party...why not ID?

Finally, Metro is catching some heat now:

I'd assume a whole bunch of rappers/rockstars have done similar shit as Drake with the parties, so they may not want to throw stones.

Finally, how about Kendrick potentially abusing his GF? She hasn't spoken to his defense, right? A man can grow, but that'd be disappointing to hear. Don't meet your idols, people. Or maybe, dont idolize superstars.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I have no allegiance to Drake or Kendrick and I have way more Kdot songs in rotation, but Family matters is the best song that came out of all this “beef” that shit goes hard as a mf. Kendricks shit got too TMZ ish

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I have no allegiance to Drake or Kendrick and I have way more Kdot songs in rotation, but Family matters is the best song that came out of all this “beef” that shit goes hard as a mf. Kendricks shit got too TMZ ish
Its my favorite track outta them all.

Im not a Macklemore guy by any stretch of the imaginaiton but this is actually a pretty good track

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Reading more into the Millie Brown situation, and it certainly seems like Drake was getting a bit too close to her. In one tweet, she defends him by saying he's 'such a good friend' and in another interview she says 'he gives me boy advice' and 'I cant give all the details of the tweets'.

I know the fact she defends him seems like a good sign, but that's how teenagers act when the groomer gets in trouble because, well, they've been manipulating them.

So, none of us can say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if some shit sticks to Drake one of these days, and that would make the molestation line really cringey, which already is iffy.

Also, there has been some stories popping up about his tour in London 10 years ago. He'd have guys from his crew pick girls up at clubs or the concert. Invite them backstage. Get them f***ed up on something that hits them terribly quickly, then get laid. One of the girls telling the stories was 18 or 19, but said they didn't ID people. Also, Future was name dropped as being there.

Mistakes happen. I can see someone in there early 20s hooking up with someone at a frat party only to find out she's 17, but when you're a superstar throwing an after party...why not ID?

Finally, Metro is catching some heat now:

I'd assume a whole bunch of rappers/rockstars have done similar shit as Drake with the parties, so they may not want to throw stones.

Finally, how about Kendrick potentially abusing his GF? She hasn't spoken to his defense, right? A man can grow, but that'd be disappointing to hear. Don't meet your idols, people. Or maybe, dont idolize superstars.
Her brother was supporting Kendrick. Doubt he’s gonna do that if the abuse allegations are true.

Way more smoke behind Drake being a groomer than Kendrick abusing his wife/ girlfriend.

aragon416

Oct 4, 2011
Her brother was supporting Kendrick. Doubt he’s gonna do that if the abuse allegations are true.

Way more smoke behind Drake being a groomer than Kendrick abusing his wife/ girlfriend.
you can't be serious with that first sentence lol.

just because its a sibling, doesn't mean you will support your sibling. people do crazy things to support famous, rich people, to remain in their circle, and yea that includes going against your family

its odd though. we have drake and his "victims" saying everyone is turning this into something it isn't. and everyone is saying, "nope, don't believe it, drake did that shit". and in the same vein, we have people saying "but kendrick's brother in law supports kendrick, so thats good enough proof for me that kendrick probably didn't do anything"

and i have to say, throwing out pedo allegations or abuse allegations or the child is not yours allegations, is all disgusting stuff to throw out, if not true, just to win a rap beef. seems more like both of them are trying to throw out the most scandalous shit about each other just to win this battle.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
you can't be serious with that first sentence lol.

just because its a sibling, doesn't mean you will support your sibling. people do crazy things to support famous, rich people, to remain in their circle, and yea that includes going against your family

its odd though. we have drake and his "victims" saying everyone is turning this into something it isn't. and everyone is saying, "nope, don't believe it, drake did that shit". and in the same vein, we have people saying "but kendrick's brother in law supports kendrick, so thats good enough proof for me that kendrick probably didn't do anything"

and i have to say, throwing out pedo allegations or abuse allegations or the child is not yours allegations, is all disgusting stuff to throw out, if not true, just to win a rap beef. seems more like both of them are trying to throw out the most scandalous shit about each other just to win this battle.
I'd actually be disgusted if these rappers new more behind the scenes shit about Drake and his crew and didn't alert the feds. I get the whole 'no snitch' policy in the hood; people's live are in danger for ratting there, but these guys are so far removed from the hood life that maybe they should start being guided by their moral compass, especially if it's dealing with innocent women (or men, doesn't matter...innocent is the key word) and children.

My wife brought up a good point, though, and it's something I've been thinking about...could Drake sue Kendrick for defamation if there isn't proof? It'd be a first in rap beef, but let's be honest- Kendrick isn't calling Drake soft or anything else that's usually thrown around in rap beefs. He's calling him a pedo, and 'Not Like Us' is getting a ton of airtime.

I'm still of the belief there's a lot of smoke surrounding Drake, but I can't say for sure he's a groomer or pedo even though my gut says otherwise.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
Interesting tidbits and observations about the beef that i've seen on twitter:

>There was one observation that Kendrick scared Drake into releasing a sh*tty, rushed response with the "how many stocks do I really have in stock" line in Not Like Us. I can kinda see it: The Heart Part 6 had shades of Meek Mill's "I Wanna Know", which was also rushed to hell

>If the fake daughter claim he touched on in "meet the grahams" was really fabricated info, wouldn't Drake have been relentlessly trolling him on Insta immediately after he dropped?

>A ton of Drake stans are trying to discredit the master manipulator claim but "gaslighting the world/your enemy by intentionally misinterpreting one of his songs" is the most "master manipulator" thing i've ever heard of

>What does it really say about him that his only defense towards the pedo allegations is "I'm too famous, they would have arrested me by now"? Does he not remember how long it took to lock up Bill Cosby for his offenses?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad