Which LW should we sign to replace Drouin/Tatar?

Which LW should we sign to replace Drouin/Tatar?

• Total voters

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I like Wennberg, but before this season he had 40 goals/415 gp, in no world we should expect him to be a better goal scorer than Danault based on an outlier season. If he's able to play at wing, I think he could be an interesting player.

I don't know much about him other than his statline last year. I just pulled up capfriendly and went to town on UFAs coming this season. Notice my other post about some young guy in the dessert potting 10 goals in 21 games last season :dunce:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hyman is not leaving the Leafs to join the Habs. I'll bet $100 with anybody! Easy money. It's much worse than thinking Simmonds will sign with us over the Leafs.

He'll go to whoever shows him the money - which better not be us.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is this the year that ole Alex Galchenyuk comes home? Looking at the left side, I wouldn't be devastated if we brought him in on an offensive exploitation line. Just wish he could play defence.

At a salary below 1M it's a no lose signing. If he sucks, we send him down and he doesn't count against the cap.

Reactions: Draft

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
...I really think that ship has sailed and had a Viking Funeral...I wouldn't hate the idea either (and could start wearing my Galchenyuk Camo jersey again), but I can't see Bargain Bin going for it...he's allergic to players who have too much offensive flair and no defensive awareness...

Would make for a great story though!

I think you're right. Unless Ducharme decides that he's the kind of player the Habs need, I don't see Bergevin having any interest.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Is this the year that ole Alex Galchenyuk comes home? Looking at the left side, I wouldn't be devastated if we brought him in on an offensive exploitation line. Just wish he could play defence.

you know, it's funny... many will poo poo the idea, but if I'm GM, if I hear from Galch's agent that he's interested, i'd definitely have a sit down with the guy. At 27, he's still in a window of his career where he can be effective. He played quite well in Toronto. If he's got the "make it right" mindset and wants to come back to montreal with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and a more mature approach to his career, he could be a very good "buy low" candidate.

1-2 year "show me" deal to replace Tatar... would free up some money to keep Armia possibly, and then we've got Poehling pushing from Laval if Galch falters.

Toffoli
Galch
Lekhonen
Armia

Anderson
Caufield
Gallagher
Byron/Perry

that's an ok W group, but more importantly, one that (provided Drouin's money is in LTIR or comes off the books) keeps a lot of room to fix the defense and go aggressive to find a legit top-4 (or ideally) top pairing LD

Reactions: Draft

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I’d love a mix of Granlund/Coleman with Schwartz/Saad. Would give a lot to the team. With no superstar they will need more depth scoring. Coleman/Schwartz would give something different to the team.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Problem is Hyman ain't worth 5 to 6 million... no way, especially when not paired to the wonder marshmallows.

I would like Saad and Schwartz.

Tatar gone and Drouin to Seattle (hopefully) frees up 10.3 million.

KK - 2 years @ 2.25 million
Danault- 5 years at 5 million
Armia - 3 years 3.75 million

That should leave us with roughly 9 million after most signings are done.

Sign one LW and revisit the Deangelo signing regardless if he's a POS.
He's a puck moving D who can play and can be signed for 4 mill or less I believe.

Let the vets on the team keep him in line.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
No interest in Galchenyuk here. 17 teams is enough lol.

I'd rather a young cheap aggressive banger at 1 mil or less for the 4th line and find a way to get rid of at 2 if not all 3 of Tatar/Drouin/Byron. ( prefer to clear all 3 off the books regardless of return)
Need to pay to get a potential quality mid 6 winger.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
If I’m trying to think like Bergevin, my guess is it will be Coleman from Tampa Bay. He will be getting a significant raise, enough to price him out of Tampa’s ability to re-sign him anyway, and he fits all the Bergevin boxes. Cup winner, character, physical, two way player that works hard. Kills penalties and can slide up and down the lineup. Probably costs about 3.5 million per on a 3 year deal. I honestly wouldn’t mind him either, he would be a bigger version of Gallagher on another line. Either that or he promotes Poehling to the big club and goes after a big fish defenseman UFA.

Anderson- Suzuki - Caufield
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Coleman - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Armia - Evans - Perry

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Weber
Chiarot - _____

Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad