OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Another small detail I like about this is seeing Arthur Smith out there being a face of the franchise talking a lot. He needs to be a guy calling his shots and taking ownership, it's nice to see some evidence of that.
Not disagreeing with you about Smith, but didn't Canada do the same thing last year when we drafted Darnell Washington on day 2?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Here was CBS’s blurb on McMillan taken several slots after Wilson…they gave this pick a better grade…anyone know why?

Jalen McMillan WR, WASH​

Height: 6-1, Weight: 192

Crafty, complete wideout with a trademark trait. Runs quality routes. Adequate separation. Not a burner. Not slow. Tracks it with good concentrations. Not a huge YAC type nor someone who thrives when leaping for the football in traffic. Robert Woods type with a bit more juice.(Chris Trapasso)
Depends on what you like. McMillan has more size. I didn't look it up but Wilson certainly looks a lot faster and blows by defenders more.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Here was CBS’s blurb on McMillan taken several slots after Wilson…they gave this pick a better grade…anyone know why?

Jalen McMillan WR, WASH​

Height: 6-1, Weight: 192

Crafty, complete wideout with a trademark trait. Runs quality routes. Adequate separation. Not a burner. Not slow. Tracks it with good concentrations. Not a huge YAC type nor someone who thrives when leaping for the football in traffic. Robert Woods type with a bit more juice.(Chris Trapasso)
I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about these guys, but I'm pretty sure CBS gave Fautanu a B grade, where as from what I read a lot of mocks had him a pretty good consensus top half of the 1st round pick, so to get him at 20 and receive a B grade indicates to me they have a different way of judging picks than most others.

We'll find out in a few years regardless, hopefully Wilson works out for the best, I like how this draft the Steelers seem to be filling their board with high character guys.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Not disagreeing with you about Smith, but didn't Canada do the same thing last year when we drafted Darnell Washington on day 2?

Could be, no memory of it either way. I thought he generally didn't talk all that much about picks but could be wrong.

Also whoever announced the Bengals pick just there has a really long head.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We doing a run on Wilsons? Why did Peyton Wilson fall in the draft? Injury?

Reactions: T1K

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
6' 4" and seems to be pretty quick, pretty intrigued about this pickup.

Rappaport saying he fell because of concern of medical issues in his knee, but could have promising upside if his health lasts longer than concerns indicate.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1714188079868.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad