Speculation: Which RFA is most likely to be traded?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i don't think any of them get moved unless its for a young stud dman...but of the 3 i think its most likely kreider because he is closest to getting a big contract

that said though given our lack of speed, i think kreider is also the guy that we would most regret trading too

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
For me it's Kreider. He'll be the most expensive to re-sign, and I think he might be the most sought after around the league. Miller looks like he's finally getting it. Hayes has too much potential as a 2C with size and skill.

It'll sting if he goes elsewhere and puts it together, but if the Rangers can get the right return for him, that'll alleviate most of the pain. Though I have this recurring thought of him hauling ass down the ice with McDavid for the next 7 or 8 years that makes me kinda nauseous.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Kreider for sure. He probably bring back the most as well. Don't want to trade him, but if it means a RHD coming back, I'd think about it.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Kreider for sure. He probably bring back the most as well. Don't want to trade him, but if it means a RHD coming back, I'd think about it.

i much prefer to move Hayes. he is no hockey instincts in his own end and wont stop trying to force passing or stickhandling plays through close traffic

that said, if 'Peg is serious about moving Trouba, nice knowing you Chris K

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Kreider, they will not like their bargaining position and figure the cap space is better spent on character and intangibles.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Kreider has had the longest time to prove himself and hasn't, so I'd get rid of him first.

I realize many are annoyed that Kreider hasn't become a star, but he hasn't proven himself? He certainly has as a second line winger. Has he proven himself as a 1st liner, no, but he just turned 25 and has a pretty decent resume.

2 20 goal Seasons
2 40 Point seasons.
>.5 PPG in 65 playoff games including 20 goals

He has also improved every year sans this one. And this year it was a side-step. It's fine to think he's plateaued, but I don't really believe that and I think the majority of the people who watch him consistently would agree. If we trade him I'm fairly certain, barring injury, he will become a 30 goal - 60 point guy in this league.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
i much prefer to move Hayes. he is no hockey instincts in his own end and wont stop trying to force passing or stickhandling plays through close traffic

that said, if 'Peg is serious about moving Trouba, nice knowing you Chris K

Doubt Hayes is moved personally. But yeah if Kreider can get you someone like Trouba or Barrie, I'd have a hard time justifying keeping him.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I realize many are annoyed that Kreider hasn't become a star, but he hasn't proven himself? He certainly has as a second line winger. Has he proven himself as a 1st liner, no, but he just turned 25 and has a pretty decent resume.

2 20 goal Seasons
2 40 Point seasons.
>.5 PPG in 65 playoff games including 20 goals

He has also improved every year sans this one. And this year it was a side-step. It's fine to think he's plateaued, but I don't really believe that and I think the majority of the people who watch him consistently would agree. If we trade him I'm fairly certain, barring injury, he will become a 30 goal - 60 point guy in this league.

I agree with this. Unfortunately, I think a change of scenery would only make him a better player.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Call it goold ole silverfish anti-Miller bias, and I don't feel like going into a huge thesis on this (at least right now), so chalk it however you want.

I still trade Miller long before I trade Kreider, and slightly before I trade Hayes.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006

I disagree, he had a great first year and a disappointing second year. But we saw someone who could be an excellent center his first year. Trading him now would be selling low, and a mistake.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Call it goold ole silverfish anti-Miller bias, and I don't feel like going into a huge thesis on this (at least right now), so chalk it however you want.

I still trade Miller long before I trade Kreider, and slightly before I trade Hayes.

I'll never understand your dislike for Miller.

I think people just need to realize what Kreider is at the moment: he's a 20 goal winger with amazing size and speed, but he's devilishly inconsistent. He has the potential for more, but for what he is now, he's still a very good player. I keep him and Miller honestly.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'll never understand your dislike for Miller.

I think people just need to realize what Kreider is at the moment: he's a 20 goal winger with amazing size and speed, but he's devilishly inconsistent. He has the potential for more, but for what he is now, he's still a very good player. I keep him and Miller honestly.

Miller to me is just such a dime a dozen player. I think he's painfully terrible in his own zone. I don't think he's really anything special in the offensive zone. He'll probably be a consistent 25-25 player, and that's nothing to be ashamed of at all.

He's a winger now, which makes him less important to the team he's on. He doesn't have Kreider's speed, size, offensive acumen, or defensive zone play.

Hayes being a center with size, who had a very good rookie campaign, and backed it up with what was a bit of a sophomore slump, I'm not ready to give up on him. I think his game packs a lot more potential than Miller's does, and again, he's a center through and through.

For all the crap that Hayes is getting, and all the praise that Miller is getting, keep in mind that Miller outscored Hayes by 7 points in 160 more minutes - 0.09 p/60.

Was Miller really all that great last season that we're now deeming him untouchable among these RFAs?

Congratulations, JT, you made it a year without having to spend time in the AHL :handclap:

EDIT - 5v5, Miller outscored Hayes by 5 points in 145 more minutes. 0.02 p/60 difference.

Hayes' most common linemates 5v5? Lindberg and Stalberg

Miller's most common linemates 5v5? Brassard and Zuccarello

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Out of the three, Hayes is the player I'd be least upset with moving. However, I don't think any of them get moved if one of Brassard or Stepan ends up getting dealt.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Would be a more optimistic poll if it was something like who do the Rangers add to this list.

Palmieri for a 2nd and 3rd round pick was a pretty good deal for NJ.

Some other RFAs

Chiasson is someone I think may be worth looking into. Not like a savior or anything but he was actually pretty good when he was with Dallas, not sure why but Ottawa and he just don't seem to be working out. Instead of the annual no risk depth ufa guy they sign at the end of every off-season, why not just check and see if Ottawa will give him away really cheap?

Pearson is another player that may or may not have more to his game than he has shown so far.

Ryan Murphy?

Probably not home run types and it would all depend what it would take to get them but that would be more of the direction I'd like to see them go. Try to buy youngish players before they break out, if they fail on their bridge deals it's no worse than them having a bust of a draft or bust of a UFA signing. It's a risk but so is them doing whatever else they are likely to do.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Kreider has the highest value and I think the lowest ceiling... I think kreider already is what he is... Breakaway one trick pony...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hopefully none, Kreider if it's anyone. Which sucks because I just know that we'll move him and he'll put it all together and become a perennial 30-35 goal guy somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00