Which teams need new uniforms?

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
Panthers - How can this team go 20 some odd years with no uniform rebranding? Well I guess they had that one year with the baby blue look. Love the logo but get some new colors and design going.

Blue Jackets - Their 3rd's are way better than the original ones. I was never a fan of the BJ's primary logo.

LionelHutz*

Pens need to make the 3rds the new old home unis, and make a white version for the road.

....Does that count?

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Canucks - Drop the letter mark, centre the logo.
Sens - Modernize the originals please.
Avs - Sakic days re-make.
Panthers - Keep the logo, jerseys too washed out.

Those are the big ones for me.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Anaheim - Is the current set an improvement over the last ones? Oh yeah. They're still the worst in the league, though.
Arizona - zzz. Add some horizontal striping or something, jeez.
Calgary - Go retro. The home and road are a mess.
Carolina - Needs a complete re-branding.
Colorado - Just...awful. The old design is possible, use it.
Florida - Never liked the look to begin with, but even with the return to red and the piping being removed it's still a bad template. Again, no hem striping whatsoever looks terrible.
Ottawa - Go back to the original logo and stop trying to look tough. Keep the alternates.
San Jose - Hem striping adds weight...but front numbers don't? Okay... The all-black look is terrible for a team that had fully embraced the teal.
Washington - The modernized look already looks dated. Go with the W as the primary and go from there.

Minor changes:
Buffalo - Ditch the alternates, for the love of God. Also if you'd ditch the piping and go back to the lighter shade of blue that'd be great, thaaaaaaanks.
Los Angeles - There needs to be some color in an alternate, preferably the old purple & gold throwbacks make a return. I'm certainly no fan of the pencil-point logo, but with 2 Cups under it there's no way in hell it gets pushed aside...unless AEG inexplicably decides to sell the team to Howard Baldwin.
Minnesota - Ditch the red.
NY Islanders - I hate those alternates, but they're inexplicably popular...but at least make the numbers normal-sized. It's weird seeing the stretched-out numbers in a normal-sized arena.
Pittsburgh - Promote the alternates to home and add a matching white for the road. I think this is inevitable in a couple years.
Tampa - Ditch that alternate, it's a total disaster.
Toronto - I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see the 11-point leaf kicked to the curb in favor of the 35-point leaf. The Leafs have won nothing with the 11-point leaf.
Vancouver - Ditch the VANCOUVER over the logo.
Winnipeg - Not a fan of the designs in general, but I wish they'd at least acknowledge the old Jets in an alternate.

Last edited:

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Kinda wish the Kings would with something more classic and vintage looking. Like the old crown logo with black/silver/white accents.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The Panthers were the first team that came to mind.

Carolina unis are bad too.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Winnipeg - Not a fan of the designs in general, but I wish they'd at least acknowledge the old Jets in an alternate.

They can't have an alternate until their fifth year or after five years, can't remember which.

I'm sure something will come eventually.

As for jerseys that need rebranding, obviously the played out Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, nyr, and Toronto jerseys.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
They can't have an alternate until their fifth year or after five years, can't remember which.

Never heard that one before, interesting. The Predators, Wild, & Jackets had alternates in their 4th seasons so I just assumed that was the standard. Nobody expected them to have an alt out of the gate, introducing three jerseys at once isn't the best move from a business standpoint. Part of the reason I'm so confident in the Penguins adopting the retro look in a couple years is that doing it at once means the white jerseys would be overlooked.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
The Tampa Bay uniforms(home, away, and alternate) are all garbage and need to be replaced entirely. Everything about them screams boring and uninspired, they all look like half-baked ripoffs of other teams uniforms.

Anaheim's uniforms are pretty gnarly. They need an entirely new color scheme, their current one can only lend itself to ugliness.

Arizona, it is okay to take a risk of any kind with your uniforms. Seriously, there is more than one colour out there. Shocking, I know. What happened to the peyote spirit journey inspired jerseys of the 90s? Those said '**** you we're Arizona' more than anything else.

Sharks need to quit being so lazy and ditch the all-black look. They look like practice uniforms FFS.

LionelHutz*

I want this for Christmas.:nod:

Gotta believe it'll happen in the near future, and it will be glorious, Maybe bring back that old black and yellow "PITTSBURGH" diagonal as the 3rd? That'll be a solid jersey set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad