Speculation: Which team will finish 2018-2019 DEAD Last?

Which team will finish 2018-2019 DEAD Last?

• Arizona Coyotes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicago Blackhawks

• Colorado Avalanche

• Detroit Redwings

• Other Team Not Listed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This team is absolutely the worse roster in the nhl. We would be last place right now if the team didn’t go 5-0 to start the season. There are no pieces on this team that anyone would even want at the deadline. The sens have the worse Record but they still have players that teams want and if they didn’t sell last summer would be better.

I think the hot start and the sens trade deadline will cement us into 2nd worse. Hopefully the lotto helps us

Nah. This is hyperbolic. Especially if we ever get mildly healthy.

The ducks are next levels of bad right now, and Ottawa is a shit show.

The one thing that could see us end up last is the team seems to have already checked out for the season. Very little compete over the past week.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
By now, worse we finish the better

Sucks, but I've felt that way for a while now this season

Some home wins to throw fans a bone, but on the road may as well keep phoning it in

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
By now, worse we finish the better

Sucks, but I've felt that way for a while now this season

Some home wins to throw fans a bone, but on the road may as well keep phoning it in

We couldn’t win on the road when we didn’t phone it in. This staff doesn’t know how to coach road games.

Reactions: glenwo2

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This team needs to reach official rock bottom. Last place will do that

This doesn’t make sense. We aren’t going to be making any massive changes in the offseason that wouldn’t have happened otherwise outside of the high pick.

So bottoming out right now doesn’t really help. Especially since we could still be punted back as far as 4th overall.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The “good” news for those who want to bottom out. With Hall and Vats in the press box and Blackwood safely in Bing, we will continue to struggle to win games.

Better hope the lotto doesn’t f*** us.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
This doesn’t make sense. We aren’t going to be making any massive changes in the offseason that wouldn’t have happened otherwise outside of the high pick.

So bottoming out right now doesn’t really help. Especially since we could still be punted back as far as 4th overall.

doesnt help but doesnt hurt....

lets be honest...... with a healthy hall we are fighting for a playoff spot right now.

that really says it all.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm pretty shocked roughly 1/3 of people think the Devils will finish last; I just dont see that happening.

I'm not shocked nearly 70% of people picked the Senators to finish last. But not because it's clear that they should. I used to work in a field heavily reliant on predicting the future, and one thing I learned is that humans usually "predict" exactly what they currently see right in front of their face, and since the Senators are currently last, you get a lot of people picking that.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
im shocked that you are shocked, the writing is on the wall. we will finish last

and its really sad. we wont even get the first pick

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
im shocked that you are shocked, the writing is on the wall. we will finish last

and its really sad
28 more games of Gabriel, Gryba, Rooney and other such guys, with little to no Hall and (or) Vatanen, not being able to generate more than 4 scoring chances a game, Kowalsky's sad excuse of a power play and at least one nasty goal ending up in the back of the net more games than not, it seems like it's very possible. Especially when Johansson (who has been good lately) goes.

A game like today really enforces that possibility, but we've usually looked semi-competent, unlike we did in this last game.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
28 more games of Gabriel, Gryba, Rooney and other such guys, with little to no Hall and (or) Vatanen, not being able to generate more than 4 scoring chances a game, Kowalsky's sad excuse of a power play and at least one nasty goal ending up in the back of the net more games than not, it seems like it's very possible. Especially when Johansson (who has been good lately) goes.

A game like today really enforces that possibility, but we've usually looked semi-competent, unlike we did in this last game.

there is no question that we are on the upswing..... i know that seems crazy right now but its the truth. we are 2 guys away from competing. atleast zacha has looked better. u are spot on.... they look semi competent at times...
butch has been awful, we traded boyle, we dont have vats or hall........ i can see this going from bad to worse. there is no way we are getting another # 1 pick.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm pretty shocked roughly 1/3 of people think the Devils will finish last; I just dont see that happening.

I'm not shocked nearly 70% of people picked the Senators to finish last. But not because it's clear that they should. I used to work in a field heavily reliant on predicting the future, and one thing I learned is that humans usually "predict" exactly what they currently see right in front of their face, and since the Senators are currently last, you get a lot of people picking that.

Most people are a combonation of hyper negative and ignorant of what other teams are actually up to, especially mediocre and bad teams.

You would think the league was made up of 30 Tampa Bays and us with how some post.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
is our record with hall that much better than our record without him?

The longer this goes the more it will be.

As of now it really hasn't actually been the difference though; they're 11-16-6 with Hall, 9-10-2 without - mostly cause of that initial winning streak when he first exited the lineup.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No they're not. It was clear in the summer that this is not a playoff team and that is not a knock on Shero because there was nothing in free agency outside of Tavares.

It wasn’t clear at all. It was the same roster that made the playoffs the previous season. Would have been top 3 in the Metro if Cory didn’t implode.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Colorado making a dark horse case for this poll.

They are doing an epic amount of losing.

Sticking with Ottawa though. Only team yet to crack 50 points. They have been consistently bad all season.

Pretty much every other team, including us, seem capable of a fluke streak to keep them from the basement.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Most people are a combonation of hyper negative and ignorant of what other teams are actually up to, especially mediocre and bad teams.

You would think the league was made up of 30 Tampa Bays and us with how some post.

Colorado making a dark horse case for this poll.

They are doing an epic amount of losing.

Sticking with Ottawa though. Only team yet to crack 50 points. They have been consistently bad all season.

Pretty much every other team, including us, seem capable of a fluke streak to keep them from the basement.

What makes you think we’re capable of a fluke streak?

You know how many times the devils have had winning streaks this year? 4 times. Back to back wins twice, a stretch of 3 games when Blackwood was here and 4 games to start the season. That’s it. They are as awful as everyone on here claims them to be and potentially worse.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What makes you think we’re capable of a fluke streak?

You know how many times the devils have had winning streaks this year? 4 times. Back to back wins twice, a stretch of 3 games when Blackwood was here and 4 games to start the season. That’s it. They are as awful as everyone on here claims them to be and potentially worse.

Nah. That is just thinking with blinders on. Especially when you got teams out west losing at absurd rates, and Ottawa firmly planted in the basement.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Nah. That is just thinking with blinders on. Especially when you got teams out west losing at absurd rates, and Ottawa firmly planted in the basement.

First, blinders don’t interfere with thought, only vision. I’m watching this team and the eye test shows they are one of the worst teams in the league.

Half our team is filled with AHL talent.

Absurd rates? We have won 17 of our last 52 games for 33% win percentage. We lose 2 of every 3 games.. Who has the blinders on? We are statistically a top 3 worst team. The west also has more bad teams which will give them favorable schedules.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The west also has more bad teams which will give them favorable schedules.

This is both an excellent and a pathetic point that I hadn't considered.

The, "somebody has to win points" might matter if it's still close towards the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad