Which Ranger players on the current roster frustrate you the most?

Which Ranger players on the current roster frustrate you the most?

• Total voters

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Skjei by a mile.

And since I had to pick two, I went with Howden as well. Mainly because I haven't given up on his chance of becoming a net positive. Unlike Staal.

Trouba just needs to not be paired with Skjei and he looks fine. They compliment each other like wasabi and mustard.
I read an article the other day, I think on the Athletic, and it showed Trouba and Morrissey, what they did when paired together, and what they've done so far this season. Basically they both played styles that complimented each other really well and now they're struggling with their new partners. Which for Trouba is really interesting as Skjei isn't hugely different than Morrissey. But, anyway, I think he would be much better off with a safer partner.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Skjei and strome. I didnt pick howden, staal and mckegg bc i expect them to annoy me. Brady had it and I dont know what happened. Strome shouldn’t be on the top line and it’s frustrating the amount of chances he flubs. Fast is up there too. But stromes points are gifts. It’s tells a fake story.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I've watched Buch and Skjei in what, 300 games each for us? At a certain point you have to come to peace with those guys being what they are, right? Above average, but not by that much, NHL roster players.

Howden isn't very good but he should be in the minors, it isn't his fault. Kakko's on a decent stretch with the new line and he just turned 19. Ryan Strome wasn't drafted 5th overall for his defensive coverage and intangibles, he was drafted for his skill - hate to do the cliche. this has to be on someone's HFBoards Bingo, but if he was Ruslan Stromovich you almost feel like the people who like him would hate him and the people who hate him would like him.

It's Trouba for me. And there are things about his game that I like, but looking at the contract I can't say I wouldn't take a mulligan on the Pionk trade (or trade him for a late first and another warm NHL body in the offseason)

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Definitely Buch. He has enough skill to consistently put up 60-70 points. I just can’t figure out why he doesn’t. Lack of killer instinct? Poor shot selection?

Reactions: bernmeister

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Really think it's Trouba or Skjei. People saying Strome are hitting the pipe. He's on pace for 70+ points and kills penalties. Save the "he plays with Panarin" nonsense, too. Yea, but so does Fast, and he's on pace for half the points Strome is. Fact of the matter is Gorton worked magic and acquired our two top-six centers in Zibanejad, a second-round pick and Strome for a 29-year-old Derick Brassard, Ryan Spooner (playing in the KHL for soon to be extinct Dinamo Minsk) and a seventh-round pick.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I read an article the other day, I think on the Athletic, and it showed Trouba and Morrissey, what they did when paired together, and what they've done so far this season. Basically they both played styles that complimented each other really well and now they're struggling with their new partners. Which for Trouba is really interesting as Skjei isn't hugely different than Morrissey. But, anyway, I think he would be much better off with a safer partner.
I think we need to try Lindgren-Trouba and Skjei-Fox next season (assuming Skjei is still here).

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

I remember seeing some numbers that back this up as well.

Lindgren-Trouba actually have respectable fancy stats together in 62 minutes of TOI. Good enough, that it would make sense to give them a shot.

Were I at the helm though, I would of already moved ADA, or maybe Fox, to the left side and would be playing them alongside Trouba.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I remember seeing some numbers that back this up as well.

Lindgren-Trouba actually have respectable fancy stats together in 62 minutes of TOI. Good enough, that it would make sense to give them a shot.

Were I at the helm though, I would of already moved ADA, or maybe Fox, to the left side and would be playing them alongside Trouba.
Looks so.

upload_2020-2-18_0-46-28.png

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It's been Kreider for years which is why im hesitant to resign him as he will pull a Casper the ghost immediately after. But right now its Staal and how he constantly pins the puck against the wall instead of making a play with it

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
But you already knew that would have been a possibility based on what he did.
I mean, sure, he's 18. We also have to take into account he was on larger ice in Finland and during the Championships in May. Also, a foreign kid coming to the biggest city in the world is no easy task. He's adjusting to so much. We forget that this isn't NHL 20. It's real life, and there are off the ice things that we need to account for.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I mean, sure, he's 18. We also have to take into account he was on larger ice in Finland and during the Championships in May. Also, a foreign kid coming to the biggest city in the world is no easy task. He's adjusting to so much. We forget that this isn't NHL 20. It's real life, and there are off the ice things that we need to account for.
I agree with all things you said. Which is why I thought that lots of the predictions for him were completely unrealistic.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I only have one - Skjei. He just hasn't been that good. He's not a top two guy.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I can't believe that Marc Staal is still on this team.

When he battles (and I use that term loosely) against the boards, he loses the puck virtually 100% of the time.

He gets beaten to the outside by anyone that has the mind to try it.

Ray Charles could see this.

I don't expect any other team to take him.

I just want him gone.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Fast...only because of the role he is currently in. Playing with Panarin he is supposed to be the Mudder with the Stallion. There are far too many times where he tries to be cute and make a fancy pass when that is not his game. Play North/South and fish out pucks in the corner and drive the net. Let A10 do the fancy work.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Skjei. He was real good earlier in his tenure but the second we gave him a long term deal instead of a bridge he has regressed so much. Even his great skating ability had kind of vanished

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Shesterkin. He's had several chances to score into the empty net so far and has shown a distinct lack of accuracy with his shot. You really need to be able to put the game away in those situations.
Somebody literally said this about Chytil, not mentioning any names.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Howden, because he's not even an NHL player. Although Buchnevich is frustrating because I often feel he can be so much more than what he has been so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad