Which team do you feel the most animosity towards?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Right now? These 3 I really hate.
St.Louis (Hello Stastny, not only because of Stastny. They are just disgusting.)
Minnesota (Cooke............. **** YOU! I'm expecting payback next playoffs.)
Toronto (Delusional.)
Montreal (Clueless.)

Detroit (Well I don't really hate them anymore, because they are not very good.) :)
Vancouver (Well I don't really hate them anymore, because they are not very good.) :)

that's 4.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
For the record, **** the Wings.

Toss up between Vancouver and St Louis now though really.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
ATM the team to beat + Stastny. Too bad they traded Stewart away, he would have made this rivalry even better.

By that logic, Calgary should be our rivals, what with Jones and all.

Stewart made a joke of himself. Drop it.

As for Stastny? Relax. Love the guy. Love him. But for what the Blues are asking he does? Pfft. They got Backes. Now they got Stasnty. Not bad at all, but one is the same as the other.

By the time Avs contend I'm much more concerned with Minny or Dallas.

Animosity here and now? Dead rivalry or no - Detroit. Screw those guys. Hopefully the future replaces that with new teams, but for now it is what it was. And in those times I still remember badly the Blues and Stars, but they gotta rebuild that hate.

Detroit's gotta do nothin' but let it cool.

Gonna be in there with my hot dogs for a bit.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Well, I said Mini cause Im still BH, but yeh I see the reasoning with the Blues...
I hope we smoke blues as they where our team to get spanked by before the trade of Stewie, I love it when rival teams self implode due to trades etc...
So, who will be the new team that has our number? Somebody odd like Coyotes? Or maybe Chico? Im hoping against the 15 other cup playoff teams we play %60 or better hockey. I E we win at a 60%pace.
Hum, funny a few years ago it would have been some silly number against Detroit, now they are in East, like they dont even exist, like hte East is another league! lol

OK.... Blues and Mini, both followed by Kings.... then the Hawks....
on a little note teams I like who are not the Avs... in hockey, the Rangers and the Bruins for old time living in the East days.

Last edited:

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
oilers fans are causing me to hate their team.

taylor halls 2 times better than matt duchene, mackinnons gonna suck donkey balls because he had a good rookie season like rnh. landys just a grinder. rors overrated. their forwards are generally better than ours.

ugh

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
By that logic, Calgary should be our rivals, what with Jones and all.

Stewart made a joke of himself. Drop it.

As for Stastny? Relax. Love the guy. Love him. But for what the Blues are asking he does? Pfft. They got Backes. Now they got Stasnty. Not bad at all, but one is the same as the other.

By the time Avs contend I'm much more concerned with Minny or Dallas.

Animosity here and now? Dead rivalry or no - Detroit. Screw those guys. Hopefully the future replaces that with new teams, but for now it is what it was. And in those times I still remember badly the Blues and Stars, but they gotta rebuild that hate.

Detroit's gotta do nothin' but let it cool.

Gonna be in there with my hot dogs for a bit.

Nah, Detroit rivalry is dead...they moved to East, we will barely play against them in the coming years... god knows i wish nothing more than Avs-Wings SC finals, but otherwise the only reason for Detroit to be the most hated is the sheer nostalgia...

Compared to them, Blues are here are now...and there are all the right reasons to dislike them. First of all, they are like antithesis of Avs, built from back up, whereas we are clearly offense-heavy team in comparison...and surely if you are a fan of speedy offensive hockey, you wont be a fan of team whose biggest star is Pietrangelo.... then they are somewhat overrated, designated contenders last few years by majority of people, despite winning sweet **** all....if not for them, we would probably still have Stastny, who i would rather have over 37 years old Iginla... finally, maybe its just my (wrong) impression, but it seems to me that their fans over HF dont really like/rate Avs very much either....perhaps they are starting to feel the heat of growing rivalry as well:D

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
No team really. I still enjoy Detroit and Vancouver struggling, but I wouldn't call it animosity.

FoppaForsberg*

I dont understand the hate for the Blues, maybe one day, but I hardly even dislike them. Vancouver for sure, Minnesota a bit but thats more so directed at Matt Cooke.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I dont understand the hate for the Blues, maybe one day, but I hardly even dislike them. Vancouver for sure, Minnesota a bit but thats more so directed at Matt Cooke.

i don't mind the blues at all. i like many of their players. would love to have backes as on duchener's RW.

don't like lappy and ott... that's about it. even stewart is gone.

i wasn't around EJ trade though, and avoid the mains a lot so maybe i've missed lot of the crap their fans have said. many of their fans seemed pretty cocky on getting stastny but... well.

i saw many of them saying last year shatty > EJ but that is pretty much expected.

might change my opinion though in near future. will be nice rivalry, i hope.

FoppaForsberg*

Backes jumping MacKinnon was a major piss off for sure, but one event isn't enough to make me hate an entire Franchise unless it leads to a bench brawl (Detroit-Colorado) or a major injury (Steve Moore). I also don't take into account how fans on a message board act to determine how much I hate the team. If I did Edmonton would be #1

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Now I don't particularly really hate a team, even St Louis but the question was about animosity and I'd wish them the most misfortune, Minnesota second. I really don't wish any western conference team well. But it's building with St Louis. I still don't call it a rivalry though because I don't think they particularly care about us in return.

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Going into next season,

Fan wise: Edmonton Oilers Fans (IMO have been more smug in the last couple of years than any average Canuck fans)

Avs wise: St. Louis Blues, REALLY looking forward to next years games against them. Dallas Star and Anaheim Ducks are the other two below the Blues. I want to see what will happen with the Wild as well.

This was exactly what I was going to post. I'd also add Blues' fans to the first section (you'd think they were locks to win the Cup toward the end of last year).

I don't harbor much ill will toward the Stars, and only some against the Ducks. I think Nashville might become a bit of a rival.

Then there's the Wild. I've considered them a dirty team for a while now, but having Cooke there puts them on another level. Ended up voting Wild because of how angry typing that last sentence made me.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It looks like the Dallas stars are going to be the darling of the statwhackers, so I will be rooting against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad