Which team do you feel the most animosity towards?

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Fans: Oilers AINEC. After reading some of their GDT's when we played them, I have absolutely no respect for them at all and I hope their team continues to suck ass.

Team: I will always hate the Red Wings no matter what. Not a fan of the Wild anymore after this past playoff series.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I will never not hate the Red Wings.

This. I hate the team, and always will. When my 3 year old came home from daycare after learning the word "hate", I told him that it's not OK to hate things, except the Red Wings.

I also strongly dislike the Canucks. Any team whose fans defend what Bertuzzi did as being justified because Steve Moore hit Naslund deserves a fate worse than the Chicago Cubs. I hope Vancouver never wins a Cup, for as long as there is naturally occurring ice in Antarctica.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Even in the late 90s early 00's when the Red Wing rivalry was at its fiercest, while I hated them...I always had respect for them. That animosity has subsided over time.

I don't think I actually have animosity towards any team right now. Certainly there are players out there I can't stand but not entire teams. That being said, I'm sure one will surface now that the AVs are primed to be regulars in the playoffs again (looking in the Division for this and can't help but think it'll be one or more of Chicago, St. Louis or Minnesota.)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Fans: Oilers AINEC. After reading some of their GDT's when we played them, I have absolutely no respect for them at all and I hope their team continues to suck ass.

Team: I will always hate the Red Wings no matter what. Not a fan of the Wild anymore after this past playoff series.

True. I think I forgot Oilers, because they sucked so hard this season and It was just fun to read their miserable threads. In other words, I hope they suck again. :)

Stig

Apr 15, 2014
Minnesota
1. Any team with that POS Bertuzzi
2. Deadwings
3. Wild (mostly cause I have to watch their feed when I watch them play the Avs, and its just super nauseating to listen to their announcers)
4. Canucks

Vagrantfan

Aug 4, 2014
Detroit
Man, a year or so ago I'd have said the Wings. The new divisions have taken that away though. Even when we play, their announcers that used to be terrible to listen to are suddenly really nice and fair, going as far as to compliment our players.

The Canucks rub me wrong in most ways. We seemed to be developing some heat there before the divisional shake up. I don't think I'll ever like that team.

The Wild are up there right now. The playoffs helped with that.

The Blues for similar reasons but to a lesser extent. I'm sure I'll get over liking them a bit quite quickly with how things are going between the teams. Jumping Mackinnon and taking Stastny are pretty big knocks.

EDIT - Can I list just Corey Perry?

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
BuObRBzIUAAOi_-.png:large

Red Wings in Colorado, no surprise.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
St. Louis!!!
I could care less about Detroit these days. Those old men wouldn't have the passion or intensity to keep that rivalry going even if we were in the same division.

Vagrantfan

Aug 4, 2014
Detroit
That's always acceptable. Btw, welcome! Glad to have another voice around here.

Hey, appreciate the welcome!

As for Wyoming, maybe they got confused and thought it was a political thing? Otherwise, my guess would be that it had to do with a specific player or something. Maybe a local but, that's seems pretty unlikely and I'm not really sure how you could betray Wyoming in hockey.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Voted Leafs because of the fan base. Would also vote Habs and Oilers because of the fan bases.

As far as Avs related, not really any teams that I hate yet in relation to the Avs. But I would say Minnesota and St Louis are getting very close to the hated level. At this moment I still like a lot of players on those teams though(Parise, Stastny, Suter, Tarasenko, Apie, Harding to name a few) and haven't developed enough of a hate for those teams yet.

I'm also still a fan of Matt Cooke's believe it or not. I'm still a believer that he's turned his game around. I don't think what he did to Karlsson was intentional at all, and I don't think what he did to Barrie was what he intended either. So I'm still one of the few who don't mind him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad