Which is the most IMPORTANT player to his team?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Since the Bruins don't exactly have a starting goalie, I'd go with Bergeron. Although, right now we are finding out that perhaps it was Krejci.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
McDavid and Draisaitl

Remove both from Edmonton and you got a bottom feeders with RNH as their #1

Seriously, just look at the percentage that those 2 get goals for Edmonton

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
I mean an awful goalie could absolutely sink a game so I could see the argument there but at the same time you need goals to win so a franchise center is a close second if not first

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Interesting how bad Draisaitl is. That is, people here are clearly saying that you remove McDavid and Draisaitl gets absolutely nothing done.
Ye I know. Pretty sure Nurse would Be a bigger loss than McD for the Oilers.

Unless Nurse is not A #1 defensemen and could be easily replaced. Like his 31 minutes November 18th

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The goalie is the only player who can single handedly win or lose you a game. Which is why it's a little strange how little they make compared to other positions.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
I also believe McDavid is the most important player to his team but it’s funny how people are saying McDavid but a lot are pushing for Draisatl to win the Hart. :laugh:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Ok, so this is not a discussion on who is the best player, but a player who is most important to his team. Basically, I he would be removed/injured, his team would lose a lot more games.
I don't see a difference between this question and question about the best player.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Goaltending is about 50% of the game when you have it and about 99% of the game when you don't. So I say Price

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
McDavid by a landslide. The Oilers live and die on his success.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The goalie is the only player who can single handedly win or lose you a game. Which is why it's a little strange how little they make compared to other positions.

Lots of analogies to use, here's one HFB will enjoy...

The Hurricanes beat another NHL Team with a zamboni driver playing 28 minutes in net. As big of chokers and losers as the Toronto Maple Leafs were (are), the Canes wouldn't have beat them if he had to play anywhere close to those amount of minutes on defence or forward (obviuosly).

The position is largely influeced by the team in front of them, and finding a serviceable goalie with a floor of stopping most outside shots and giving you somewhat of a chance each game is not that hard to find in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad