White jerseys at home?

Ttracer*

No way, I love teams wearing their colours at home. Flyers are known for being Orange, why would I want to see them in white at home? I know we all have different opinions but it boggles my mind why people would want their team to wear white at home, it's so...boring.

Ideally it should be home teams choice.
Agreed, you should show up to the arena in team colors, matching those on the players.

Winnipeg fans are currently stuc in 1983, wearing Anaheims road colors while their team wears the home blues...??? :help::help:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The best way, imo, is to just have the current system, but with away teams being allowed to wear their home jersey if they aren't similar. So if it's Oilers vs Predators, both teams wear their home jersey. If it's Oilers vs Isles, the away team wears their road jersey.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Home team wears home colors.

Watching the NBA playoffs right now makes me wish it was so there too

...huh, the Pelicans are wearing darks at home and the Warriors are wearing blue. I like

Last edited:

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
What I wouldn't give to see my Leafs wear these beauties at home again. :nod:

smiling-tomas-ap-dl.jpg

Pure childhood nostalgia . With HNIC theme in the background ..gives me the chills

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
When visiting, I want to see the Blackhawks' and Red Wings' red. Rangers' blue. Penguins' blue and gold. Stars's green. Flyers' orange. Etc. Not *home team colour* and white from every opposition. Hockey jerseys are by far the best. I want to see that variety.

Unless you're referring to something in the past, the Pens wear black & (Vegas) gold now (hopefully switching to Pittsburgh gold for next season!).

I prefer to see the home team wear white and see the visiting colors, but as a caps fan that would junk the caps rock the red which sets them apart from other teams now.

Just curious - what about "rock the red" sets it apart from other teams? Lots of teams wear red...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
He was talking about soccer.

Take this series, though. Wouldn't red vs yellow in either building be better than red vs white and yellow vs white?

White sucks.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Home team should wear white. It's great to see all the various colours of the visiting teams. As it is now, it's just boring to see home team in their darks and visitors in white...EVERY GAME...zzzzzz...

seasontixholder*

Wearing white at home is silly. The Leafs' colour is blue, they should wear blue in their own arena.

When the Leafs say that it should be colors at home then it has to be so. After all it is the center of the universe.

Why not leave the system as is but in the playoffs the teams have their choice. Winnipeg wants white at home in the playoffs then let them have it.

WiscMNwildfan

May 31, 2012
Minnesota should wear their white jerseys at home or at least switch their home jerseys to their green ones. Their red ones are pretty much Christmas pajamas.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Home team should wear white. It's great to see all the various colours of the visiting teams. As it is now, it's just boring to see home team in their darks and visitors in white...EVERY GAME...zzzzzz...

I never understood this argument because there's still plenty of color in the whites. One change I would be willing to make is allow teams to wear colored helmets on the road. But as far as color jerseys vs white jerseys is concerned, I prefer colors at home.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Given the Bettman thing I don't think things are going to change. Yes, I'd love a system which was both teams wearing colours, if same, road team wears white, but again that might make long road trips difficult in terms of equipment since teams only want to bring one uniform.

However where they can really do that is the playoffs. In the playoffs, I think teams should be able to do whatever works since it is just two teams. Flames Red vs. Canucks Blue? Yes! Nashville Yellow vs. Blackhawks Red? Yes! Winnipeg wears white at home vs. Ducks in Black? Yes!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Detroit white jersey > Dark jersey

Yep. One of the rare ones where that's true. My high school wore Wings unis, we all liked the whites better and always requested to wear them for the team photo.

It's such a perfect blend: white helmet, white jersey with red sleeves, red pants, white socks.

The red uni is so commie.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I remember the Rangers wore their road blues for their final home game in 98-99 which was Gretzky's final game.

I wish the NHL allowed the alternates to be used in the playoffs. The Rangers always have the best third sweaters.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I remember the Rangers wore their road blues for their final home game in 98-99 which was Gretzky's final game.

I wish the NHL allowed the alternates to be used in the playoffs. The Rangers always have the best third sweaters.

They do, however, I believe the rule is that if you choose to wear your alternates, you must wear them throughout the playoffs. If you'll note, for instance, Washington is wearing their alternates this year.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
They do, however, I believe the rule is that if you choose to wear your alternates, you must wear them throughout the playoffs. If you'll note, for instance, Washington is wearing their alternates this year.

That is true with Washington but it's a sucky rule that you can't just wear your alternates when you want to. In other words, the Rangers only wear the alternates at home since they are dark so they should be able to pick and choose when to wear those for home playoff games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad