Ducks: but with current color scheme
MightyDucks1.png

Coyotes
Coyotes08.png

Flames
Flames03.png

Avalanche
Avalanche06.png

Panthers: I do like their current set, but these are bad ass.
Panthers08.png

Senators
Senators02.png

Flyers: with current shade of orange
Flyers15.png

Penguins: with yellow instead of gold
Penguins30.png

Sharks
Sharks03.png

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
Anaheim - Is the current set an improvement over the last ones? Oh yeah. They're still the worst in the league, though.
Arizona - zzz. Add some horizontal striping or something, jeez.
Calgary - Go retro. The home and road are a mess.
Carolina - Needs a complete re-branding.
Colorado - Just...awful. The old design is possible, use it.
Florida - Never liked the look to begin with, but even with the return to red and the piping being removed it's still a bad template. Again, no hem striping whatsoever looks terrible.
Ottawa - Go back to the original logo and stop trying to look tough. Keep the alternates.
San Jose - Hem striping adds weight...but front numbers don't? Okay... The all-black look is terrible for a team that had fully embraced the teal.
Washington - The modernized look already looks dated. Go with the W as the primary and go from there.

Minor changes:
Buffalo - Ditch the alternates, for the love of God. Also if you'd ditch the piping and go back to the lighter shade of blue that'd be great, thaaaaaaanks.
Los Angeles - There needs to be some color in an alternate, preferably the old purple & gold throwbacks make a return. I'm certainly no fan of the pencil-point logo, but with 2 Cups under it there's no way in hell it gets pushed aside...unless AEG inexplicably decides to sell the team to Howard Baldwin.
Minnesota - Ditch the red.
NY Islanders - I hate those alternates, but they're inexplicably popular...but at least make the numbers normal-sized. It's weird seeing the stretched-out numbers in a normal-sized arena.
Pittsburgh - Promote the alternates to home and add a matching white for the road. I think this is inevitable in a couple years.
Tampa - Ditch that alternate, it's a total disaster.
Toronto - I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see the 11-point leaf kicked to the curb in favor of the 35-point leaf. The Leafs have won nothing with the 11-point leaf.
Vancouver - Ditch the VANCOUVER over the logo.
Winnipeg - Not a fan of the designs in general, but I wish they'd at least acknowledge the old Jets in an alternate.

I actually love the Isles alternatives. Get rid of the stupid puck with Islanders in the center cause that's bland.

The 'Yotes Jerseys are actually okay. Maybe at a crescent moon .
Crazy for the Sabres '08 (the ones the fans hated. I still don't understand that)
Hurricanes alternates are alright. main ones look too much like a toilet bowl. they need some work.
Jackets main are sooo much better than that stupid cannon. If your going to use that at least get rid of circle that says columbus blue jackets around it.
Really Miss the Oilers Metallic Gear
Kings should go back to their founding purple and gold. Or at least use the Crown instead of the freaking baseball diamond.
Miss the Rangers Lady Liberty
don't mind the Pens alternate that much. Reminds me of their cup winning years
I'd like to see the last Cup winning Leaf Jerseys.
Miss the Caps diving Eagle.
The Jets air force is fantastic. (at least it's an actual jet. as in fighter jet. that actually says something)

Anything with just plain words is ridiculous. You may well be sporting Nike and Adidas. am I the only one who gets that ???

a side note- when I first saw those 3rd Sabres I thought I was watching the predators

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

these are gorgeous. I shake my head in disbelief every time I see them wondering why Flames management hasn't changed back to them yet. Flames fans need to organize a petition or something. these are 100x better looking than what they have now.

would be nice if the Jets went back to these as well. their current uni's are crap.

Jets04.png

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Gotta believe it'll happen in the near future, and it will be glorious, Maybe bring back that old black and yellow "PITTSBURGH" diagonal as the 3rd? That'll be a solid jersey set.

God, I hope not. The "Pittsburgh" diagonal was one of their worst jersey designs ever. The designer of both that and the Robopenguin pajamas need to be consigned to a special level of hell.

I actually love the Isles alternatives. Get rid of the stupid puck with Islanders in the center cause that's bland.

