Which 2 centers would you take at their peaks?

Which pair would you rather have on your team at their best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Rank by offensive peak only:

Crosby/Malkin/Yzerman
Sakic/Lindros
McDavid/Federov
Datsyuk
Bergeron

Rank by all around game added in:

Crosby/Malkin/Yzerman/Sakic/Lindros
Federov
McDavid/Datsyuk
Bergeron

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I take the pairing that already has multiple cups. Can't go wrong with 3 cups.

But knowing me and a lot of people here they would probably randomly choose Yzerman and Sakic due to nostalgic childhood reasons :).

Reactions: Sam Spade

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The Pens 2009 cup win has to be the greatest majority of a cup winning team's total offense created by two players. They had a point on 55/79 (69.6%) goals the Pens scored. The Pens averaged just 1 goal per game that those two didn't record a point on.

Reactions: Plural

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Crosby Malkin the only duo that both won multiple art rosses. #1 and #2 in ppg in their era. It's them.

Yup. I think the only duo that possibly could sway me is McDavid and Foppa. Depending on how McDavid fares.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This is a funny one.
Because I read answer 1, and I'm like, easy.
Then I read answer 2, and I'm like, well... I mean..
Then I read answer 3, and I'm like, I could make an argument...

Reactions: authentic

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I take the pairing that already has multiple cups. Can't go wrong with 3 cups.

But knowing me and a lot of people here they would probably randomly choose Yzerman and Sakic due to nostalgic childhood reasons :).

But Yzerman and Sakic won 5 cups... and they made International hockey their bitch playing for the same Country. You can't say the same for Crosby and Malkin!

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Crosby/Malkin/Yzerman
Sakic/Lindros
McDavid/Federov
Datsyuk
Bergeron

Federov
McDavid/Datsyuk
Bergeron

Isn't Fed-Ex usually thought of havin one of the best peak seasons ever? Or were you going by longer timeframe?

Also I'd propably put MvDavid with Sakic and Lindros in offensive peak.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Isn't Fed-Ex usually thought of havin one of the best peak seasons ever? Or were you going by longer timeframe?

Also I'd propably put MvDavid with Sakic and Lindros in offensive peak.

Fed's peak season is not on the level of most of the others offensively. It depends on how much value you want to place on his all around game.

Sakic's 00/01 season for sure and Lindros' 1996 season (less sure) are above McDavid's best (assuming flexibilty on per game performance vs. raw point totals only).

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Fed's peak season is not on the level of most of the others offensively. It depends on how much value you want to place on his all around game.

Sakic's 00/01 season for sure and Lindros' 1996 season (less sure) are above McDavid's best (assuming flexibilty on per game performance vs. raw point totals only).

I could see that with Feds. I guess I disagree with you since I think it's at least as good of a season as Sakic's best. But that's up to interpretation.

I'm curious as how you've come to the conclusion that Sakic and Lindros peak is offensively better than McDavid's. I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Malkin is already comfortably ahead of Forsberg.

Interessting how similar their career stats are tho.

Malkin: 786gp 371g 562a 933p 1.19ppg
Forsberg: 708gp 249g 636a 855p
1.25ppg

Removing the last season (to get more even games played) we have malkin at

706gp 329g 506a 835p 1.18ppg

Atleast these regular season stats, very even.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe Sakic and Steve Yzerman, for sentimental reasons.
Joe was a Nords and a fine rep for Québec City and just a fine player while Steve Yzerman was met at a baseball game in Ottawa ages ago, signed autographs along with that wretched representation of a defenceman Housley (we snubbed him, his EV play was too awful for words.)

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Crosby/Malkin/Yzerman
Sakic/Lindros
McDavid/Federov
Datsyuk
Bergeron

Federov
McDavid/Datsyuk
Bergeron

Where's Forsberg?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Lindros and Fedorov, if were talking peak. 115 point powerforward centre and a 120 point selke winning centre

Keep in mind 115 and 120 points in 1994 and 1996 are a bit different than scoring those totals in this era. Neither one would've scored more than Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin have managed.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Crosby and Malkin are the two best centers on the list so pretty easy to go with them as a pair.

Reactions: Casanova

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
crosby and malkin both AT there best is scary. Both at there best were well the best players in the league, with better peaks then pretty much everyone here.
Ill take them pls.

Reactions: Casanova

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
I’m actually surprised McDavid and Forsberg are winning this poll.

Crosby > McDavid (for now)
Malkin >= Forsberg

Fedorov > McDavid
Lindros >= Forsberg

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I could see that with Feds. I guess I disagree with you since I think it's at least as good of a season as Sakic's best. But that's up to interpretation.

I'm curious as how you've come to the conclusion that Sakic and Lindros peak is offensively better than McDavid's. I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious.

I took their PPGs and compared that with the PPGs of the next Top Ten scorers.

Sakic's was 25% better
Lindros (94/95) was 21% better
McDavid (16/17) was 18% better

As I said, Sakic for sure, Lindros less so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad