Which LW should we sign to replace Drouin/Tatar?

Which LW should we sign to replace Drouin/Tatar?

• Total voters

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I tend to agree. Center is still a work in progress. I don't mind the combo of Suzuki and Danault but with KK in that mix, it has flaws due to his development process.

Eichel! I'd offer KK, Romanov, 1st, another young asset, and then we work on the cap. Drouin probably has to go the other way. Drouin + KK's new contract is probably around $8M - $9M range so that kind of evens out with Eichel coming in.

KK for Eichel one for one is already enough IMO, and I know it's not enough to make that trade. Eichel is great but he hasn't proved enough. To me it seems crazy to go after a player who just gave up on his team, seems that he might disappear when things get tough and things do get tough in Montreal.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
KK for Eichel one for one is already enough IMO, and I know it's not enough to make that trade. Eichel is great but he hasn't proved enough. To me it seems crazy to go after a player who just gave up on his team, seems that he might disappear when things get tough and things do get tough in Montreal.
What ?? The guy is a top 10 player in the league and what KK did prove in the league ??

Reactions: malcb33

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
No interest in Hyman.. we have tons of players like him and he's not gonna produce that amount not playing with 2 franchise talents.

Hall won't come here.

So it's Saad or Schwartz.
Totally agree, He dosen’t bring something we don’t have and without Marner/Matthews, it will be way tougher to produce

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
What ?? The guy is a top 10 player in the league and what KK did prove in the league ??

He has more PO goals than Eichel... :sarcasm:Of course Eichel is great, but I have a feeling KK will be close to a PPG player in a few years. All I know for sure about Eichel is that after a few difficult years that he's about to jump ship, not the attitude we should bring to this team.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He has more PO goals than Eichel... :sarcasm:Of course Eichel is great, but I have a feeling KK will be close to a PPG player in a few years. All I know for sure about Eichel is that after a few difficult years that he's about to jump ship, not the attitude we should bring to this team.
KK may be a PPG player one day but the chance are not that high. Eichel is an over PPG player and he’s only 4 yrs older then KK. And look at how Buffalo is been manage, I would be piss off if I was him to

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
What about Wennberg? Replace Danault and add more goals? I wonder if he would be happy with 4.5M or expects a lot more.

I like Wennberg, but before this season he had 40 goals/415 gp, in no world we should expect him to be a better goal scorer than Danault based on an outlier season. If he's able to play at wing, I think he could be an interesting player.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
We need a playmaking LW to play with KK and Anderson. Drouin if his heads on right is a stylistic fit, but if not him, Schwartz?

Also need a PP QB for the third pair to play with Romonov

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I wish KK for Eichel was enough. Others would top that offer easily IMO

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Would be happy with any of them except Hyman. Don't want anything to do with Hyman at UFA prices.

If I have to pick one probably Schwartz just because he adds a little more of the skill element we lack. Saad is good but he's another one of those great defensive forwards who drives xGs but not actual Gs as much and we have more than enough of those guys in the lineup. Schwartz is pretty fragile though so I don't love the value there on a UFA deal. Hall I just don't really know where to place him, I think he'd fit in very well with Suzuki and Caufield but he seems like a different player since his knee injury.

I would rather just sign Tatar than any of these guys honestly but I can't imagine he wants to stick around after being scratched the entire playoffs.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Erik Haula and Mattias Janmark should be considered as better playmaking options. Great skaters and solid playmakers, both of these guys could be a compliment to Anderson/Gallagher/Caufield. Maybe not as good as Tatar in the regular season but both guys show up in the playoffs.

More similar to the ones already listed, Blake Coleman is on par with Saad/Hyman and could be available.

Reactions: ArtPeur

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We need a playmaking LW to play with KK and Anderson. Drouin if his heads on right is a stylistic fit, but if not him, Schwartz?

Also need a PP QB for the third pair to play with Romonov
I don't like Anderson with KK. But a solid winger we could sign would be Janmark, even though he'd likely want an expensive contract with his impressive 8 points in 11 playoff games.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Erik Haula and Mattias Janmark should be considered as better playmaking options. Great skaters and solid playmakers, both of these guys could be a compliment to Anderson/Gallagher/Caufield. Maybe not as good as Tatar in the regular season but both guys show up in the playoffs.

More similar to the ones already listed, Blake Coleman is on par with Saad/Hyman and could be available.

Aye. I was going to ask what people think about Coleman. I feel like he could be an interesting and cheap option in the middle-6 LW. Teams will probably line up to get the top players leaving depth players like Coleman a bit under the radar?

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Is this the year that ole Alex Galchenyuk comes home? Looking at the left side, I wouldn't be devastated if we brought him in on an offensive exploitation line. Just wish he could play defence.

...I really think that ship has sailed and had a Viking Funeral...I wouldn't hate the idea either (and could start wearing my Galchenyuk Camo jersey again), but I can't see Bargain Bin going for it...he's allergic to players who have too much offensive flair and no defensive awareness...

Reactions: Draft

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Aye. I was going to ask what people think about Coleman. I feel like he could be an interesting and cheap option in the middle-6 LW. Teams will probably line up to get the top players leaving depth players like Coleman a bit under the radar?

I think he's a very well-respected player. Good at both ends, good skater, and can bring a physical edge. Like Saad and Hyman, the main concern is his offensive upside and ability to be any more than a complimentary player. Really solid though, he'd be an interesting pick up to play alongside Suzuki.

Reactions: ArtPeur

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Neither Hyman or Hall.

Hyman your typical grinder who plays with two offensive stars, gets a big FA contract and tanks.

Hall is signing with the Bruins most likely.

FA is usually a fallacy but occasionally a Toffoli comes through.

I'd wait for cap casualties and pounce on them with draft capital.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Neither Hyman or Hall.

Hyman your typical grinder who plays with two offensive stars, gets a big FA contract and tanks.

Hall is signing with the Bruins most likely.

FA is usually a fallacy but occasionally a Toffoli comes through.

I'd wait for cap casualties and pounce on them with draft capital.

...that's another great idea...unfortunately I don't see Bargain Bin as a strategic thinker...you may want to call him and drop the idea in his head...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
:lol: have you spend anytime following the habs in montreal?

tell that to Koivu... Pk... Patches... Galch... Roy... JKO... Weber... Lats... Ribeiro... and on and on.

I don't know that there is any player that has played in the habs jersey that i've seen spared the ire of fans/media at the first sign of struggles or inconsistency. Be it HOF guys, local guys, or depth guys, the love affair is a fickle one in montreal and always "what have you done for me lately".

Petry? I don't recall hearing anything about his early career inconsistency in Edmonton being tied to the market there... Hamilton specifically struggled in Calgary with the media scrutiny, i'm not sure that was an issue for Petry, he was just a young d playing in a dysfunctional environment (that was peak edmonton sh*t show years)

No bro, it's isn't " what have you done for me lately".

As Craig Rivet said, in Montreal it's " what have you done for me now ".

Reactions: Miller Time

Jul 6, 2016
Is this the year that ole Alex Galchenyuk comes home? Looking at the left side, I wouldn't be devastated if we brought him in on an offensive exploitation line. Just wish he could play defence.

No, please.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad