Which Jersey should I get?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I've quit buying jerseys of players I like. It's a jinx. I got a Thornton jersey right before he was traded. Same with Seguin. Same with Murray. Same with Samsonov. My Lucic jersey is the only one that hasn't caused harm. I'm holding off on a Bergy and Chara jersey because I don't want to press my luck.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bergy is signed with the Bruins until he dies!

He's their most consistent player, and a very humble guy.

....buy a Bergy jersey! you won't regret it.

picture.php

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've quit buying jerseys of players I like. It's a jinx. I got a Thornton jersey right before he was traded. Same with Seguin. Same with Murray. Same with Samsonov. My Lucic jersey is the only one that hasn't caused harm. I'm holding off on a Bergy and Chara jersey because I don't want to press my luck.

Tell me about it, bought a Thornton jersey in October of the year he was traded. Never been an autograph kind of guy but was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and Jumbo Joe signed mine, couple of months later, gonzo.....

....jersey is still in well keeping and I don`t wear it, no clue if it`s worth jack all but I`ve never had anything but good things to say about Joe, on that particular day, to watch him interact with the kids seeking autographs was refreshing, took the time for literally everyone there with a marker in his/her hand

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

He didn't get traded. People will forget he was bought out and think he just retired a Bruin lol.

I'd love to get my hands on an older style #44 Murray jersey.

That'd be obscure and amazing.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Love the old Sandy Moger reference.

You can always go with Glen Featherstone or Darin Kimble jesey.:laugh:

As everyone else said go with a player that will stay with the organization for a long time or a great retired player is the safe bet.

whataclamdigger

Apr 26, 2012
MA
I agree with not worrying about the player getting traded. Plus, down the road you'll get props from those in the know.

Personally, I think the best thing to do is have a story behind the jersey. If you've been to a few games, who's the player that always seems to do well?

I got a Horton jersey because I went to game 7 of Montreal and Tampa Bay during the cup run. Tampa Bay was on my birthday. I was dead set on buying myself a Lucic jersey but I knew I had to get Horton after that. I don't regret it one bit.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Just buy your favorite player. If they get traded or sign elsewhere who cares?

I bought a Peverley one because he was my favorite, I still like to wear it

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
Go with your gut. And as long as you get everything stitched, you can always get the name and number changed. I had an authentic 3rd of Seguin, but for Christmas, my wife sent it off to Custom Crafted, and SEGUIN 19 taken off and BERGERON 37 put on. Couldn't even tell it had been re-stitched. Looks amazing!

MetroOpensDoors

Jul 10, 2007
Boston
Go with your gut. And as long as you get everything stitched, you can always get the name and number changed. I had an authentic 3rd of Seguin, but for Christmas, my wife sent it off to Custom Crafted, and SEGUIN 19 taken off and BERGERON 37 put on. Couldn't even tell it had been re-stitched. Looks amazing!

This. You don't have to get the $300 authentics (though I personally like the quality of the patches over the replicas) but don't cheap out with the glue on lettering. Stitched lettering always.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

And the best part is this little gem, in picture 5...

Liability release statement said:
All equipment purchased during the Boston Bruins Equipment Sale on Saturday, October 13, 2012 is sold "as is" and is intended for memorabilia collection purposes only. The Boston Bruins make no, and disclaim any, representation or warranty regarding the equipment, including safety or fitness of use.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions there.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I bought 1/2 of Patrick Kane's jockstrap for $250.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
False advertising, it's not even a jock strap.

:laugh: I love the explanation the seller gives...

The fabric of the jock strap had a nasty sweat smell plus was torn on the side so I threw it out but kept the plastic cup. Purchasing the cup was ment (sic) to be a joke.

member 96824

I bought 1/2 of Patrick Kane's jockstrap for $250.

I heard Chia bought seeds for a garden off ebay once. After 9 1/2 days, he didn't have tomatoes so he dug it all up and put in an above ground pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad