Which Defenseman Will Score The Most Points In The Next 10 Years?

Which Defenseman Will Score The Most Points In The Next 10 Years

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Pretty self explanatory from the title. No intangibles or defensive play factored in.

Which defenseman will score the most points in the next 10 years? Current ages listed after player names.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Whoever is healthiest out of Makar, Hughes, Dahlin, and Chabot would be my guess.

Maybe take health out of the equation then since it's pure speculation, and there's not much at this point to suggest anyone will be healthier than the other?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Complete shot in the dark but I might take Makar since he has offensive skill plus guys like MacK and Rantanen to help him out.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah I could see Makar being the best offensive dman in the NHL for a long time. If the Sabres ever get their shit together then Dahlin could be one to challenge him

Stars27

Aug 23, 2013
Makar’s winning this with 85% and he’s still losing a poll to Lafreniere lol.

It's definitely a fair point.

From a Dallas Stars perspective, I would take Laf over Makar just because we need elite talent up front and we're well-positioned on D already. Not to say Makar wouldn't help, just that we have a need elsewhere.

Now, if you're saying Laf or Heiskanen in Dallas' current position, I would lean towards Heiskanen just because his loss would be huge. In a vacuum though, Laf probably has more value.

After finishing this post, probably in the wrong thread lol

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Makar’s winning this with 85% and he’s still losing a poll to Lafreniere lol.
You act like that is somehow connected.
If I was to build a team today from scratch and my choice was Laf or Makar. I'm taking Laf.
If the option is who scores the most points, in taking the offensive defenseman with arguable the 2nd best player (3rd at worst) on his team and Rantanen

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think Seth Jones would be a prime candidate who isn't getting a ton of attention. He had a bit of a down year this year, but defensemen peak in their late 20s and the next 5 years Jones will be 25-30. Dahlin and Makar would be my other candidates.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Whoever is healthiest out of Makar, Hughes, Dahlin, and Chabot would be my guess.

I was thinking the same. It's most likely going to be someone ~23 or younger, and they all have high offensive ceilings.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think Seth Jones would be a prime candidate who isn't getting a ton of attention. He had a bit of a down year this year, but defensemen peak in their late 20s and the next 5 years Jones will be 25-30. Dahlin and Makar would be my other candidates.

Seth Jones turns 26 on October 3rd and has a lower points per game than Alex Edler over the past two seasons.

Reactions: Mac Attack

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Hughes and Makar are good bets as they would've hit 60-70 points already as rookies.

Both play on deadly powerplays as well.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad