Which UFA would you like to see with the Habs next year?

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
he's done and everyones better than him according to the main board

we should get that unknown russian player playing in a shady league somewhere in bolivia, he's supposedly better than Gretzky

Speaking of Russian guy, there's that Ovechsomething who's not too bad... Maybe we should try to get him? :dunno:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Not really, I was just trolling on the Sedin bit. They'd be costly and do not fit this team in any way shape or form. MB is building a young team and trying to get tougher, that is no secret. The Sedin's are none of those things and come with a price tag they also have no room for.

Kostitsyn will produce just as much as Gionta at this point for way cheaper, already has chemistry with Plekanec and Eller. Many people would agree he would look great with Galchenyuk too..

Montreal is on a tight budget with Subban and Eller needing new contracts. Not to mention Markov and Emelin + being stuck with DD and Briere for 7.5 Million. AK would fit, Sedin sister's don't. I get the original poster understood that too..but as a huge Vancouver and Sedin sister hater, I threw up in my mouth a little at the thought.

SedinPunch_Final.gif

Kostitsyn is the laziest of the lazy russian players out there, he's also presumably a rotten apple in the locker room and got involved in some shady stuff back then

added to the fact that he's not a very good hockey player 65 games out of 82, no thanks. I'd sign Latendresse before him, and god knows I hate Guimauve Latendresse

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Resign Markov and Emelin

Forwards wish list:
Vanek
Callahan

Defense wish list:
Girardi
Phaneuf

I know chances of getting even one of them is very slime, but if we could get them we would be a very solid team.

Vanek can be a constant offensive treat night after night so we can have 2 solid offensive line game after game for once.

Callahan, heart and soul, can bring offense too.

Girardi, the shutdown d-man we really need.

Phaneuf, everyone hates him but we have to admit, he is good. Mean streak, physical, play him on the 2nd paring with Markov.

Like I said, it's more likely to be a dream than it becoming reality but if we can get one of them I'd be extremely happy

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
Girardi for sure, but that means goodbye Markov. It would break my heart but I'd do it without a doubt. Ott I would love, but he'll be looking for more than 4th line duties. Bournival Ott Prust would be a killer 3rd line.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
http://www.capgeek.com/canadiens/

Only way we go after UFAs is if we let people go and replace them. I wouldn't go after any big players.

I'm in the bring back AK46 camp. Moen-Eller-AK was really good, with AK/Eller making incredible passes and Moen creating space.
It was so good we separated them.
I still don't get it.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Kostitsyn is the laziest of the lazy russian players out there, he's also presumably a rotten apple in the locker room and got involved in some shady stuff back then

added to the fact that he's not a very good hockey player 65 games out of 82, no thanks. I'd sign Latendresse before him, and god knows I hate Guimauve Latendresse

Ah yes, the lazy russian trope. Get new material, this is all used up.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

AK is lazy? A bad hockey player ?

So .... Who's good on this team ? Who's not lazy ? For good, I'd go with Eller and Subban and for not lazy I'd go with Gallagher.

No wonder were not winning, right ?

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal

So .... Who's good on this team ? Who's not lazy ? For good, I'd go with Eller and Subban and for not lazy I'd go with Gallagher.

To be fair, he was a lazy player at times, faaaar from being a bad player though.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
To be fair, he was a lazy player at times, faaaar from being a bad player though.

Define lazy ?

By the same light, Patches, Eller, Galchenyuk and 95% of the NHL is lazy.

Theres a lot of players who just don't have that Gallagher play style in the NHL. Most of them I'd say.

The lazy argument to define a professional hockey player is beyond stupid.

NewHabsEra*

Dan Girardi sould be our #1 target..

And it would be sweet to raplace Gionta by one of Steen, Callahan or Vrbata..

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Define lazy ?

By the same light, Patches, Eller, Galchenyuk and 95% of the NHL is lazy.

Theres a lot of players who just don't have that Gallagher play style in the NHL. Most of them I'd say.

The lazy argument to define a professional hockey player is beyond stupid.

I'm using the word lazy, what I mean is invisible, there were many many games where he was a non-factor. We saw flashes at some times but he'd be invisible at other times, same thing with Kovalev, and he was my favorite player.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

So you're saying he's better than everyone on our team except Eller and Subban?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm using the word lazy, what I mean is invisible, there were many many games where he was a non-factor. We saw flashes at some times but he'd be invisible at other times, same thing with Kovalev, and he was my favorite player.

Yup, a streaky player.

Just like Bourque, just like Patches, just like 99% of the NHL.

So you're saying he's better than everyone on our team except Eller and Subban?

Yeah, no.

He's definitely a better player than most of our wingers though.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I say Thornton, Gaborik, Marleau, Vanek, Lundqvist, Callahan, Girardi, Boyle, Phaneuf and Jagr on top of Markov and Emelin.

Vanek - Thornton - Gaborik
Pacioretty - Marleau - Jagr
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Plekanec - Callahan

Subban - Markov
Phaneuf - Boyle
Girardi - Emelin

Lundqvist
Price

And if we have some extra cash, maybe the Sedins?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Yup, a streaky player.

Yeah, no.

He's definitely a better player than most of our wingers though.

Overall both ways? Not even close, once in a while he'll have an incredible game, but that's it. He's not in the NHL anymore for a reason

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Yup, a streaky player.

I don't know about that, there's a difference between not getting points for a stretch of a few games, and being invisible. Desharnais has been pretty invisible except that one game, Brière has been invisible, non factors.

Bourque and Patches, despite not getting many points are still doing stuff on the ice.

I don't know if I'm able to explain myself properly.

Flyinghab

Jul 18, 2012
Ontario
Girardi and Steen for sure. I'd like that...a lot actually. I would like Vanek but the price tag would be ridiculous!

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Free agents? Just keeping our current roster together will be a challenge given cap situation.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Did I just read that someone wouldn't sign the Sedins? Seriously, you wouldn't sign two PPG players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->