Speculation: Which RFA is most likely to be traded?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Miller to me is ... painfully terrible in his own zone

worse than Hayes? not to these eyes
one time i knew the season was doomed was that weekend of day games,
Detroit, Pitt i believe -
when Hayes just coasted and ole'd and watched 4 straight key goals, 2 late saturday, 2 early sunday

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Hopefully none, Kreider if it's anyone. Which sucks because I just know that we'll move him and he'll put it all together and become a perennial 30-35 goal guy somewhere.

Kreider won't touch 30 goals until he learns how to play in zone hockey...
Everything he scores is off the rush or a breakaway. Also he needs to learn how to screen a goalie... If he learns to screen properly I bet that adds 3-5 goals a year

mti79

May 11, 2007
So apparently I'm the only one who voted for Miller.... and that's not who I WANT to trade. I answered the question and took more than hockey skills into the equation. I feel like Miller wants big money. He took a 1 year deal last year so he could cash in this year. Something inside me just tells me he is going to be difficult to negotiate with.

I'd also probably be most willing to deal Miller because I think he's the most replaceable. He wasn't used at center this year and I'm willing to wait to see if Hayes is able to rebound. He's a big kid who did well his first year, regressed last year and can come back this year even better. Hayes has another year under his belt and has adjusted to the NHL. I want to see what he can do. I also think that he'll be the cheapest of the 3.

Kreider brings something to this team that is not replaceable. His size/speed combination is undeniable. He's already proven to be a solid 2nd liner that steps it up in the playoffs. He just needs to take that final step to become a good 1st liner or elite 2nd liner.

I'd prefer to hold onto all 3 though.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I don't think any get moved honestly. Kreiders probably the most likely which I think would be a huge mistake, all the guys gotta do is learn how to shoot on the breakaway and he'll be around 30

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
wow.. a guy with size, speed, a very very hard, albiet inaccurate shot, and physicality has the lowest ceiling?

Kreiders hands are so terrible they're almost Tanner Glass level. Doesnt help with all that speed and brute strength when you're average at best at puckhandling.

If Kreider comes in straight on the goalkeeper he will put it in his chest 10 out of 10 times. Litteraly the only time he can score on the breakaway is coming in at an angle and drag the puck around the keeper and put it in the far side.

I used to be pretty high on Kreider, but he's not progressed at all, has the highest trade value out of the RFA's, is 25, (not really old but 1 year away from being a old veteran according to a poster) and is mindnumbingly inconsistent.

Out of the 3 I'd trade Kreider to maximize the return

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Kreiders hands are so terrible they're almost Tanner Glass level. Doesnt help with all that speed and brute strength when you're average at best at puckhandling.

If Kreider comes in straight on the goalkeeper he will put it in his chest 10 out of 10 times. Litteraly the only time he can score on the breakaway is coming in at an angle and drag the puck around the keeper and put it in the far side.

I used to be pretty high on Kreider, but he's not progressed at all, has the highest trade value out of the RFA's, is 25, (not really old but 1 year away from being a old veteran according to a poster) and is mindnumbingly inconsistent.

Out of the 3 I'd trade Kreider to maximize the return

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
id argue the single thing kreider needs the most work on IS his breakaways...he doesnt finish on enough of them.

Kreider gets most of his goals from right on front of the net. his hands are average...maybe above maybe below..but right in the average zone. to compare him to Tanner Glass is so beyond laughable i cant even comment on it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Kreiders problem is that when he starts getting targeted by Refs, he starts playing more passive.

rangers PK sucks, so they cant afford to take penalties. frankly, kreider needs to play on the edge more. he needs to take MORE penalities, and the rangers need to kill them off. i think hed be a far more effective player like that.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
wow.. a guy with size, speed, a very very hard, albiet inaccurate shot, and physicality has the lowest ceiling?

Hard to believe anyone thinks Kreider will or should go. We need more Kreiders on this team not trade the one we have. Kreids is not going anywhere

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hard to believe anyone thinks Kreider will or should go. We need more Kreiders on this team not trade the one we have. Kreids is not going anywhere

dont get me wrong, id trade kreider in the right deal. id trade ANYONE in the right deal...but to compare him in any way shape or form to Tanner Glass just completely makes anything you post before or after moot.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Unfortunately Hayes though I think he's the best of the whole bunch. But I want to keep them all because they are all very good

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Hayes has the highest ceiling of the three..
Kreider hasn't progressed in the past 2 years. And he's a one trick pony.. He has awful hands and I given in he has a strong shot.. But he couldn't hit the side of a barn from an inch away... Kreider picking corners is far more often the lucky shot rather than a skilled shot.. Not to mention that most of his shots are right into the goalies stomach.. At least shoot lower and have a rebound chance

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hayes has the highest ceiling of the three..
Kreider hasn't progressed in the past 2 years. And he's a one trick pony.. He has awful hands and I given in he has a strong shot.. But he couldn't hit the side of a barn from an inch away... Kreider picking corners is far more often the lucky shot rather than a skilled shot.. Not to mention that most of his shots are right into the goalies stomach.. At least shoot lower and have a rebound chance

i think all 3 have high ceilings. i think Kreider is the most likely to become an impact player...his tool set is significantly higher than the other 2. His biggest issue is his aggression...the more passive, the less effective.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Frankly, Hayes, to me, had the lowest ceiling out of the three.

I see it entirely the opposite. Kreider and Miller are close to their ceiling, IMO. They improve slightly but they aren't going to magically blow up overnight.

Hayes, on the other hand, still has the potential to be a great player. Sure, he was lazy and had a terrible sophomore year. But you are discounting his rookie year, especially the firsthalf where he was fantastic. If he can play the way he played the first half of his freshman year he's a 1C. I'm not going to give odds on the chances he pulls it off, but he certainly has the talent.

This last season he was, by almost every measure, terrible. But he still put up 36 points, so it's not like he totally fell off a cliff.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I actually think Miller is the most talented player out of all three of them, like shooting, passing, vision.

I don't think any of them are particularly good defending.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hayes has a mediocre shot...i think the ability to shoot is very very important....playmakers who cant shoot are getting less and less relevant in todays nhl.

need to be a shooting threat.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I say again...

This "terrible sophomore slump" that Hayes had was a slightly worse season than what JT Miller's "breakout" was. This, playing with Stalberg and Lindberg while Miller was with Brassard and Zuccarello.

I'd also like to repeat that Miller and Kreider both turned pro the same season.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This "terrible sophomore slump" that Hayes had was a slightly worse season than what JT Miller's "breakout" was. This, playing with Stalberg and Lindberg while Miller was with Brassard and Zuccarello.

this needs to be remembered, like forreals.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
this needs to be remembered, like forreals.

7 less points in 150 less minutes, playing with Stalberg and Lindberg.

**** you, Hayes, you're terrible! Sophomore slump! Miller is untouchable!

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6