Which Habs Forward will be Waived or Traded when all players are healthy?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
One of De La Rose or Peca. Don't know much about Peca, but I'm unimpressed so far...

De La Rose was good at the end of last year, when Pleky was gone.

Pleky should also go, completely useless.

That said, I think Scherbak won't make it here.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He probably needs to play lots of minutes, and the only place where he'll have these is in Laval -- at least up until there's room on the RW in the Top-6 following an injury or something.

... And that pretty much includes every other NHL city. This isn't exactly a great team.

Things would be different if we had, I don't know, a very good goalscoring center. We don't have such a player.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FOPYMWz.gif

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
We can't send him down though because he has to clear waivers. I guarantee if we exposed one of the other four I mentioned on waivers (Shaw, plekanec, de la rose, deslauriers) they would clear. Why can't Claude bite the bullet and give scherbak shaw's ice time and power play opportunities for the season. Worst case scenario scherbak does what Andrew Shaw does...nothing with it.

QUOTE="MXD, post: 150682235, member: 31139"]He probably needs to play lots of minutes, and the only place where he'll have these is in Laval -- at least up until there's room on the RW in the Top-6 following an injury or something.

... And that pretty much includes every other NHL city. This isn't exactly a great team.

Things would be different if we had, I don't know, a very good goalscoring center. We don't have such a player.[/QUOTE]

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Oh Nikita you will never know, anything about my home
I'll never know how good it feels to hold you
Nikita I need you so

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
We can't trade him yet... first we need to kill whatever value he has left so we can truly minimize our return.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Scherbak is done here, they simply don't want him.

When the team gets shut out and they don't even consider adding him to the next game's lineup, it's more than likely that he's as done as dinner.

#FreeDJ

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh Nikita you will never know, anything about my home
I'll never know how good it feels to hold you
Nikita I need you so

Oh Nikita is on the wrong side of any given Habs line
Counting games missed in a row
Oh no, Nikita you'll never show

Reactions: WG and Fixxer

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I think a lot of us really think... who the f*** cares?

Most of those forwards in contention to being waived/traded don't seem like they would get claimed, or return anything other than futures.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We can't send him down though because he has to clear waivers. I guarantee if we exposed one of the other four I mentioned on waivers (Shaw, plekanec, de la rose, deslauriers) they would clear. Why can't Claude bite the bullet and give scherbak shaw's ice time and power play opportunities for the season. Worst case scenario scherbak does what Andrew Shaw does...nothing with it.

The Habs will lose Scherbak for nothing regardless if he spends the season in the press box.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Scherbak is done here, they simply don't want him.

even these idiots will realize, eventually, that effort and speed alone don't win in the new NHL. You also need skill and talent. While Scherbak isn't polished, he has skill and may have talent (his hockey sense at this stage is debatable). We will soon see just how starved we are for skilled offensive players and may turn to Scherbak to see if he's polished enough, will put in the effort, and has the talent to create some offense. Right now he's being "polished" - he's practicing with the team and the coaches are working with him on the things he needs to do get in the lineup and be successful (not turn the puck over, play a more uptempo game, etc..). We'll see what he has if he gets a shot before being dealt.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
even these idiots will realize, eventually, that effort and speed alone don't win in the new NHL. You also need skill and talent. While Scherbak isn't polished, he has skill and may have talent (his hockey sense at this stage is debatable). We will soon see just how starved we are for skilled offensive players and may turn to Scherbak to see if he's polished enough, will put in the effort, and has the talent to create some offense.
Why wasn't he playing already? Could he possibly be worse than Drouend?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad