Which 2 centers would you take at their peaks?

Which pair would you rather have on your team at their best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Option 1 should be unanimous imo

They are arguably the 2 best players here. And unlike others they have chemistry together and won 3 cups (4 finals).

Dont see an argument for anyone else.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If Mcdavid played with Peter Forsberg they would win a bunch

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
McDavid doesn't really belong in this poll, if only because we don't know what his best is. We only know what he's done in 3 seasons worth of opportunity. That's a bit unfair to him.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Crosby and malkin very easily 3 cups /4 finals

4 art Ross
3 hart
4 Lindsay’s
2 Richards
3 smythes

Lindros and Federov have 3 Stanley Cups and 5 finals appearances.

2 Hart
2 Selkes

From 93-99, only Lemieux and Jagr had a better PPG average than Lindros. Crosby and Malkin would have fewer Art Rosses if they played against Lemieux too.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Crosby Malkin the only duo that both won multiple art rosses. #1 and #2 in ppg in their era. It's them.

Yeah it's kind of funny how the most likely correct answer is the only one that actually exists. I think it's close enough that I'd take McDavid and Forsberg for the wow factor, not to mention McDavid may not be at his peak yet.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Crosby's ceiling was cut short due to injury, so I think Forsberg=Malkin and McDavid has the potential to be even better than Crosby's ceiling as played thus I would take McD and Fopa.

Not hating on the Sid+Geno choice though, it's completely fine by me if some prefer them, just saying that I personally think McD can put the other group over the top.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
McDavid doesn't really belong in this poll, if only because we don't know what his best is. We only know what he's done in 3 seasons worth of opportunity. That's a bit unfair to him.

Yeah, but he's arguably as good as the rest ever were right now, it's too bad he hasn't had much opportunity to show it in the playoffs yet though with the crap team he's stuck on.

Reactions: GreatGonzo

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Yeah it's kind of funny how the most likely correct answer is the only one that actually exists. I think it's close enough that I'd take McDavid and Forsberg for the wow factor, not to mention McDavid may not be at his peak yet.
Don't totally disagree. The answer could be different 5 years from now if Mcdavid really separates himself from Crosby/Malkin. As of now he hasn't played at peak Crosby/Malkin level yet.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Lindros and Federov have 3 Stanley Cups and 5 finals appearances.

2 Hart
2 Selkes

From 93-99, only Lemieux and Jagr had a better PPG average. Crosby and Malkin would have fewer Art Rosses if they played against Lemieux too.

And they might have won some more if not for the multiple injuries.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Don't totally disagree. The answer could be different 5 years from now if Mcdavid really separates himself from Crosby/Malkin. As of now he hasn't played at peak Crosby/Malkin level yet.

Not quite no, but very close I think, especially when we consider what he's had to work with. I don't feel comfortable declaring him as good until he does something impressive in the playoffs, which I'm sure he will in time.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
While Crosby/Malkin is the "right" pick, I went with Lindros/Fedorov. I would love to see Lindros at his peak and Fedorov at his peak going at any other pair that doesn't include Gretzky or Lemieux. Apart from great scoring, with this pair you get very physical play with its matching intimidation factor, and you also get a fantastic defensive presence. That about covers everything you need in hockey, especially if you consider all eras and not just the current one.

Reactions: dukeofjive

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Crosby's ceiling was cut short due to injury, so I think Forsberg=Malkin and McDavid has the potential to be even better than Crosby's ceiling as played thus I would take McD and Fopa.

Not hating on the Sid+Geno choice though, it's completely fine by me if some prefer them, just saying that I personally think McD can put the other group over the top.

Malkin is already comfortably ahead of Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad