Which teams need new uniforms?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Montreal, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Detroit, NYR.

You're being facetious, but Toronto needs to ditch their current uniforms and the Harold Ballard-era logo. Forever. It's a curse upon them. I get that the uniform hearkens back to the Wendel Clark/Doug Gilmour years and that those years were great, but it's not an all-time classic just because the Maple Leafs are an Original Six team. The jersey only dates back to 1992, even...

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%201992-97.gif

What they should do is go back to the 1966 sweater (their former alternate) or the 1967 sweater (their current alternate).

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%201963-67.gif

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%201967-70.gif

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
The Panthers should switch back to what they wore in 1996

scottmellanbybestsportsphotoscom.jpg

48586-126Fr.jpg

Aaron+Ekblad+Ottawa+Senators+v+Florida+Panthers+NdZt4gWCMF8l.jpg

Aaron+Ekblad+Florida+Panthers+v+Philadelphia+kkXYbrDNV5yl.jpg

The top ones are so much better.

HOLDITHERE*

Jerseys that suck:

Edmonton
New York (I)
Nashville
Buffalo
Minnesota (The green and gold are perfect. Get rid of the red.)
Calgary
Florida
Anaheim
Vancouver

Jerseys that don't suck:

Winnipeg
Toronto
Dallas
Boston
Washington
Philadelphia
St. Louis
Carolina
Colorado
Columbus
San Jose

Jerseys that are irrelevant to me:

Pittsburgh
Phoenix
Montreal
Tampa Bay
Detroit
Chicago
L.A.
New Jersey
Ottawa
New York (R)

(They're not awful, they're not outstanding, and most of them will never change for traditions sake)

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I like most of the jerseys in the NHL these days. Not a huge fan of the Sens, Ducks & Wild though

Also, I always thought the Rangers white would look better without the stripped shoulder yokes. Keep it all white & it's a great jersey IMO.

ZeroPT*

Buffalo could use some adjustments. Get rid of the pit stains first of all and remove the grey curved lines beside the logo. Maybe a slightly lighter shade of blue and voila.

Perfect.

AHB*

I like most of the jerseys in the NHL these days. Not a huge fan of the Sens, Ducks & Wild though

Also, I always thought the Rangers white would look better without the stripped shoulder yokes. Keep it all white & it's a great jersey IMO.

It would look like a straightjacket all white.

Rangers jerseys are never changing. There would be massive outcry.

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Montreal, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Detroit, NYR.

:laugh:

Pens need to make the 3rds the new old home unis, and make a white version for the road.

....Does that count?

I agree 100% - and I think they're moving in that direction. That recent Whirl magazine photo shoot with Crosby and Malkin on the cover features them in the thirds, and I think it's part of a move to establish the 3rds as the homes next season.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I would like a 3rd in Winnipeg. Thats about it.

But Florida is the first team that comes to mind for a real change. Away is OK, but home is awful.

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
I would like a 3rd in Winnipeg. Thats about it.

But Florida is the first team that comes to mind for a real change. Away is OK, but home is awful.

Yeah, those Florida homes are just hideous. That may be my #1 vote for "most in need of new jerseys".

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I'd like to see Phoenix go back to their old, original jerseys. Those were nice and very distinctively southwest.

Definitely Ottawa…go back to old design or adopt the heritage 'O' jersey full time.

Would like to see Winnipeg go back to their early/mid 90's jerseys, at least as a 3rd.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Kings and Penguins need to switch to their thirds. Would be awesome to see the Canucks go back to the Black and Yellow.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Change Anaheim's logo, change LA's everything, change San Jose's everything(except the teal), I feel like Arizona should rebrand. I like their jerseys and logo, but maybe something new and fresh. Colorado needs new jerseys. Colors and logo are fine, just new jersey. Change Minnesota's name, jerseys, logo, everything.(though I like their alternates.) Ottawa either needs to return to their original look or make their heritage look full time. Winnipeg needs a new everything too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Panthers need to go back to their original uniforms.
Pens need to adopt their new third jerseys as their new jerseys.
Buffalo should go back to their old blue/yellow jerseys of the 80's.
Canucks should pick an identity and roll with it, the blue and green is rather boring though.
Sens original jerseys were the best they had, they continuously ruin them throughout the years.
Jets need to go back to their old colors at least if they don't want to change their logo.
Anaheim should go back to their Mighty Ducks colors and jerseys.
Flames should go back to their old school set.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Our old logo is still more widely known by non-hockey fans, lol. The current jersey's are decent and better than our Cup era days imo.

My favorite overall was the Third Jersey from 2003 I think.
ANA_2003_alt.jpg

CCB2003.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->