Speculation: Which team would you rather face in the 1st round?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I would rather go into a playoff series the underdog. I see it as we are underdogs versus SJ but Calgary are underdogs versus us. Elliot will be super amped to get redemption after we lit him up like a xmas tree

Id rather Calgary go to war with Anaheim (Anahiem takes several liberties for revenge Fowler hit). Wed then play a wounded Calgary or Duck team. Plus itd be awesome to watch Johnny stapled to the bench again because this get too rough

I Have a good feeling about San Jose. I think theyll focus so much on McDavid that Lucic and Eberle will run a bit free on them. Plus I think they are mentally fragile being this mega team who cant get it done (plus hit a rough stretch recently). Win 2 at home to start the series and it could be over quick

Calgary I fear is a group of ticked off pests who wont go away

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I would rather go into a playoff series the underdog. I see it as we are underdogs versus SJ but Calgary are underdogs versus us. Elliot will be super amped to get redemption after we lit him up like a xmas tree

Id rather Calgary go to war with Anaheim (Anahiem takes several liberties for revenge Fowler hit). Wed then play a wounded Calgary or Duck team. Plus itd be awesome to watch Johnny stapled to the bench again because this get too rough

I Have a good feeling about San Jose. I think theyll focus so much on McDavid that Lucic and Eberle will run a bit free on them. Plus I think they are mentally fragile being this mega team who cant get it done (plus hit a rough stretch recently). Win 2 at home to start the series and it could be over quick

I also think Tkachuk is going to do something stupid which will get himself suspended but also injure an important opposition player long-term. I'd rather he do that against the Ducks.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
I also think Tkachuk is going to do something stupid which will get himself suspended but also injure an important opposition player long-term. I'd rather he do that against the Ducks.

While I agree I would prefer to play San Jose, it would be just so sweet to win a division title after the last 11 years.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Hahaha actually I thought about this too but forgot to post it. Totally agree tho. Id rather him slewfoot and injure Getzlaf and get a big suspension versus doing it versus McDavid. You know hes going to do it too. Guy has a 10 cent brain and once he heres the Saddledome crowd hes going to be like a mad dog trying to slewfoot people

Id rather him not do it at all, but since its a given he will be a rat, id rather it be versus an opposition. Dark thought: but a Tkachuk slewfoot is a win/win. Not matter who wins in that series, wed face a team down a good player (Duck due to injury, Tkachuk due to suspension)

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Do you guys think they will follow McDavid on to the ice the same way they followed Pronger back in 06? That would seriously send chills up my spine

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
I don't care who we get first, way I see it if we are to progress deeper into the playoffs we have to beat whoever is in front of us

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site

My feelings as well. I would like CGY/ANA to beat the living crap out of each other with CGY prevailing and then having to play us on home ice. SJS is really banged up and just looks out of gas.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I cannot stomach the idea of losing to the Flames in the playoffs. Not in the first round.

The Sharks I have an incredible feeling about.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Let the Ducks play the Ratpack. I am sure they will be looking for retribution after the Gio hit. It will be tough for whoever comes out of that series to be healthy and to refocus for the 2nd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad