Line Combos: Which line is the first line?

Which line is the first line?

• Total voters

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The argument people had been making about kane is the first line was largely based on production all summer in talks about it.

I make an ice time and talent argument, production should also be considered, but even with 71 points Backstrom’s line was called the second because of Ovechkin. Why isn’t Kane given the same respect by fans and media as Ovechkin?

That Backstrom line would’ve been a first line for at least half the teams in the league, but people had no problem calling it the second line because of the talent Ovechkin is.

To @BobbyJet point, this is a really annoyingly irrelevant thing for me to get hung up on, but for whatever reason the semantics just bother me.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Obviously Q always plays Toews first in the rotation and against top opposition. But the spirit of the question probably has more to do with "best line"

Before the season started I would have said the Kane line. But so far Schmaltz has sucked and Toews has played excellent, so it's DeBrincat-Toews-Kahun right now.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It feels like Toews read these boards the past 2 years ... got his feelings hurt ... and decided to do the Rocky IV workout this off season. He hasn't been this quick in years. If Toews finally figured it out (don't care about the goals as much as he is dominating the puck), Toews and DeBrincat will be the #1 line regardless of the other winger. That said, Kahun plays a decent overall game.

If Renaissance Toews continues to his mid 30s that contract is acceptable AND the rebuilding timeline got far shorter.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Toews has been amazing to start. I knew he was different in preseason though but its nice to see him carry it to the regular season. And what stick is that he's using now? It seems different than in his usual years.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
can I change my vote to Toews???? lol

Haha absolutely!

The Toews line is proving to be the first in production, the Kane line in 5v5 icetime. We’ll see what happens as the season goes on.

Although, I think the scaled-back 5v5 toi, more sheltered zone starts, and DeBrincat over Saad is really helping Toews.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Haha absolutely!

The Toews line is proving to be the first in production, the Kane line in 5v5 icetime. We’ll see what happens as the season goes on.

Although, I think the scaled-back 5v5 toi, more sheltered zone starts, and DeBrincat over Saad is really helping Toews.
honestly, both Cat and Kahun have been wonderful for Toews. people questioned whether Cat was quick enough, I think we have seen enough to say yes, yes he is. Kahun has been a very good player on this line, the guy just does some of the dirty things for the others to succeed. I think his numbers will not be that great this year but his contributions should not go unnoticed. Kahun is helping to keep defenses on their toes, kid can really scoot out there too. I am really enjoying this line, I hope they can keep it up for most of the year and really give us that 1-2 punch we lacked last year plus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad