Which team do you feel the most animosity towards?

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
tumblr_lsdikhIHzO1qc519vo1_400.jpg

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Red Wings, AINEC. Some things never change. In fact, I became an Avs fan because of the Red Wings.

Short story, NHL 93. A childhood friend and my brother and I loved NHL 93, growing up in Chicago we used the Blackhawks and played Detroit quite often. Steve Chiasson was the biggest @$#%^& in that game and every time we played them we got a 5 minute major cause of that guy.

Flash forward to summer before highschool...a team I had never seen before (wasn't big into hockey at the time) was kicking the piss out of the Red Wings in the WCF. Who is this team? Kinda cool uniforms, good name AND curbstomping the Redwings? Was sold immediately.

Vagrantfan

Aug 4, 2014
Detroit
Voted Leafs because of the fan base. Would also vote Habs and Oilers because of the fan bases.

As far as Avs related, not really any teams that I hate yet in relation to the Avs. But I would say Minnesota and St Louis are getting very close to the hated level. At this moment I still like a lot of players on those teams though(Parise, Stastny, Suter, Tarasenko, Apie, Harding to name a few) and haven't developed enough of a hate for those teams yet.

I'm also still a fan of Matt Cooke's believe it or not. I'm still a believer that he's turned his game around. I don't think what he did to Karlsson was intentional at all, and I don't think what he did to Barrie was what he intended either. So I'm still one of the few who don't mind him.

I gotta ask, and I don't want to seem rude in any way but, what about his hit on Mackinnon? It was the same game as the Barrie hit if memory serves right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeVYwoS_8Ig
That's the best that's left. Most seem to have been taken down.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious. I actually thought the guy turned it around a bit but, it was like everything came back out again in one short burst from my point of view. I guess I don't have a problem with goons in general but, he just seems to have a history of trying to injure people in a serious way. Most others just wanted to fight for the team. He seems to take cheap shots so I'm naturally inquisitive to people defending him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm disposed towards hating the Wild because of years of hating the Goofs.

I may also have something to do with the Canucks being hated in Alabama.:sarcasm:

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I'm also still a fan of Matt Cooke's believe it or not. I'm still a believer that he's turned his game around. I don't think what he did to Karlsson was intentional at all, and I don't think what he did to Barrie was what he intended either. So I'm still one of the few who don't mind him.

Yeah, and look what he did right after his suspension was over

He never reformed. That ******* needs to be kicked out of the league.

On topic, for me it's the Wild. Cooke, long time division rivals, and 2003/2014 really stung. HM to the Oilers, can't stand their fanbase and don't really like any of their players. Except Scrivens, he's cool.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Detroit. Always has been, always will be. Or at least for as long as I have to look at Franzen's pug-fuglyness and for as long as their fanbase thinks their **** doesn't smell.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Backes jumping MacKinnon was a major piss off for sure, but one event isn't enough to make me hate an entire Franchise unless it leads to a bench brawl (Detroit-Colorado) or a major injury (Steve Moore). I also don't take into account how fans on a message board act to determine how much I hate the team. If I did Edmonton would be #1

Blues fan here, in peace, with a serious question. Please don't take my post as a bait...I'm sincerely curious.

I've been puzzled at why some in the Colorado fanbase are still so fired up about that altercation between Backes and MacKinnon. Was there some detail about it that wasn't widely publicized?

What I know is MacKinnon took a run at Backes (got a roughing penalty) and Backes decided to take exception by jumping him. Seemed retaliatory, but excessive. I can understand not being happy about it. But I don't understand still dwelling on it months later. Surely these kinds of things happen several times a year: an unjust call, a bad hit that doesn't get called, etc. This seems in that level of severity to me.

Was MacKinnon injured? Was there more to the exchange that wouldnt' have made it on the St Louis feed? Can someone explain it to me. I ask this because I get the impression more Colorado fans are still upset about that exchange than there are Blues fans upset about the Mike Rupp hit on Oshie (4 game suspension and concussion) or even the Seabrook hit on Backes.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The MacKinnon-Backes incident has been mentioned 3 times in this thread, and none of it more than just saying "it was a piss off." I don't see anyone dwelling on it. Even the guy you quoted was saying that wasn't enough to not like the Blues.

There is more discussion in your St. Louis thread talking about Avs fans "whining" about this incident than there is discussion about Backes-Mackinnon in this thread.

For the record I'm fine with what Backes did. Only way it would have pissed me off would be if he had hurt MacKinnon. As a huge Forsberg fan though, I love watching MacKinnon mix it up. Forsberg scrums were the best, and it looks like there will be plenty of those with MacKinnon.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah, by comparison sake we are MUCH more upset about what Cooke did to Barrie and ending our playoffs.

MacKinnon is a big boy and as said likes to play physical at times, he can dish it and he can take it. We are just cognizant of players who take things a bit far on him and seem to take advantage of his age. Returning some rough stuff back is nothing, getting jumped is another. As far as individual scraps, I'm still much more annoyed at Lovejoy trying to take MacKinnon out with a knee the first game of the season. How very different our season and possibly his career would have turned out had he succeeded. Maybe not everyone thinks it was intentional but the result would have been the same. I think anyone who has an 18 year old franchise player they would be a little sensitive to what happens with them.

Vagrantfan

Aug 4, 2014
Detroit
I definitely wouldn't say the Backes thing was enough to make me hate a team. It was more sad than anything. All I really saw when watching it was a respected veteran losing his cool and jumping a kid half his age. Mackinnon handled himself and is more than capable of handling himself, so it wasn't like he was defenseless or anything though.

It was just kind of sad. Seemed out of character to me.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Blues fan here, in peace, with a serious question. Please don't take my post as a bait...I'm sincerely curious.

I've been puzzled at why some in the Colorado fanbase are still so fired up about that altercation between Backes and MacKinnon. Was there some detail about it that wasn't widely publicized?

What I know is MacKinnon took a run at Backes (got a roughing penalty) and Backes decided to take exception by jumping him. Seemed retaliatory, but excessive. I can understand not being happy about it. But I don't understand still dwelling on it months later. Surely these kinds of things happen several times a year: an unjust call, a bad hit that doesn't get called, etc. This seems in that level of severity to me.

Was MacKinnon injured? Was there more to the exchange that wouldnt' have made it on the St Louis feed? Can someone explain it to me. I ask this because I get the impression more Colorado fans are still upset about that exchange than there are Blues fans upset about the Mike Rupp hit on Oshie (4 game suspension and concussion) or even the Seabrook hit on Backes.

mackinnon never ran backes. backes tried to run mackinnon but he stood him up which upset backes so much he jumped mackinnon. mackinnon was hurt a little but returned after a couple minutes. plus Hitchcock just makes me :rant:.

loved the seabrook hit on backes and keith saying wakey wakey backes.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

There are a couple of other things:
-On HF for some reason there was a lot of animosity over the EJ trade.

-There's a long standing hatred towards Jabba the Hitch here from his days with Dallas.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
The MacKinnon-Backes incident has been mentioned 3 times in this thread, and none of it more than just saying "it was a piss off." I don't see anyone dwelling on it. Even the guy you quoted was saying that wasn't enough to not like the Blues.

There is more discussion in your St. Louis thread talking about Avs fans "whining" about this incident than there is discussion about Backes-Mackinnon in this thread.

For the record I'm fine with what Backes did. Only way it would have pissed me off would be if he had hurt MacKinnon. As a huge Forsberg fan though, I love watching MacKinnon mix it up. Forsberg scrums were the best, and it looks like there will be plenty of those with MacKinnon.
Just made the mistake of reading that thread, holy crap, I understand the hypocrisy, but do they do anything but whine about other fan bases?

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Hitchcock bothers me way more than any player in the blues. He's a gigantic hypocrite. Talks crap about Roy but sends his goons out plenty. Not to mention Dallas days

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00