The 'Yotes Jerseys are actually okay. Maybe at a crescent moon .
Crazy for the Sabres '08 (the ones the fans hated. I still don't understand that)
Hurricanes alternates are alright. main ones look too much like a toilet bowl. they need some work.
Jackets main are sooo much better than that stupid cannon. If your going to use that at least get rid of circle that says columbus blue jackets around it.
Really Miss the Oilers Metallic Gear
Kings should go back to their founding purple and gold. Or at least use the Crown instead of the freaking baseball diamond.
Miss the Rangers Lady Liberty
don't mind the Pens alternate that much. Reminds me of their cup winning years
I'd like to see the last Cup winning Leaf Jerseys.
Miss the Caps diving Eagle.
The Jets air force is fantastic. (at least it's an actual jet. as in fighter jet. that actually says something)

Anything with just plain words is ridiculous. You may well be sporting Nike and Adidas. am I the only one who gets that ???

a side note- when I first saw those 3rd Sabres I thought I was watching the predators

Blame the Coriolis effect for all things that swirl looking the same. It also happens to look a stylized version of a swirling hurricane.

o-HURRICANE-SATELLITE-facebook.jpg

It should be pointed out that just about every other team named Hurricanes has come up with some variation on ultimately the same thing.

Wellington_Hurricanes_logo.png

Wellington Hurricanes (rugby)

Hurricanesrljamaica.jpg

Jamaica Hurricanes (rugby)

Kiel_Baltic_Hurricanes.png

Kiel Baltic Hurricanes (football)

lossy-page1-387px-2013-2014-Lethbridge-Hurricanes-Primary-Logo-Red-H.tif.jpg

Lethbridge Hurricanes (hockey)

Saarland_Hurricanes.jpg

Saarland Hurricanes (football)

442px-Miami_Hurricanes_logo.svg.png

University of Miami Hurricanes (college athletics)

TulsaGoldenHurricane.png

University of Tulsa Golden Hurricanes (college athletics)

So of those, only Miami isn't using something that evokes the shape of a hurricane (I'll give the Jamaica Hurricanes leeway for using a tornado. Also Saarland's logo seems to be halfway between a hurricane and a football - the sweeping font for the "C" and "S" also bear resemblance to the bands of a hurricane) or storm flags. That's seven marketing departments that have circled back onto some variation of the same theme.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I get all that, but it's still a pretty meh logo. Hurricanes is just one of those names that doesn't lend itself to a good logo...as proven by the list of Hurricanes logos you posted :P

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
these are gorgeous. I shake my head in disbelief every time I see them wondering why Flames management hasn't changed back to them yet. Flames fans need to organize a petition or something. these are 100x better looking than what they have now.

would be nice if the Jets went back to these as well. their current uni's are crap.

Jets04.png

hell no. anything but this. the new ones are awesome

Kings need to go back to these as well.

Kings03.png

oh i so love that kings jersey.

bhawks1399*

Winnipeg needs to bring their old ones back
Hawks need to wear their jersey where they just switch the back and red with eachother. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.
Panthers jerseys are kinda bad, I like their logo but the color scheme is bad.
Penguins need to go back to their black and YELLOW not their new black and gold
Edit: can't find the hawks black one, its similar to the stadium series one last year, just looks better imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Ottawa needs to give up on the cartoons and move on to the classier looking O jerseys permanently, I think.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Pens need to make the 3rds the new old home unis, and make a white version for the road.

....Does that count?

I thought the same, and I think they will do this eventually. Fans are clamoring for it and they're pretty good at listening to the fans. I wouldn't mind the aways being the diagonal Pittsburgh jerseys either.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
Id love to see the Caps go with a new look, either one of the winter classic jerseys would be good for me

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I get all that, but it's still a pretty meh logo. Hurricanes is just one of those names that doesn't lend itself to a good logo...as proven by the list of Hurricanes logos you posted :P

My poor Wellington Hurricanes. They play Rugby in bright yellow too. :laugh:

As for Hockey Jerseys. I'd say Tampa Bay needs a new one. It looks plain and cheap rather than clean and simple.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Flames. I love the colours but the piping and flags need to go. Or better yet, go retro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad