OT: Where will we be 5 years from now?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i was expecting mutts to buy celebratory advertising on the site on july 5th...oh well

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just goes to show that predicting lineups any more than a year in advance is nearly pointless, because you're always going to be wrong about whether certain players pan out, and nobody can predict trades.

Has nothing to do with anyone panning out. Seeing a lineup with Vas in it makes me sad...

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Well ladies and gentlemen, its been about 4.5 years, almost 5. If youre still here, its great to have you around. I appreciate reading everyone's posts, even the people that are dumb and annoying (a select few ;) )!

Lets see what some were saying 5 years ago...

Mayan Calender, no one will be here.

Ugh, is there a new end of the world prediction coming up?

A cup older.

Zach Parise has a gold medal.

Jacob Josefson is a superstar

Mattias Tedenby is a consistant 60 point player.

The Rangers still suck.

0 for 5!

Banned for something I said in an Avery thread.

Youre still around!

I'm still here after 7 years so another 5 is easy at this point.

Also still around.

95-100 point season followed by losing in the 1st or 2nd round, most likely the 1st.

I really can't see anything else.

Oh how I wish this were still the case. Sad that this is a dream for most of us right now.

And despite being a bit of a dick, Mutts was one funny poster. Left us at some point in the 2012 run. Pour one out for him.

all depends on where my magic carpet takes me.

of course, if within the next 5 years i get a phone that allows me to post here, why would i not?

Mustve got a new phone. Nice to have you here still, quality poster.

In the year 2014... In the year 2014!!

HF will be making lengthy Bacardi Razz inspired posts about his latest female issues.

KyleEvs will put a restraining order on Muttley, who will have showed up at his house multiple times trying to bring him home as an adopted son.

njdevsfn95 will no longer post on HFBoards as he will be wrapped up in training for the Mr. Olympia Bodybuilding competition.

Richers Ghost will no longer be able to type, as his meticulous photoshopping will bring about a very early and very severe case of rheumatoid arthritis.

Saugus will be known as Saugus MBE.

BrodeursCups will be drinking and playing golf.

Still an epic post.

5 years from now, one of us will probably make a lineup post something like this:

Parise-Zajac-Palmieri
Tedenby-Josefson-Bergfors
Vasyunov-Cormier-Halischuk (or Elias and Langenbrunner, they would still be young enough to be here if they don't get traded or retire)
Hoeffel-Henrique-Clarkson
Pelley

Martin-Oduya
Corrente-Greene
Urborn-Burlon
Eckford (or Corbin Macpherson)

Frazee
Brodeur (Yes, Marty will still be here! Or we drafted his son)

Well thats the sentimental logical prediction anyway... My psychic senses tell me:

Parise-Zajac-Undrafted yet
Tedenby-Josefson-Halschuk
Elias-Cormier-Zharkov
Hoeffel-Henrique-Unknown yet

Urborn-Macpherson
Martin-Oduya
Young-Greene
unknown

Undrafted yet
Undrafted yet

Yikes. Well, you got Marty being a backup right at least.

Just goes to show that predicting lineups any more than a year in advance is nearly pointless, because you're always going to be wrong about whether certain players pan out, and nobody can predict trades.

What ever happened to Saugus???

Cheers to another great five years. We better be celebrating a cup win at some point before 2020. LGD!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
some of those posts... wow

just goes to show, we have 0 idea what our roster will look like ina few years

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
theres a guy who adds comments on TG's Fire and Ice who uses the name Muttley, wonder if it's the same Mutts?
We should have a thread for ex-posters, just to look back and remember them, who they were, when and why they left

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Nothing works here.
I hate this place.
I've been here for... (checks join date)... seven years.
Nothing works here.

FML.

Reactions: GameSeven

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
5 years from now, one of us will probably make a lineup post something like this:

Parise-Zajac-Palmieri
Vasyunov-Cormier-Halischuk (or Elias and Langenbrunner, they would still be young enough to be here if they don't get traded or retire)
Pelley

Martin-Oduya
Corrente-Greene
Urborn-Burlon

Frazee

Well thats the sentimental logical prediction anyway... My psychic senses tell me:

Elias-Cormier-Zharkov

Urborn-Macpherson
Martin-Oduya
Young-Greene
unknown

Undrafted yet
Undrafted yet

:yo:

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Still here, nothing has changed much. Different posters, same posts.

Yikes. Well, you got Marty being a backup right at least.

Ouch, I didn't expect So many players to be gone. But I did get the Clarkson part right on the 2nd lineup.

Didn't expect Corrente, Zharkov, Bergfors, Tedenby and Urbom to be such busts. Definately didn't expect Martin and Parise to leave. Didn't expect Halischuk, Cormier and Palmeri to be traded.

Last edited:

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
theres a guy who adds comments on TG's Fire and Ice who uses the name Muttley, wonder if it's the same Mutts?
We should have a thread for ex-posters, just to look back and remember them, who they were, when and why they left

That's the same guy. I find the posters on TG's blog all hate us here. Not sure why...maybe its the constant fighting, maybe its the bi-polar thing, maybe its britdevil....who knows? :)

Reactions: The 29th Pick

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
It's the offseason so......

upload_2021-8-4_12-27-48.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Parise-Zajac-Palmieri
Pelley

Martin-Oduya
Corrente-Greene
Urborn-Burlon

Frazee

Elias-Cormier-Zharkov

Urborn-Macpherson
Martin-Oduya
Young-Greene
unknown

Undrafted yet
Undrafted yet
My favorite part of this “five years from now” line-up is that a Palmieri was a top six RW starting in 2015-16. (It just wasn’t Nick Palmieri.) This was time/mind bender for a few seconds for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad