Which Tkachuk? Matthew vs Brady

Which Tkachuk Brother?

• Total voters

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
lool as a sens fan, how is brady winning?

This goes to show how little people actually watch players of other teams and instead vote more based on reputation and emotion.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Matthew averaged 29 goals 72 points per 82 games over the prior 3 years... but calling him a ~30g ~70p player is ridiculous?
When youre using it as a ceiling mark on a 24 year old, yes it is. Especially considering he is outpacing that mark by nearly 50% this year.

If we are going to use it though, then this poll is a clear win for Mathew since Brady would average 24 goals, 55 points over the course of a season

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
When youre using it as a ceiling mark on a 24 year old, yes it is. Especially considering he is outpacing that mark by nearly 50% this year.

If we are going to use it though, then this poll is a clear win for Mathew since Brady would average 24 goals, 55 points over the course of a season
I never said it was his ceiling.

Brady is on pace for 67 points as a 22 year old. I would expect him to be a ~30 goal ~65 point player for most years on his own. Matthew is probably the slightly more talented offensive player but Brady is much more responsible with the puck, and can do a lot more in terms of puck carrying and checking.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
I never said it was his ceiling.

Brady is on pace for 67 points as a 22 year old. I would expect him to be a ~30 goal ~65 point player for most years on his own. Matthew is probably the slightly more talented offensive player but Brady is much more responsible with the puck, and can do a lot more in terms of puck carrying and checking.
Id say the term slightly is pretty weak considering their gap currently and basically every season theyve played. Mathew turns the puck over because he has the puck so often, not unlike players like Gaudreau or Draisaitl.

We know they can both play the cycle and throw theirnweight around, althoigh Brady is a bigger boy and can use his size much more to his advantage.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So funny

I didn’t know enough about Matthew in his draft year
But he overwhelmingly won the thread of player most likely to bust.

Brady I knew substantially more about watching his entire year at BU
And again a year later people were down on Brady and he got player most likely to bust

Reactions: RogerRoger

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So funny

I didn’t know enough about Matthew in his draft year
But he overwhelmingly won the thread of player most likely to bust.

Brady I knew substantially more about watching his entire year at BU
And again a year later people were down on Brady and he got player most likely to bust
its the opposite for me, I saw every game of the Knights in Matt's draft yr since I was watching for Marner.
I do think Matt is better but I would like to see Brady with an elite playmaker and with a more structured system before I completely rule Brady out.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
its the opposite for me, I saw every game of the Knights in Matt's draft yr since I was watching for Marner.
I do think Matt is better but I would like to see Brady with an elite playmaker and with a more structured system before I completely rule Brady out.

Yeah the debate is tough.

I just found it funny how HFboards was down on both of these guys and have changed their tune pretty quickly.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Yeah the debate is tough.

I just found it funny how HFboards was down on both of these guys and have changed their tune pretty quickly.
plus this season is nuts, before we would get maybe 2-3 games a week where a team scores 6 or more now its 3-4 games a night we are seeing touchdowns

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Matthew overwhelmingly won the thread of player most likely to bust.

I remember the discussion on Matthew was who is the passenger on that line of Marner-Dvorak-Tkachuk
if he was voted to be a bust, they felt that he was the passenger

Fast forward to today
Marner and Tkachuk are both about to put up 100 point seasons in the NHL
Dvorak looks like a 3rd line center at best
I guess we know our answer

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
lool as a sens fan, how is brady winning?

This goes to show how little people actually watch players of other teams and instead vote more based on reputation and emotion.

Check the date of the poll.

Should also clarify as “as Brady Tkachuk’s biggest critic on the Sens board” if we are being precise.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Brady needs to improve his shot. For a guy that shoots at high volume, from high percentage areas, his career shooting percentage should be a lot better than 9.2%. If he can do that and Ottawa can improve their powerplay, it would at least be an interesting discussion.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Brady needs to improve his shot. For a guy that shoots at high volume, from high percentage areas, his career shooting percentage should be a lot better than 9.2%. If he can do that and Ottawa can improve their powerplay, it would at least be an interesting discussion.
He gets a lot of shots from high danger areas but it's usually just him trying to stuff a puck through a goalie. Sometimes I feel like he's almost too close lol.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Check the date of the poll.

Should also clarify as “as Brady Tkachuk’s biggest critic on the Sens board” if we are being precise.

Even if you take away Matthew current year he has been outproducing Brady handily.

There has always been a sizable gap in skill level and intelligence between the two, and over here people are saying they prefer Brady because of higher intelligence? A lil crazy and only people who have not seen both players could say that.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Even if you take away Matthew current year he has been outproducing Brady handily.

There has always been a sizable gap in skill level and intelligence between the two, and over here people are saying they prefer Brady because of higher intelligence? A lil crazy and only people who have not seen both players could say that.

It has more to do with Matt Tkachuk’s poor season last year which led to considerable trade rumours.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, the answer was Matthew. I thought he had already peaked and thought Brady would close the gap (which is also happening) but I can't see Brady reaching these heights, even if Norris and/or Stutzle will be as good as they have shown this season.

Matthew averaged 29 goals 72 points per 82 games over the prior 3 years... but calling him a ~30g ~70p player is ridiculous?

Be careful what you say! You have to be more respectful to player A! How dare you reveal his past offensive production (reminds me of a super funny discussion I had this week!)

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Hasn't Matthew only been suspended once and for one game?

I could be misremembering
A few times.

-march 20, 2017: suspended for 2 games

-november 17, 2017: suspended for 1 game

-december 7th, 2017: suspended for 1 game

-november 5th, 2021: fined $5,000 by NHL.

Reactions: Rydev

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
So...

This is my analogy. I think Matthew is the better player. But what Brady has the edge on is not just his size or strength, but his game is beyond bigger than Matthew's.

• Haha
Reactions: Raspewtin

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
So...

This is my analogy. I think Matthew is the better player. But what Brady has the edge on is not just his size or strength, but his game is beyond bigger than Matthew's.
I can tell you as a Sens fan I'd take Matthew. I think Brady has more or less peaked. Maybe you get some more development from (way) better coaching but I see him as an excellent complimentary top 6 player. Matthew is more the centerpiece of a line which is more valuable.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I remember the discussion on Matthew was who is the passenger on that line of Marner-Dvorak-Tkachuk
if he was voted to be a bust, they felt that he was the passenger

Fast forward to today
Marner and Tkachuk are both about to put up 100 point seasons in the NHL
Dvorak looks like a 3rd line center at best
I guess we know our answer
Funnily enough, the same thing was being pranced around when the trade happen. People thought Matthew was the passenger on his line with Lindy&Gaudreau.

Reactions: I am not exposed

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Brady Tkachuk would’ve been one helluva a player 25-35 years ago, he’s a throwback player for sure. Matthew is more built for todays type of NHL. More skilled and talented.

Both are really good but Matthew certainly takes the cake here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00