Which Habs Forward will be Waived or Traded when all players are healthy?

Habby08

Jul 2, 2018
When De La Rose & Deslauriers return from injury which forward will be bumped? MTL will have too many players on the roster and someone requires to be sent down or traded, will it be Scherbak and ... ? This will be hard as sending down any of these players will require waivers. Interesting to hear your thoughts.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Amongst Sherback, Plekanec, Hudon, Peca and the injured players, the likeliest to be sent down are Sherback and DLR (in that order) and the least likely would be Hudon and Peca.

I don't think anyone else is at risk, unless an irresistible offer is made via trade.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Honestly, as much as I want him to succeed, we should be shopping Scherbak around now. I don’t see him cracking our lineup any time soon.

DLR is also expendable for me. All three (DLo as well) really, but I’d guess Scherbak would be easiest to move between the 3.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Honestly, as much as I want him to succeed, we should be shopping Scherbak around now. I don’t see him cracking our lineup any time soon.

DLR is also expendable for me. All three (DLo as well) really, but I’d guess Scherbak would be easiest to move between the 3.

DLo isn't getting waived before at least playing a few games.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Peca really hasn't impressed at all.
I agree, though he did score on a breakaway in the scrimmage when the whole other team went for a change.

I would not sacrifice DLR or Scherbak for him.

With his salary and term, $1.3M x 2 years, I think it unlikely he gets picked up on waivers, when he has been mostly a career AHLer and quite small to boot (some teams seem to value size).

Last edited:

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
He has shorter legs, but he does not get from point A to point B faster than DLR. Jacob is one of our fastest skaters, and he has size and forechecks effectively with it.

He’s definitely faster than DLR, not sure what you’re talking about. Taller does not mean faster. DLR is soft and slow with the puck. He’s not NHL material. Peca is a perfect 4th line player at the NHL level.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I don’t want to lose DLR and Scherbak.

Don’t really care for Peca and Plekanec.

I’m guessing Scherbak will be traded though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In all likelyhood, we'll get other injuries before we get to that point.

Not that we're wishing anyone harm but somehow, teams always manage to find someone with a timely ailment to place on IR.

Reactions: groovejuice

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Scherbak probably. After that tough call maybe Kotka gets sent to Laval.

We should trade Pleks. See if Chicago still wants him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FWIW, Bergevin was on AC last week.

And one of the topics was what will he do with Scherbak.

He said that he would be reticent to waive him as he has skills and size and that he had an inkling that there are teams who would want to take a chance on a such a young player. He also said that he'd hate to see the player bloom somewhere else on account of giving up on him too soon.

While I don't value anything Bergevin says, I believe that this indicates that they're either going to wait on him or try to trade him, but not outright waive him. They're going to look for some other way.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Scherbak is probably going to be traded for depth players or a 5th.

First rounders last ten years:
Kotkaniemi - top3 pick
Poehling - unknown
Sergachev - traded for a 40-50 points winger
Juulsen - just breaking through, hasn't produced a lick
Scherbak - bust
McCarron - bust
Galchenyuk - 50ish point player
Beaulieu - just about done in the NHL, ~20 point d-man who is bad at d
Tinordi - bust in NHL, 10 point d-man who is bad in general
Louis Leblanc - bust in NHL, headcase

For fun, the ten years before:
Pacioretty - great NHLer
McDonagh - great NHLer (overrated by many)
Fischer - mega bust
Price - fantastic NHLer
Chipchura - pseudo-bust/grinder
Higgins - average NHLer
Perezhogin - bust
Komisarek - average NHLer
Hossaa - bust
Rainsey - average NHLer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad