Which UFA would you like to see with the Habs next year?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Saku Koivu. MAKE IT HAPPEN MARC!

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Callahan would be great. Setoguchi for realistic chance.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
Vanek or Steen to inject some scoring threat in our forward group.

That would be nice.

As someone mentioned, Girardi too.

If we could keep Emelin too it would be nice, but we'd ave a lot of defensemen... Considering the number of injuries in the last years, I guess it's better to have many anyway.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
I'd throw the bank at Vanek. He's a reliable player and hasn't show any signs of slowing down. And he's 29, to boot!

Gaborik would be nice but the guy has had a history of dealing with injuries, especially with his groin. Nevertheless, he's another player, I'd try to get with a 5-year contract.

HOWEVER...

Next year, the only forward whose contract will run out is Gionta. Sure, 5 million is a lot of money, but PK Subban will need to be re-signed and that 5 million cushion will be going towards that.

Meanwhile, Markov's (almost) 5.8 million contract will end. I'd be weary to sign him at even half of that amount, now. Emelin's contract would also need to be re-signed as well.

Bottom line ; I don't think the Habs will be in any position to go after *any* high-profile UFA. The Brière and Desharnais contracts will make sure of that. Bourque's contract doesn't help either.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Obviously we'd re-sign markov and emelin...i'd also look into Steen and Downie (and buyout DD)

Emelin - Subban
Markov - Girardi
Tinordi - Gorges

not bad.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
The Sedins. I think it would be nice.

gag.gif

No. I don't care how pretty the sisters passing is.. just, no.

Emelin
Girardi
Markov

Kostitsyn :sarcasm:
Much needed secondary scoring, and he hits like a freight train when he wants too. Gionta can take his 5 mill, his "character" and play killing slapshots from 50 feet out and MTFO.

Last edited:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Or Crosby, we should get Crosby.

he's done and everyones better than him according to the main board

we should get that unknown russian player playing in a shady league somewhere in bolivia, he's supposedly better than Gretzky

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Ryan Reaves to replace Parros.

Vanek, Callahan, Sedins, Thornton, Marleau....arent realistic acquisitions.

I would look for players like Nikitin or Ericksson who wouldnt cost that much.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Dan Girardi
Matt Moulson

Re-sign Markov and Emelin

This makes the most sense. Sorry but habs just don't have the money to throw at Vanek. Instead habs are stuck with dead weight like Desharnais and Briere for 7.5mil. There's your Vanek money. :cry:

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
When somebody calls them "Sedin sisters," they automatically lose all credibility.

Is it possible to be in a credibility deficit? ;)

Not really, I was just trolling on the Sedin bit. They'd be costly and do not fit this team in any way shape or form. MB is building a young team and trying to get tougher, that is no secret. The Sedin's are none of those things and come with a price tag they also have no room for.

Kostitsyn will produce just as much as Gionta at this point for way cheaper, already has chemistry with Plekanec and Eller. Many people would agree he would look great with Galchenyuk too.. The blind hate for AK because he didn't pan out to what everyone wanted is ridiculous. Scorers are streaky, period. If he wasn't he would be a superstar. Take him for what he is, secondary scorer who has a lethal shot and can throw crushing body checks. He improved his defensive game a LOT the last year under JM and I think he would be pressed to work hard with MT.

Montreal is on a tight budget with Subban and Eller needing new contracts. Not to mention Markov and Emelin + being stuck with DD and Briere for 7.5 Million. AK would fit, Sedin sister's don't. I get the original poster understood that too..but as a huge Vancouver and Sedin sister hater, I threw up in my mouth a little at the thought.

SedinPunch_Final.gif

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Niskanen would be my top target. Other than him, wait until the end of July and see who's available cheap (a la Raymond and Boyes this year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad