Which team matchup would cause the most chaos on HFBoards?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Ultimate **** storm:

It’s game 7 in Toronto. Stanley cup finals. 19 minutes deep into double OT in a 0-0 game. Matthews has the puck on a 3-1. He gets pulled down from behind by Draisaitl in a quite obvious penalty. The refs don’t call it, McDavid grabs the puck, wheels up the ice and buries it in on a breakaway. McDavid raises the cup for Edmonton, in Toronto.

I don’t think there is a scenario that would cause more of an uproar on this site.
I don't mind this scenario!
giphy.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I dunno why everyone keeps saying Toronto-Edmonton. That would guarantee Canada the Cup, and as we all know, that just isn't possible anymore.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Canes-Leafs ECF where Tavares and Matthews are stonewalled by Darling all series, the Canes are wearing the Whalers uniforms blasting Brass Bonanza every 5 minutes and after every game they up the ante on postgame celebrations as the Canes move on to the Cup Finals.

LOL!

Followed by a SCF with the Canes and Preds. "AAAARGGHH Redneck apocalypse non traditional market they don't deserve hockey stop screaming shoot during powerplays!"

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I know you just wanted the Conference Finalists, but some good inter-conference match ups to be had.

WCSF

Oilers vs Calgary (battle of AB)
Nashville vs Winnipeg (rematch from last year)

WCF

Oilers vs Winnipeg (both "intense" fanbases)

ECSF
Bruins vs Canadiens (best rivalry in hockey)
Leafs vs Buffalo (pretty good tension)

ECF
Leafs vs Canadiens (100% this would be nuts)

Any matchup in the SCF between these teams would be pretty brutal on HF I think.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Toronto - Vegas SCF.

TOR wins 3 first games, then loses 3 straight. The last one is a home game and it goes to OT. Vegas scores, play looks like offside, but Maple Leafs have no challenges left. End of story.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Canes-Leafs ECF where Tavares and Matthews are stonewalled by Darling all series, the Canes are wearing the Whalers uniforms blasting Brass Bonanza every 5 minutes and after every game they up the ante on postgame celebrations as the Canes move on to the Cup Finals.

Team full of Ned Bradens

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sabres-Leafs. If the Sabres win the series so many people will post the video of Jeanerett's call of the winning goal the site will crash.

Reactions: Quicklime

member 298589

Sabres-Leafs. If the Sabres win the series so many people will post the video of Jeanerett's call of the winning goal the site will crash.
Leafs win in Game 7 after Eichel has a double high-ankle sprain in the dying minutes. Babcock says post-game "I made the right choice" and drops the Mic. The scene pans over to Dahlin in the Sabres dressing room. His shirt is off and there is a TML tattoo over his heart. He is crying but they are tears of joy. Winning goal scored by Tyler Ennis.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Ultimate **** storm:

It’s game 7 in Toronto. Stanley cup finals. 19 minutes deep into double OT in a 0-0 game. Matthews has the puck on a 3-1. He gets pulled down from behind by Draisaitl in a quite obvious penalty. The refs don’t call it, McDavid grabs the puck, wheels up the ice and buries it in on a breakaway. McDavid raises the cup for Edmonton, in Toronto.

I don’t think there is a scenario that would cause more of an uproar on this site.

Mats Sundin, Darryl Sittler and Wendel Clarke as the Oilers assistant coaches?

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I understand that “McDavid-Matthews I” would be huge, but wouldn’t “Maple Leafs-Bruins III” be just as big?

If I were a Leafs fan, I’d want a huge piece of the Bruins.

Jus’ sayin...

PS: Congratulations Boston Red Sox.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
I think Toronto playing anyone in the Stanley Cup final would send the boards into chaos. They have an unreal amount of fans, world wide I’m sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad