Which Ranger players on the current roster frustrate you the most?

Which Ranger players on the current roster frustrate you the most?

• Total voters

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Skjei by far because he at least has talent he is just stupider than dog ****

someone useless like Howden or Staal don’t frustrate me, they just irritate me.
Exactly. It’s not just the egregious errors, he frequently finds himself in a good position to make a play and just doesn’t something slightly wrong, be it an unscreened shot, a rush up the ice without support, extra strides or hesitation before making a breakout pass, pinching at the wrong time. All tools no toolbox. He’s like a polar opposite to Fox.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Skjei by a wide margin. Very disappointing, I hope he is gone by tdl. Howden was my second guy. I thought he could be a solid 3rd line center but he really hasn't shown much this year.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
The talent?

Kreider has the body of a god for sure and uses his intelligence to make the best of it.

There isn't a single plus stick skill in his arsenal.

Exactly. Hes a big smart grinder. Why his offensive game has never made that next step is a mystery to me.
No creativity. No art.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Could only vote once for Staal so elected not to vote for anybody else

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
If Strome frustrates people in what is clearly going to be his career best season, I can’t imagine how people will react when his production comes back to earth.

The answer here is easily Skjei. I went with Howden as a distant 2nd.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Exactly. Hes a big smart grinder. Why his offensive game has never made that next step is a mystery to me.
No creativity. No art.
Because he doesn't have it. Never did. Where's the mystery?

Gee, I wonder why Greg McKegg doesn't score more.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Not understanding the frustration with Fast. Guy is what he is. An effective player and defensively capable forward. He doesn't hurt any line he's on and does so much of the little things you need.

People tend to forget the little things he's done, ie: helped win the faceoff against the caps in overtime that Stepan won. Maybe when he's gone people will realize the little things he does every night.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Worst:
Staal
Smith
McKegg

Most Frustrating:
Skjei
Trouba
Buchnevich

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Not understanding the frustration with Fast. Guy is what he is. An effective player and defensively capable forward. He doesn't hurt any line he's on and does so much of the little things you need.

People tend to forget the little things he's done, ie: helped win the faceoff against the caps in overtime that Stepan won. Maybe when he's gone people will realize the little things he does every night.

I think ppl are frustrated with him on the 2nd line. He should be on the 3rd.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Went with 1) Staal - every time he touches the puck in the defensive zone, my brain is primed to expect a turnover. The man cannot clear the zone without icing the puck which would he probably should just do since a faceoff at least gives us a 50% chance of getting puck possession back. That or pass the puck to someone who can but his passes are always so slow and put his teammates in a position to get checked just playing the puck.
2) McKegg but this is more like a vote for DQ since he keeps putting him out there. AT THE WORST TIMES OF THE GAME. Sure, it's his fault he can't do much but his ice time is inexplicable. PDG shows how that role can be played successfully. I really hope we can trade him for something small like a 5-7th pick. Maybe Carolina will want him back for their run? He did really well for them in their playoff run last year which is why I was optimistic about the signing but he's just not putting it together here and regressed from last year's play. Crazy to think Florida traded Zach Hyman for McKegg.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
In the same boat. Well, I’m pissed at Andersson, that’s another story.

Wish there was an HFNYR option.

I forgot about Lias. Even he I'm only moderately pissed at. I think I came to the conclusion though that he'll never be a top 6 NHL player and so that mitigates that issue somewhat for me anyway.

But generally everyone's played hard game to game though not always smartly but we're also talking about a lot of kids in the mix. It's a year in which the team has taken a very good step forward overall. The offense is better--the defense is better--the younger players for the most part are better and the rookies have done well. Yeah I kind of wish Kaapo were having a better season but it's still a good experience overall for him. We're competitive most nights.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Skjei by a mile.

And since I had to pick two, I went with Howden as well. Mainly because I haven't given up on his chance of becoming a net positive. Unlike Staal.

Trouba just needs to not be paired with Skjei and he looks fine. They compliment each other like wasabi and mustard.

Reactions: jas

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If someone were to tell me before the season started--'you know Ryan Strome is going to have 50 points after 58 games and still people are going to hate on him anyway' I would have said no f***ing way. I know Panarin has been a big reason for that but still it's not a reach at this point that he's going to put up 70 points. Is he a 1C? No---but it's been a good year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad