WJC: Who’s this year’s MONSTER PERFORMER?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Yes, it’s that time of year again! Unlike other threads that ask you to predict who will actually play well or contribute to his team, I want your guess as to whom Pierre McGuire will compare to a Hall of Famer or current NHL star of the same nationality and shout WHAMO! every time they win a face-off.

My guess is Patrice Cormier becomes the next Patrice Bergeron.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Ill predict all players will get a complimentary NHL/ HoF comparison from Pierre going from the likes of Taylor Hall (Bure), to Cormier (John Madden), and if Colton Teubert lays someone out were gonna get fed a whole bunch of "Double Dion" replays.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Somebody should make a list of MONSTERS of previous years...Phaneuf, Parise...who else?

Has there been many non-NA MONSTERS over the years? Can't remember any.

korben*

Mikael Granlund :handclap:

Of "unknowns". IF Finland makes it to last 4. You will be hearing name Teemu Eronen. A lot.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
John Carlson. Pierre was gushing over him when he cover a Caps game against Toronto.

From Canada....Braydon Schenn.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Somebody should make a list of MONSTERS of previous years...Phaneuf, Parise...who else?

Has there been many non-NA MONSTERS over the years? Can't remember any.

Tavares and Marchand come to mind.

Steve466

Apr 21, 2005
Tavares and Marchand come to mind.

Luke "The Human Eraser" Schenn as well. Also, I don't think he ever said the name Ryan Ellis without pointing out what a special talent he is.
This year I think his biggest man-crush will be on Kozun. I predict that McGuire will point out how small he is at least three times every game. Comparisons to Fleury will be impossible to stop.

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
interesting take by Burmistrov:

http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/pr...ov-this-time-russia-will-win-the-gold-72.html

It looks like Canada’s leader this year will be Taylor Hall. You know him not only by hearsay. Can you tell us your opinion about this player?
Burmistrov: "I think that their leader isn’t Hall, but Nazem Kadri. Hall has very good partners. They play together with their club and now they’ll play together with the national team too. I’m talking about forwards Adam Henrique and Greg Nemisz. They have very good mutual understanding, it’s the second season they play together. They bring a lot of points to their team. Hall is of course a good player, I can’t say anything different. But I think that team Canada’s leader will be Kadri."

Why do you think that Kadri will be their player to watch?
Burmistrov: "It’s evident. He doesn’t depend on anyone."

scdn

May 27, 2009
I can imagine hearing, "Taylor Hall, from Kingston, Ontario Gord, home of the great Dougie Gilmour..."

I am interested to find out about St. Malo, Manitoba though when he talks about Travis Harmonic.

Canuck71*

I really think this will be Adam Henriques coming out tournament to the world showing people how well rounded of a player he really is. Pierre is going to love him

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Its not a shot at Kadri, relax. I just found it funny how a Russian player was saying Canada's go to guy will be a player who doesnt depend on anyone. Kadri has been called out for not using his teammates enough, Russians have been called out in this tournament before by our media for not playing like a team and some of them trying to win it by themselves.

I doubt its what Burmistrov actually meant, but its fitting coming from a Russian player anyways.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Jordan Schroeder is 7 points away from passing Jeremy Roenick for all time USA World Jr. scoring, so I'll go with him.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Jordan Schroeder is 7 points away from passing Jeremy Roenick for all time USA World Jr. scoring, so I'll go with him.

Watching Schroeder play, or try to play this year, has been embarrassing. I think it's pretty safe to say Roenicks' record will stay put.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
IMO its Filatov.

And I think Henriques coming out party was the memorial cup. Even if he was robbed of the MVP...
Posted via Mobile Device

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Filatov and Kadri both have the speed and skill to break games open. Those are the players to watch for a huge WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad