Which UFA would you like to see with the Habs next year?

NewHabsEra*

Radim Vrbata, anyone? I'd rather get him than Setoguchi/Steen. I think it's also very realistic. He could replace our captain. And he's cheaper.

He'll be 33 next year. Maybe a 3 year contract until he's 35 isn't that bad.

Pacioretty Plekanec Vrbata (Patches, Pleks needs to be a duo next year+a Czech teammate)
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher (Are they really ready to be our 2nd line next year? Im still 50/50)
Bournival Briere Bourque (3B? Unfortunately, Briere will still be here :()
Prust/Parros DD Moen (Wish MB could find a way to get rid of DD but I don't see it happening)

As for defense, Markov/Emelin/Diaz will sign, Murray/Bouillon are gone.

Markov Subban
Gorges Emelin
Tinordi Diaz
Drewiske Beaulieu

Yep Vrbata is a very skilled player that still has at least 2-3 good years to give.. I would definitely considere him highly..

durojean

May 29, 2007
The Sedins... If I remember correctly Dany Dubé said that Montreal was their first option after Vancouver last time they nearly became ufa.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
#1: Re-sign Markov...

Let's get real... he played a huge role in Subban winning the Norris last year.

Replace Markov by Girardi and we're ****ED!!! Do I have to remind everyone our record without the General?

In the 2 division titles we won (2008 and 2013), Markov lead the time in ice. It was also the only 2 seasons where he played ALL games.

#2: Maybe try to sign a big, physical forward... Alex Steen?

Apr 28, 2010
I'd resign Markov, Emelin and Diaz, then the TML's Mark Fraser to alleviate their sizable defence. Sign David Legwand from Nashville, Asham from NYR's, Trevor Lewis from LAK's and Ryan Reaves from St. Louis. The forwards are all playoff types and the only expensive player would be Legwand but he's worth the money.:handclap:Westgarth from Carolina instead of Asham and add Raymond from Toronto as well. Can't keep letting TML's sign up the speedster once more.

So we'll have 6 lines next year? :laugh: Thats a lot of players, man and we won't have a lot of roster spots after this season. Just saying.

I only see 2-3 spots available for next year. A top 6 forward, a 3rd pairing dman and maybe a 13th forward (Parros will resign, I think).

Moen, DD, DB, Bourque will still be here.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Michalek
Callahan
Vanek

Ericsson
Girardi

Or if that's out of our price range:

Setoguchi
Downie
Kulemin

Nikitin