WJC: Who’s this year’s MONSTER PERFORMER?

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Watching Schroeder play, or try to play this year, has been embarrassing. I think it's pretty safe to say Roenicks' record will stay put.

Hasn't the whole team been disappointing this year?

We'll see. 7 points isn't much, especially when you get some of the weaker teams and Schroeder should get 1st line and 1st unit PP minutes.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Eberle & Filatov will destroy the competition. Eberle got 6 goals last year and needs at least 7 goals this year to be the all-time leading goal scorer.

SpitsOHL89

Dec 8, 2009
Windsor
Pierre's New Love Affair - Brandon McMillan

Every WJHC Pierre McGuire falls in love with one of the Canadian players and talks about him non-stop throughout the tournament. After two exhibition games it is clear that the lucky guy so far is Brandon McMillan. Gotta love Pierre's passion.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He usually picks great players, so this is good news for micky mouse.

also micky has played great, deserves some praise.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
He has some pretty slick hands and good speed from what I see so far. Nice goal.

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
mcguire.png

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Last year, Ryan Ellis and John "Magical Play" Tavares were Pierre's love affairs.

This year, McMillan and Pietrangelo look like Pierre's early favorites.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Interesting that Pierre threw out the nickname "Doctor" for Ryan Ellis.

Seemed fairly random. Is there any kind of backstory to this, like an obvious Dr. Ellis that I am blatantly forgetting, or something in Ellis's past remotely associated with being a Doctor?

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC

Seemed fairly random. Is there any kind of backstory to this, like an obvious Dr. Ellis that I am blatantly forgetting, or something in Ellis's past remotely associated with being a Doctor?

I can't be the only one who thought it may be a reference to Pierre wanting a checkup?

SpitsOHL89

Dec 8, 2009
Windsor

I presume its just for his ability to control the offense with his playmaking. Kind of like how they refer to great quarterback's like peyton manning as doctors or surgeons because they pick apart defenses. Ellis picks apart defenses with his passing and decision making.

Steve466

Apr 21, 2005
After two exhibition games, Brandon McMillan seems to be the chosen one. Taylor Hall isn't far behind though.

Beatle17

Jan 14, 2009
Pierre McQuires love affair and bragging on the players almost makes me cheer for the other team. Every simple little play is followed by an "outstanding" or "unbelievable". The only thing outstanding so far has been the goaltending. As the players grow as a team we could see a great effort, but to continually build these kids up like Pierre and Gord Miller do, it is just setting them up for a downfall.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Poor Ellis he must be shattered he's not the guy this year....Hall's jumping for joy so far he's not it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad