Who are on the Mount Rushmore of this millennium?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue, seems like you’re arguing just for the sake of it. If you’re saying 35 goals and 76 pts in 43 games, or 28 goals and 91 pts in 67 games aren’t high end years then I don’t know what your criteria is? Or are you arguing because I used the word few instead of couple? If that’s the case this is a bigger waste of time that I originally thought

Use few, couple, multiple or whatever word you want. 1 top 10 pt finish in the millennium isn't anything high end. 43 games = "high end year"... Right.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Crosby, Ovi, Malkin, Kane are probably my 4 if we are talking 2000-2021 so far. Lidstrom was a beast but those 4 of arguably accomplished more.

Kucherov and McDavid seem like the sure bets to push into that category by the time they retire. McD has to really push the pace in playoffs and at least get a Cup.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Right now, for the century, it'd have to be Crosby, Ovechkin, and Lidstrom, with McDavid likely to join those four. You'd have to hope that by the year 2100, not more than one of those four (it won't be Lidstrom) will be on that list and that by the year 3000 none of them would make the cut.

DMXATF23

Mar 9, 2004
St. Petersburg, FL
3x lindsay (tied for 1st), 3x ross (1st), 2x hart (1 of 3 multiple winners), 4x 1st AST. I thought it was a ranking of individual players, not which team won the most.
Not saying the dude hasn’t accomplished quite a bit, I just find it tough to say he’s a slam dunk when he’s been swept out of the first round 2 out of 3 appearances.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Brodeur, Lidstrom, Ovechkin, Kane/Crosby

It should be everyone's list. How could people exclude Brodeur...
I can see leaving Brodeur off if we are only talking this millennium. He had 10 good to great seasons post 2000 (I'll give him the 99/00 season with the Cup). But, guys like Malkin, Kane, Crosby, etc have longer runs just due to their entire careers taking place post-2000. Brodeur and Lidstrom are slightly hurt in that a substantial amount of their greatness pre-dates the turn of the millennium.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Crosby, Lindstrom, Ovechkin, Brodeur

I feel like it should have one of each position, C, W, D, and G.

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
Crosby, Ovi, Malkin, Kane are probably my 4 if we are talking 2000-2021 so far. Lidstrom was a beast but those 4 of arguably accomplished more.

Kucherov and McDavid seem like the sure bets to push into that category by the time they retire. McD has to really push the pace in playoffs and at least get a Cup.
I mean besides Orr what other dman has a hart ? Chris Pronger I think ? It’s so rare for them to win that and his 7 Norris Trophies have something to say about being less accomplished.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean besides Orr what other dman has a hart ? Chris Pronger I think ? It’s so rare for them to win that and his 7 Norris Trophies have something to say about being less accomplished.

In the Norris era, Orr 3x and Pronger 1x are it. Before the introduction of the Norris in 1954, it wasn't uncommon (Herb Gardiner, Eddie Shore 4x, Babe Siebert, Ebbie Goodfellow, Tommy Anderson, Babe Pratt.)

Reactions: PolishPrince21

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Crosby, Lidstrom, Ovechkin, McDavid, Brodeur.

So my Mount Rushmore monument has five heads on it. How do you like them apples?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Crosby and OV are obviously locks. Lidstrom has to be on there too... 7 Norris trophies is hard ignore.

Last one is the toughest. Ultimately between Malkin and Thornton. I think I have to go Malkin, although Thornton wouldn't be a bad pick either. Leads all scorers since 2000, multiple 100 point seasons, has hardware and is a sure fire first ballot HHOFer.

Leaving Brodeur off seems wrong too. 4 consecutive Vezinas and 5 consecutive 1AST...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad