Which LW should we sign to replace Drouin/Tatar?

Which LW should we sign to replace Drouin/Tatar?

• Total voters

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
None of them want to play with the Habs. We should try to get Drouin back. Get him a lobotomy or something, anything to get him back in the line up.

Reactions: FF de Mars

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I’m down for Taylor Hall if it’s a short term deal

Where do you see him playing on the Vegas roster? ;)

I have no issues signing Hall. I just don't think he'll come cheap or on a short term deal. From the list, I went with Saad. He seems like he'd be the most realistic.

Reactions: the

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The only issue is Hyman shoot right... but he is Toronto Gallagher spark every line he is on he would be a awesome addition.

but here are guy I could see on our left side...
Duclair
Saad
Schwartz
Athanasiou
Janmark
Wennberg
Nosek

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Center is a much bigger issue for this team next year. If our plan is to field Suzuki and a bunch of plugs again down the middle we aren't making the playoffs.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Hyman would fit our team perfectly
Schwartz is my first choice, but I wonder what would the cap hit be

expy

Nov 2, 2010
None of them want to play with the Habs. We should try to get Drouin back. Get him a lobotomy or something, anything to get him back in the line up.
Naw, no need for that guy.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Center is a much bigger issue for this team next year. If our plan is to field Suzuki and a bunch of plugs again down the middle we aren't making the playoffs.

Depends on how much Suzuki, KK, Poehling and Evans improve.

But yeah if they don't, that's the biggest problem.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Tried this for fun. This is about 2 millions over the cap, but I assume we would lose one of Chiarot or Byron in the expansion draft, to be replaced by a cheaper option.

I traded Drouin for draft picks. I acquired Killorn for low end prospects, trying to take advantage of Tampa's cap situation. And I signed UFA Danault, Hyman, Perry and Martinez to pandemic friendly deals.

It adds some much needed character in the line-up, and some more offensive abilities on D.

screenshot_20210616-033856_chrome-jpg.447008

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-033856_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-033856_Chrome.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Tried this for fun. This is about 2 millions over the cap, but I assume we would lose one of Chiarot or Byron in the expansion draft, to be replaced by a cheaper option.

I traded Drouin for draft picks. I acquired Killorn for low end prospects, trying to take advantage of Tampa's cap situation. And I signed UFA Danault, Hyman, Perry and Martinez to pandemic friendly deals.

It adds some much needed character in the line-up, and some more offensive abilities on D.

Most people think Hyman is leaving Toronto because he is going to get paid 5.5-6m a year in free agency. If he takes a deal that low (which he won't) he'd stay in Toronto.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Coleman or Schwartz for me, Hyman won't leave Toronto and he definitely won't leave T.O for MTL. If he does it's an easy sign.

We also gotta factor in that Poehling is most likely gonna make the jump next season.

As is, this is what i'm expecting next season:

Tofu - Suzuki - Coffee
Anderson - KK - Armia
Evans - Danault - Gally
Lehkonen - Byron - Perry
Poehling

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Hyman but I don't think he'd sign with us. Wouldn't touch any of the others listed. Hall is not the star player that he'll be paid like, Schwartz can't stay healthy and Saad is just meh.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hyman but I don't think he'd sign with us. Wouldn't touch any of the others listed. Hall is not the star player that he'll be paid like, Schwartz can't stay healthy and Saad is just meh.

i definitely wouldn't overpay for Schwartz, honestly i think he could be had for a fair price, he's coming off a pretty weak season

if it costs us more than Toffoli i'd pass

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I tend to agree. Center is still a work in progress. I don't mind the combo of Suzuki and Danault but with KK in that mix, it has flaws due to his development process.

Eichel! I'd offer KK, Romanov, 1st, another young asset, and then we work on the cap. Drouin probably has to go the other way. Drouin + KK's new contract is probably around $8M - $9M range so that kind of evens out with Eichel coming in.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city

Gallagher and Anderson contract are atrocious

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I do think we could flip a RW to the left side and still be in good shape, and it might give us more room to target a top LD.

Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher

On Danault, it really depends what he wants. I think you could get a veteran centre for the third line and save some money.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I do think we could flip a RW to the left side and still be in good shape, and it might give us more room to target a top LD.

Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher

On Danault, it really depends what he wants. I think you could get a veteran centre for the third line and save some money.

Cam Fowler would fit perfectly.. But what will the price be? We've got a bunch of prospects and a 1st round pick. I think we have what they'll ask for.

Reactions: smirob

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I don't know what will happen with Drouin but he could still be back. Regardless, I think we should save our cap space to sign a top-4 puck moving defenseman

Toffoli Suzuki Gallagher
Evans Kotkaniemi Caufield
Lehkonen Danault Anderson
Byron Poehling Perry

Puck Moving D - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Chiarot
Kulak - Fleury

Price - Allen

This line-up is around 77M including all of Allen, Byron, Edmundson and Chiarot (one should leave to Seattle or trade). Which leaves plenty of space for Drouin to come back and add depth up front. If he doesn't come back try to sign someone around 1.5 or 2.0 (a Duclair type like the Panthers did this year)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Pass on all in the poll. I don't think we should commit money to these players. Look to continue to develop from within.
This should always the priority, but we've been burned so many times most of us are like, "Pfff... yeah... one more 4th liner fresh off the development assembly line." Our strongest players should be coming from within, but they're not. Instead, our homegrown picks have become the supporting cast for our UFAs. It's ass-backwards and inefficient.

Good reason to think Drouin and Tatar aren't back. That'll free some space for at least one good signing. Hamilton would be a difference-maker. Anyone from our prospect pool ready to break out? I can't think of any...

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Don't want to pay Hyman for producing with Matthews and Marner. I would not touch anyone on that list for the salary they'll have

Reactions: Habs13

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
I think they need to be realistic and resist the urge to sign middle aged players to long term deals. There is hope for the future for this group of young players and they need to be carefully with the cap moving forward.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
This should always the priority, but we've been burned so many times most of us are like, "Pfff... yeah... one more 4th liner fresh off the development assembly line." Our strongest players should be coming from within, but they're not. Instead, our homegrown picks have become the supporting cast for our UFAs. It's ass-backwards and inefficient.

Good reason to think Drouin and Tatar aren't back. That'll free some space for at least one good signing. Hamilton would be a difference-maker. Anyone from our prospect pool ready to break out? I can't think of any...
I'm okay trying for a Hamilton or a Jones. I think this is the way to go given the struggles on D.

Replacing Tatar and Drouin with some of the people mentioned in this thread will be like swapping 4 quarters for a dollar. All the players in the poll are equally inconsistent and will get paid the same amount of money, if not more.

Toffoli, Anderson, Caufield, KK, Suzuki and Gallagher is a decent offensive group. They'll be even more productive with D that can move the puck/contribute to the offense.

This team has been trying to fill holes with middle 6 forwards for 3 decades now. Time to move on from this. If it means the habs are worse off, so be it. I don't want to be kept a float in the middle of the pack by mediocre players anymore.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad