Which Canadian team is currently the best?

Best Canadian team?

• Total voters

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
How by losing.

By placing 2nd and beating the 1st seeded team
Most people will agree that the preds vs jets took a lot out of each other
And this was the jets first playoff run for a lot of the jets players
"bUt tHeY lOsT" isnt a very intelligent argument and a stubborn one at that
I guess I'll fix that statement. It shut up the reasonable people/fans who can admit the jets Have proven to be a top team

What has the flames done recently?

Reactions: Snowman

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Calgary is easily on the Jets level this year if not better. They honestly seem very similar to the Jets path to finally getting there. A good coach and good goaltending can turn around a team pretty quick if the team has depth.

For the first time in a while the Pacific seems like the tougher path to the finals. A lot can change between now and April though.

Leafs appear to he at the back of that tier for now. But at some point Nylander isnt going to keep playing like dog shit and their offense will be tough to play against if they tighten up their team D

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That doenst really change rhe argument

Going into details about a general conversation equals reaching

Dont know why flames fans just cant sdmit it takes more than a current season to prove where they really stand. You dont get to take best team without getting the conclusion which they have yet to do

On the other hand jets have certainly shut everyone up last year

So because Winnipeg has been good for a season and a half, it is the reason they are on another planet than Calgary who’s done it for a half season. Sure. Good to know.

Like I mentioned, I have no issues with people saying Winnipeg is the better team today and moving forward, where people lose me is this pretending they’re on a whole other level because of things coming together a season before.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So because Winnipeg has been good for a season and a half, it is the reason they are on another planet than Calgary who’s done it for a half season. Sure. Good to know.

Like I mentioned, I have no issues with people saying Winnipeg is the better team today and moving forward, where people lose me is this pretending they’re on a whole other level because of things coming together a season before.

Jets keep finding ways to win with their depth while missing some keys players and despite one of their biggest players having an epic slump.

When this team is healthy again and all four lines are running strong they are not an easy out in the playoffs.

We could care less about the presidents trophy or being the regular season champs.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Jets and Leafs are one a different level than the rest. Calgary looks better now but Winnipeg is a little more tested.

Toronto is closer to Montreal than Calgary and Winnipeg.

The rest are trash.

Reactions: Snowman and Peggy

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Jets and Leafs are one a different level than the rest. Calgary looks better now but Winnipeg is a little more tested.

Toronto is closer to Montreal than Calgary and Winnipeg.

The rest are trash.

Good way of putting it

Jets are more tested

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I guess I'll fix that statement. It shut up the reasonable people/fans who can admit the jets Have proven to be a top team

Recently,2nd overall pts in the league or is to recent for your liking.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

On one hand Vegas was a fluke beating the Jets but the Jets beat the Peds was not.
Seems like what your trying to say is, my team proved that they were good after they won a series and then come up with an excuse on why they lost the next series instead of admitting the got beat by a better team at the time of their meeting.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
On one hand Vegas was a fluke beating the Jets but the Jets beat the Peds was not.
Seems like what your trying to say is, my team proved that they were good after they won a series and then come up with an excuse on why they lost the next series instead of admitting the got beat by a better team at the time of their meeting.

Go watch that series and compete competition
The jets look drained after that preds series
Vegas had fresh legs
Why is that an unreasonable argument to be made?
Vegas grabbed statsny this season and the jets still ahead in standings

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Go watch that series and compete competition
The jets look drained after that preds series
Vegas had fresh legs
Why is that an unreasonable argument to be made?
Vegas grabbed statsny this season and the jets still ahead in standings

Still fighting the good fight, eh?

See the results?
Right.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Jets fans telling others it takes a lot more than one good season to prove anything when the Jets have had one good season is pretty funny.
Ain't that the truth and the team their trying to dish on is the team that took them out of last seasons's playoff to boot.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Jets fans telling others it takes a lot more than one good season to prove anything when the Jets have had one good season is pretty funny.

Jets were injured the year before
Jets fans told everyone this
Next year everyone is a year older and healthy
2nd place and a good playoff run
They're 1st in their division and 2nd in the west

Preds make it to the cup rhe year before
Place first in the league
Unfortunate the 2 best teams in the league/west had to face each other in 2nd round

Just use some common sense
You're criticizing me or us for using that argument but some how still trying to say the flames are better because they're 3 games ahead?

Great logic you got there

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Jets were injured the year before
Jets fans told everyone this
Next year everyone is a year older and healthy
2nd place and a good playoff run
They're 1st in their division and 2nd in the west

Preds make it to the cup rhe year before
Place first in the league
Unfortunate the 2 best teams in the league/west had to face each other in 2nd round

Just use some common sense
You're criticizing me or us for using that argument but some how still trying to say the flames are better because they're 3 games ahead?

Great logic you got there

What makes the Jets better than the Flames this season so far?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Connor has 14 loses already this season with a 2.85 GAA and .910 save %.
He had 11 loses all of last year.
Rittich on the otherhand has a .918 save % and only 4 loses with a much lower GAA.
Significant difference.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

They didn't just lose they were manhandled.
Vegas exposed them as pretenders. Revealed a lot of team weaknesses. The opportunity was there to show the world they are the best team in Canada and possibly the entire league. Instead they folded like a used deck of cards. So far they have shown to be a team that cracks under pressure.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
They didn't just lose they were manhandled.
Vegas exposed them as pretenders. Revealed a lot of team weaknesses. The opportunity was there to show the world they are the best team in Canada and possibly the entire league. Instead they folded like a used deck of cards. So far they have shown to be a team that cracks under pressure.
This might be the dumbest post I've ever read. You really shouldn't talk so authoritatively about games you clearly never watch lmao. The Jets were the much better team in the series. They were beaten because of MAF

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00