Speculation: Which Jets aren't coming back?

Who's gone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's a bit sad to see guys leave the team every year, but after this mediocre season, we could potentially see some shakeup. Who's gone before next training camp?

UFAs:
Eakin, Shore, Shaw, Letestu, Bourque
Kulikov, Beaulieu, DeMelo, Sbisa, Bitetto
Brossoit

LTIR/Retirement: Little?

On the block: Perreault/Niku/Roslovic?

Management: Maurice/Chevy (probably both safe though)

Major trade: Ehlers/Connor/Wheeler?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Personally I'll guess Eakin/Shaw/Letestu/Bourque/Kulikov/Beaulieu/Bitetto/Brossoit/Little/Roslovic are done as Jets.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
It's a bit sad to see guys leave the team every year, but after this mediocre season, we could potentially see some shakeup. Who's gone before next training camp?

UFAs:
Brossoit

I'd add Laine to the Major trade and also to the poll.

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Please Let Matty P move on somehow, dude is just a Hindrance on this team. 4 th liner who doesn't hit gets hurt every game, smallest weakest dude around, this is 2020 no room for a dude like that on this team and making that kind of money is crazy.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

UFAs:
Brossoit

Good thread and list, OP. I expect Beaulieu and maybe Shore to return, hopefully DeMelo and The Crusty One, though I'd expect him to head to a place where he's guaranteed more games than the 12-15 or so he gets here.

I don't see PoMo playing Niku ever again since his egregious mistake in coverage that no other NHL rookie D -- and certainly not an established vet like, say, Sbisa, Beaulieu, Bitetto or virtually every other Jets D not named Morrissey -- might have made. For his sins he will be passively-aggressively traded or released, and Roslo may also be if they can scrounge something for him. I don't see them buying out of Moose'ing Perrault unless they have to and I don't see any other team taking him on without a sweetener. Kuli leaves if he can.

Hoping for Little but not looking good.

No chance of a move for Chevy or PM unless we don't win a game in our first 40, IMO.

Connor is a PM untouchable, and Wheels is the heart-and-soul, so they stay unless they ask for a move. That leaves Soft Euro Nik as the sacrificial lamb who gets the chance to tear it up somewhere else, and much as I love the guy (my fave Jet) I hope he takes it and runs.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Eakin, Kulikov, Frenchie and Wheeler can all go!

keep Helly, Schief, Ehlers and Connor, the rest are expendable for a price! Yes even lazy Laine, the tugboat named Floater!

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
When does Chevy actually ever sign any of the rental guys he brings in?
Well, he seemed pretty interested in Stastny and it just didn't pan out (mainly because he'd signed Little a year early). And he did re-sign Beaulieu. But yeah, otherwise he hasn't been particularly horny for those rental players.

Reactions: sipowicz

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I found it interesting that Cheveldayoff mentioned a trade this offseason two different times in his year end interview. Usually he gives a classic Chevy "we'll have to explore the markets and look at all avenues to improve the team each and every day", but he mentioned bringing in NHL players via trade at two different parts.

Maybe that means something bigger is in the works and a piece or two is moved out to trade for a new guy.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I found it interesting that Cheveldayoff mentioned a trade this offseason two different times in his year end interview. Usually he gives a classic Chevy "we'll have to explore the markets and look at all avenues to improve the team each and every day", but he mentioned bringing in NHL players via trade at two different parts.

Maybe that means something bigger is in the works and a piece or two is moved out to trade for a new guy.

Maybe there are done deals and they are respecting the unwritten rule that you don't make any big announcements while the playoffs are ongoing that could detract from the spectacle that is playing in quiet, empty arenas. :nod:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think they might try and keep DeMelo. The rest I dont see sticking around. Maybe Brossoit but I feel like he will want more of a shot on a team looking for a starter. Plus I wouldnt mind bringing in Berdin for backup spot duty.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think they might try and keep DeMelo. The rest I dont see sticking around. Maybe Brossoit but I feel like he will want more of a shot on a team looking for a starter. Plus I wouldnt mind bringing in Berdin for backup spot duty.

I’d like Berdin to get some games this year but I just have a feeling that it Croissant leaves that we’ll sign a marginal goalie to replace him.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They are going to need to have players on the roster that meet the expansion draft requirements so you have to think he is going to keep around one of Sbisa/Beau on a two year deal so that he has a dmen eligible to be exposed.

He also needs to do the same with a backup goalie unless the plan is to use Comrie who already meets the requirements.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You've heard something regarding DeMelo?
Both sides reported recently that they haven't even really talked about it yet - which doesn't make much sense to me if one or both parties are interested in an extension here.

The Jets should be ALL OVER this: a decent, not-too-expensive RD? Signing this guy should be a high priority - the fact that nothing's been done up to this point seems to indicate that it's not.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Both sides reported recently that they haven't even really talked about it yet - which doesn't make much sense to me if one or both parties are interested in an extension here.

The Jets should be ALL OVER this: a decent, not-too-expensive RD? Signing this guy should be a high priority - the fact that nothing's been done up to this point seems to indicate that it's not.

Could be a lot gm/player speak. Chevy never really lets us know how negotiations are going. Plus as mentioned in another thread I have a sneaky suspicion he may have something lined up for a better RD to play with Morrissey.

Reactions: JetsUK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad