Which LW should we sign to replace Drouin/Tatar?

Which LW should we sign to replace Drouin/Tatar?

• Total voters

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You forgot Ovechkin.

But in all seriousness, I'd go for someone like Dougie. He's a legitimate #3 and we need help back there badly, especially with Weber probably retiring in a couple years. We can manage for another year with what we have

Toffolo - Suzuki - Caufield
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Armia - Poehling - Gallagher

Danault for LW help?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
We don't have a good prospect at LW don't we?
It's gonna be a rough season if our best natural LW is Lehkonen.

I'd obviously take Hyman, but I wonder if we don't do a trade 1 vs 1 RW vs LW since Caufield, Gallagher, Anderson, Toffoli are all right handed and could all play in the top 9

Reactions: CaptainKirk

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The solution with the actual contracts right now is to put 1 of Gallagher or Anderson LW.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Anderson/Gallagher-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher/Anderson

Kotkaniemi between 2 players with no hands tho.

We’re going to need to grab a natural LW or two. We invested to heavy onto the right side that we’ve put ourselves in a complicated situation. We may not have the cap to address it unless we move parts. The Drouin situation is a tough. He likely played his last game with us but what is the cost to get away from his $5 million contract without having to retain so much that it doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: abo9

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Dougie Hamilton fills so many needs, sadly can't see him signing. Can't see Hall signing here either.

Montreal signing Hyman would be a good end to the 2021 destruction of the Leafs. Saad seems like the most obvious fit.

LW
Toffoli
Saad (Hyman/Hall if possible)
Lehkonen
Byron

C
Suzuki
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Evans

RW
Gallagher
Anderson
Caufield
Perry (hopefully he wants to come back)

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Can I vote for Jonathan Drouin? I think he'll be back and have a good season, don't count him out. I even read an article stating Seattle should pick him in the expansion draft. The priority should be signing Hamilton, maybe this playoff push will convince him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
toss up btw hall and schwartz for me... either would be a great fit, though unsure of how Hall would handle the montreal scrutiny and expectations, especially coming in and immediately being the top forward (at least pedigree/past performance-wise).

If he was up for it, the opportunity for him to thrive with Suzuki/CC/JKO/Toffoli/Anderson in our top 6 would be massive... great fit.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Can I vote for Jonathan Drouin? I think he'll be back and have a good season, don't count him out. I even read an article stating Seattle should pick him in the expansion draft. The priority should be signing Hamilton, maybe this playoff push will convince him.

what both Hamilton and Drouin have in common is that they are not built to thrive in a marketplace with the kind of scrutiny that Montreal has.

Hamilton, i'd bet, would not even take our call.
Drouin, it would appear, has played his last game for us.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm open to Hall, but definitely needs to be at a reasonable cost and not long term. I expect us to sign Saad and I don't think he'll be that expensive which is nice.

I think we could sign Hoffman for really cheap too.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
what both Hamilton and Drouin have in common is that they are not built to thrive in a marketplace with the kind of scrutiny that Montreal has.

What makes you say that about Hamilton?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
We’re going to need to grab a natural LW or two. We invested to heavy onto the right side that we’ve put ourselves in a complicated situation. We may not have the cap to address it unless we move parts. The Drouin situation is a tough. He likely played his last game with us but what is the cost to get away from his $5 million contract without having to retain so much that it doesn’t make sense.
right now the biggest issue is our back end. It was Bergevin mistake to extend and sign so many RWs this offseason.
Weber Chariot and Edmundson are not the type of players that will ever put offensive and move the puck fast out of our zone. This is a huge problem.

By the time those 2 problems (LW and Dmen issues ) will b fixed , Weber will most likely be gone , Petry will be on his last straw and Price will most likely be on the decline.

We are in between everything right now. Do we deserve to be in third round right now due to our season ? No. Should we go all in again? No.

Im still saying we will need a re-tool because our core is aging hard. Our d-squad is 1-2 years away from pure disasters.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine

What makes you think of that?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
With the cap the way it is, might actually be the best time to sign UFAs as no team has capspace and the need to overpay will not be as much.
Disagree , the big ufas will get their money this season with the expansion coming up. Seattle will have enough money to squeeze more deals in the summer.
Hyman over Hall, anyday! We need hard worker and skilled player. Not soft & overrated player.

So we need more 30-40 points player at long term? Hyman is not skilled at all. He's a budget Gallagher

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
...for LW, Mikael Granlund and either Saad or Schwartz, whoever we have cap left for...before all this, however, we need to fix the damn defense!!...get at least one Top 4 PMD, then worry about the rest of the lineup...
At this point instead of wasting money on ufa , we should keep Drouin if the players in return are those 3.

Do we really need more 30 year olds in this roster with 5 year deals? Those players are all like Tatar , 35-50 points players who will hit 30y olds and will be overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad