Which Canadian team is currently the best?

Best Canadian team?

• Total voters

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As of this moment?
Calgary. Essentially the second best team in the league behind Tampa.

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
As of this moment?
Calgary. Essentially the second best team in the league behind Tampa.
"Currently"so and I still think the Jets have the edge with so many offensive weapons

Last edited:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'd say the Flames... But I think they need a better goalie and 1 more top 6 to beat the Leafs. Jets and Leafs would be a coin toss if I was betting...

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames season sweep the Jets, completely dummy the Leafs in the lone game they've played, are second in the entire league, have the 2nd highest scoring offence in the league, top 10 in GAA, have 5 players in the top 22 in league scoring (or 4 in the top 14), have a sure fire Norris winner, a Hart candidate, the 2nd leading scorer in the league, have beat every top team in the league (or lost in a bum shootout).

Yet the Jets or Leafs are better (according to some).

aqt87Jt.gif

There is no debate or question, the Flames are the top Canadian team AINEC.

"Flames need more offensive weapons to beat the Leafs"

"Jets have more offensive weapons"

Flames have scored 20 more goals than the Jets and 21 more than the Leafs. k

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Flames as of the standings but I'm not sure I would call it a clean sweep for them in a series against the Jets or even the Leafs. All three teams have a lot of weapons.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Canucks over Mcdavid ? Id probably agree but that's tough
It could probably go either way. Canucks are doing decent even without their best player. Oilers are missing 2 of their best dmen in klefbom and sekera. On paper oilers should be better. But as of right now it's the Canucks

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
The only reason Calgary isnt at the same level as Tampa in the standings is Mike Smith. I hope they get a back up at the deadline but they are the best Canadian team right now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Right this second? Gotta be Calgary.

Ask again next week and it could be the jets or leafs tho.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Islanders should be Canada's team. They have players from BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and PEI on their roster

Reactions: dukeofjive

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
If had choice who to play in a 7 game series starting today, I would most like to avoid (in order)

WPG
CGY
TOR
MTL
EDM

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Calgary is playing the best right now, but in general, I don't think there's much separating the Flames, Leafs and Jets. By the time the playoffs roll around, it could go to any of them. I still think the Jets roster is the best on paper.

Montreal is a clear 4th, with the Oilers and Canucks probably interchangeable, with an edge to Oilers for McDavid, then Ottawa last

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad