Which Tkachuk? Matthew vs Brady

Which Tkachuk Brother?

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
These two players aren't in the same weight class.

download (87).png
download (88).png

Brady is a very good player and has a very attractive niche as a 5v5 offensive driver.

Matthew is in the discussion with the MacKInnon's and Kucerov's of the league.

I took Matthew, I still take Matthew, always will take Matthew. Nothing hard about that choice.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Matthew is still ahead but let's not forget that Brady is 2 years younger

People also need to be aware that Brady Tkachuk never had NHL coaching before December 18th and they had a busy schedule so no much practice time to fix 4-5 years of bad habits

The change is finally coming into fruition and they are starting to "play the right way". I have circled January 11th on my agenda.

Both Tkachuks are beasts when it comes to CF/60, SF/60 AND xGF/60 but what I wanted to observe is Brady ES defensive metrics since that turnaround

Among 375 NHL forwards who played at least 50 ES minutes since January 11th, Brady ranks :

- 21st in CA/60
- 53rd in SA/60
- 154th in xGA/60

And if you compare before that date (Among 396 NHL forwards who played at least 200 ES minutes)

- 221st in CA/60
- 321st in SA/60
- 312th in xGA/60

So you can see what learning to play defense at the NHL level can do :laugh:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

View attachment 813280View attachment 813281

Brady is a very good player and has a very attractive niche as a 5v5 offensive driver.

I took Matthew, I still take Matthew, always will take Matthew. Nothing hard about that choice.
Matthew tkachuk is not as good as Mackinnon or Kucherov

He is Elias Pettersson, Auston Matthews, Pastranak good

Mack, Makar, Kuch, McDavid are in two top tiers

Mcdavid by himself then those 3 in 1 tier down

Next tier are the guys I mentioned above, and QHughes, JHughes, Draisaitl. M Tkachuk falls in with them

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

View attachment 813280View attachment 813281

Matthew’s numbers kind of suck this year in comparison though. Though it could be due to his injury in the playoffs.

IMG_6277.png

IMG_6278.png

Not that 50 games changes who is better between these two, but I don’t think Matthew belongs with Kucherov or MacKinnon either as he’s only had two elite seasons and one of those was on a line riding crazy percentages.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
Brady all day long...unlike his coward brother, he actually plays a rugged, two way game and his give a shit meter is higher. I don't think Matthew cares much about winning and is the biggest chicken shit in the NHL who enjoys the spotlight too much.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Matthew is still better, but I'm curious to see what a full season of a coach teaching proper defensive structure can do for Brady.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Brady all day long...unlike his coward brother, he actually plays a rugged, two way game and his give a shit meter is higher. I don't think Matthew cares much about winning and is the biggest chicken shit in the NHL who enjoys the spotlight too much.

Weird take considering last years playoff run and what Matthew played through.

Reactions: FLpanthers16

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Brady has played 0 NHL playoff games. Matthew was the best player on an underdog that went to the Stanley Cup Finals as recent as last year.

Bizarro world comment

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Brady has played 0 NHL playoff games. Matthew was the best player on an underdog that went to the Stanley Cup Finals as recent as last year.

Bizarro world comment

Exactly.

If/when Playoff Warrior finally gets the Sens over the hump, maybe we can compare him to his much more accomplished brother.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
One brother has been to the Stanley Cup final the other one hasn't even sniffed the postseason. I wonder which one I'll take. 🤔

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad