Which Tkachuk? Matthew vs Brady

Which Tkachuk Brother?

• Total voters

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think Matthew is the better player right now.

Brady has more room for development though so it could be interesting in a couple of years.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Tkachuk put over over 30 goals on multiple occasions playing with Backlund and Frolik? Years before even playing with Gaudreau. And Tkachuk helps make Gaudreau better just as much as Gaudreau helps him to be better. Matthew takes care of the hard physical down low play and soft hands in close. While Gaudreau takes care of zone entries, creating separation and looking for seams for passing and creating High danger scoring chances.
Gaudreau shared a point on like 37 points with Tkachuk that season.

Brady is about to score 30 goals 65 points on the Ottawa Senators...

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Tkachuk put over over 30 goals on multiple occasions playing with Backlund and Frolik? Years before even playing with Gaudreau. And Tkachuk helps make Gaudreau better just as much as Gaudreau helps him to be better. Matthew takes care of the hard physical down low play and soft hands in close. While Gaudreau takes care of zone entries, creating separation and looking for seams for passing and creating High danger scoring chances.

I think you mean once. He did it once. And averaged 26 goals per 82 games coming into this year even including that one season. Which incidentally is the same as what Brady has averaged in his career.

Keneeyo Fato Boiyo

Jan 5, 2019
Gaudreau shared a point on like 37 points with Tkachuk that season.

Brady is about to score 30 goals 65 points on the Ottawa Senators...
Again Tkachuk put up 34 goals and 77 points playing with Backlund and Frolik. He has only played with Gaudreau for a season and a half.

Statically Matthew is ahead and I it's likely because he's slightly better than his younger brother. Only Brady's skating is better.

Matthew has a higher GPG and PPG average.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Again Tkachuk put up 34 goals and 77 points playing with Backlund and Frolik. He has only played with Gaudreau for a season and a half.

Statically Matthew is ahead and I it's likely because he's slightly better than his younger brother. Only Brady's skating is better.

Matthew has a higher GPG and PPG average.
Again, Gaudreau had a point on 37 of those 77 points.

Switch situations and it's Brady outscoring Matthew.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Matthew must've been having a rough time when this poll was posted. Was he suspended at the time LOL

Keneeyo Fato Boiyo

Jan 5, 2019
Again, Gaudreau had a point on 37 of those 77 points.

Switch situations and it's Brady outscoring Matthew.
Where are you pulling these stats from? I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just curious which site breaks down prior seasons goals and assists on a game per game basis? Because Tkachuk didn't typically play with Gaudreau until Sutter took over. He typically has always played with Backlunds line and then got some PP time with Gaudreau.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Where are you pulling these stats from? I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just curious which site breaks down prior seasons goals and assists on a game per game basis? Because Tkachuk didn't typically play with Gaudreau until Sutter took over. He typically has always played with Backlunds line and then got some PP time with Gaudreau.
My mistake, I was lazily referencing a stat someone else provided which it turns out is way wrong.

Matthew is a very good player, a ~70 point player on his own. Offensively he's always going to be a bit better than Brady, but it's not nearly as big of a margin as their point totals would suggest. But Brady brings a lot of other elements, most important is how much better he manages the puck.

Reactions: Keneeyo Fato Boiyo

Keneeyo Fato Boiyo

Jan 5, 2019
My mistake, I was lazily referencing a stat someone else provided which it turns out is way wrong.

Matthew is a very good player, a ~70 point player on his own. Offensively he's always going to be a bit better than Brady, but it's not nearly as big of a margin as their point totals would suggest. But Brady brings a lot of other elements, most important is how much better he manages the puck.
Ahh I see no worries dude.
And yeah that's fair. And I fully agree Brady is also a very solid player. It would be amazing if they both played for the same team.

Just seems like though from what I've seen from both players that Matthew has slightly better offensive instincts. But can't go wrong with either player imo

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

You can find this information for any player. Gaudreau only contributed to 19 of Tkachuk’s points that year.

Reactions: Keneeyo Fato Boiyo

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Matthew but its real close. Both players are almost clones of each other.

I’ll put it this way. If Matthew played on the Senators. He wouldn’t have 100 points. Not even close.

Brady is also going to have the better contract. We’ll see how things play out however.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Matthew Tkachuk is one of, if not the most underrated player in the league. Absolutely incredible player

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Assuming a 60ish point player elsewhere would automatically put up 90 points playing w graft ray is not how things work lol.
I assume you mean Gaudreau?

And actually, that makes complete sense based on the long history of players getting huge production bumps while playing with Gaudreau.

Also, Brady is pacing for 67 points.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Is Whiskey finding a new victim? First it was Monahan and now we are starting on MT?

Guys that arent good unless playing with Johnny Gaudreau?

This is so obviously Matt Tkachuk. Dont get me wrong Brady is great and Id gladly take him on my team but MT by a mile

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Is Whiskey finding a new victim? First it was Monahan and now we are starting on MT?

Guys that arent good unless playing with Johnny Gaudreau?

This is so obviously Matt Tkachuk. Dont get me wrong Brady is great and Id gladly take him on my team but MT by a mile
1. Turns out I was absolutely right about Monahan.
2. Matthew is a legit first line player, 30g 70p winger. World's better than Monahan. But he's not a 100 point player without playing with someone like Gaudreau.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
1. Turns out I was absolutely right about Monahan.
2. Matthew is a legit first line player, 30g 70p winger. World's better than Monahan. But he's not a 100 point player without playing with someone like Gaudreau.
Tkachuk likely does not hit 100 points without a Gaudreau, but he has hit 100 points which Brady has not.

He has also eclipsed your 70 point mark twice and was on pace to do it once over the past 4 seasons. So labelling him as such is ridiculous.

Brady on the other hand has never ecplised 70, or came realistically close to it (this season pending).
brady and Matt both have traits that trump the others, but Brady doesnt bring anything to make up for the 40 point gap this season, let alone the gap that seems to exist seemingly every season

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Tkachuk likely does not hit 100 points without a Gaudreau, but he has hit 100 points which Brady has not.

He has also eclipsed your 70 point mark twice and was on pace to do it once over the past 4 seasons. So labelling him as such is ridiculous.

Brady on the other hand has never ecplised 70, or came realistically close to it (this season pending).
brady and Matt both have traits that trump the others, but Brady doesnt bring anything to make up for the 40 point gap this season, let alone the gap that seems to exist seemingly every season
Matthew averaged 29 goals 72 points per 82 games over the prior 3 years... but calling him a ~30g ~70p player is ridiculous?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad