Which Defenseman Will Score The Most Points In The Next 10 Years?

Which Defenseman Will Score The Most Points In The Next 10 Years

• Total voters

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Dahlin. Pretty interesting to see how the next 10 years unfolds... we may be entering a golden age of offensive dmen.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Sabres need Goalofsson to hit Rantanen level - or find another offensive gem if that doesn't happen in order for me to pick Dahlin over Makar. Makar is between two superstars and will be glued to them on the PP and ES for the rest of the foreseeable future, and those guys are good at putting up points.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Want to say Makar, but I don't think we've seen Dahlin really go yet. But i'm a huge Makar stan so that gets the vote.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I have a hard time seeing anyone other than Dahlin, Makar, or Hughes winning this long term. Maybe Drysdale if he explodes onto the scene, but I don’t think he has the same level of creativity as the others.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Makar, providing MackInnon sticks around (I'm sure he will).

the MackInnon/Landeskog/Rantanen is amazing and has such great chemistry, Makar will have no issues racking up the points.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
ummmm, what?!
Simple. with ~1 year off recovering god knows how many injury’s he has, he’s gonna come back and look better than ever; then have a Lidstrom like back half of his career.
If Karlsson stays healthy, he’s as good a bet as any to score the most points in the next ten years.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Complete shot in the dark but I might take Makar since he has offensive skill plus guys like MacK and Rantanen to help him out.

The answer is Makar, but the reason is because he doesn't need any help.

Compare his scoring rates with the different Avs players. It's higher with Kadri or Compher's unit than it is with Mackinnon's.

Makar, providing MackInnon sticks around (I'm sure he will).

the MackInnon/Landeskog/Rantanen is amazing and has such great chemistry, Makar will have no issues racking up the points.

Same as above.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Seth Jones would be a prime candidate who isn't getting a ton of attention. He had a bit of a down year this year, but defensemen peak in their late 20s and the next 5 years Jones will be 25-30. Dahlin and Makar would be my other candidates.

Jones might have another level in him, I'm curious, but he's never been a great PP scorer, and that is a requisite skill in this question. He also plays in an extremely defensive system, doesn't get to rush the puck as often as he used to.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Jones might have another level in him, I'm curious, but he's never been a great PP scorer, and that is a requisite skill in this question. He also plays in an extremely defensive system, doesn't get to rush the puck as often as he used to.
It also seems like the poll was changed to the next 10 years instead of 5. Which limits this to Makar and Dahlin as really the only options

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
he has more or as much hype as MacKinnon did... look where hes at

every 1st is overhyped. Mackinnon is probably the only one that’s surpassed the hype. And top 5 player might have just been too bold a statement. Top 10? Maybe. Top 15 I could totally see. Top 5? Naa. That is absolute elite territory that unless your a generational guy you simply can’t expect that from any player coming into the league. If it happens awesome tho. But even mackinnon isn’t a top 5 player for the majority of his career.

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
Back on the thread tho. I see Makar and Heiskannen being two studs offensively. Chabot id have third. Other guys I see as better overall D but my guess is Makar and Heiskannen being the offensive studs

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Back on the thread tho. I see Makar and Heiskannen being two studs offensively. Chabot id have third. Other guys I see as better overall D but my guess is Makar and Heiskannen being the offensive studs
:huh:
you think the already very capable established two way guy is going to turn into an "offensive stud"?
I'm assuming you mean Hughes in the bold above and not Heiskanen, as he should be in the "other guys" group you mentioned.
Heiskanen would produce more if the Stars had any kind of offense for him to work with, but he's never going to be producing points like Makar or Hughes, especially with his more defensive-centric utilization, and the teams system.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad