OT: Where will we be 5 years from now?

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
I'll be around. Not sure if I'll be more or less mature about posting. But I will always be a Devils fan. And, unless I move to Canada... will always need some sort of outlet to have intelligent discussions about the team.

Muttley*

oh, I almost forgot: 5 years from now...

We still will be hearing about Marc 2 goal/10 assist Staal's offensive "upside" and still waiting for Brandon Dubinsky to break the 15 goal plateau and turn into the "#1 Center/better than Travis Zajac" player.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
By the way, by 2014 I will be WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF Welterweight champion of the world... Happily married, a few years away from our first child, who will grow up in a New Jersey suburb close enough to Newark that it will be easy to get to and from the Rock (and our box season tickets) every time the Devs have a game.

When I defend my titles for the 4th time (in honor of Scotty S) I will say to Max Kellerman "I want to give a quick shoutout to all the HFBoards Devils crew".

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Ill be drafted 14th overall in the MLB draft by the Toronto Blue Jays and by the time my career is over, Id have passed Barry Bonds *home run record*... After defeating the Yankees in the 2020 ALCS, I start to tease CWE, GB, Mike DYG, Saugus, njdevils3027, JB and ILIVM during my post game interview. I then made a shoutout to all Jays fans on HF and gave them a Messier type guarentee that I was going to bring the WS back to Toronto. We lost in the WS to the New York Mets. The yankee fans mentioned above were teased even more by HF Mets fans LL Kyle, CFD,and DD. Unlike Messier, I was not able to successfully accomplish the guarentee. I was shot down in my own home by former HF poster Devilsfanatic. I was able to survive that horrific incident and finished my career making it into Cooperstown. After retirement, I became Prime Minister of canada and forced all 7/11's to be closed making Devilsfanatic unemployed for life. The freaking Taxi cab companies wouldn't even hire him.

Mike DYG

Jan 19, 2009
Union,NJ
Ill be drafted 14th overall in the MLB draft by the Toronto Blue Jays and by the time my career is over, Id have passed Barry Bonds *home run record*... After defeating the Yankees in the 2020 ALCS, I start to tease CWE, GB, Mike DYG, Saugus, njdevils3027, JB and ILIVM during my post game interview. I then made a shoutout to all Jays fans on HF and gave them a Messier type guarentee that I was going to bring the WS back to Toronto. We lost in the WS to the New York Mets. The yankee fans mentioned above were teased even more by HF Mets fans LL Kyle, CFD,and DD. Unlike Messier, I was not able to successfully accomplish the guarentee. I was shot down in my own home by former HF poster Devilsfanatic. I was able to survive that horrific incident and finished my career making it into Cooperstown. After retirement, I became Prime Minister of canada and forced all 7/11's to be closed making Devilsfanatic unemployed for life. The freaking Taxi cab companies wouldn't even hire him.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::handclap::handclap:

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
5 years from now, one of us will probably make a lineup post something like this:

Parise-Zajac-Palmieri
Tedenby-Josefson-Bergfors
Vasyunov-Cormier-Halischuk (or Elias and Langenbrunner, they would still be young enough to be here if they don't get traded or retire)
Hoeffel-Henrique-Clarkson
Pelley

Martin-Oduya
Corrente-Greene
Urborn-Burlon
Eckford (or Corbin Macpherson)

Frazee
Brodeur (Yes, Marty will still be here! Or we drafted his son)

Well thats the sentimental logical prediction anyway... My psychic senses tell me:

Parise-Zajac-Undrafted yet
Tedenby-Josefson-Halschuk
Elias-Cormier-Zharkov
Hoeffel-Henrique-Unknown yet

Urborn-Macpherson
Martin-Oduya
Young-Greene
unknown

Undrafted yet
Undrafted yet

Last edited:

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Well we're more than half way there, not only alive still, but HF Devils is going strong. It's the offseason so I don't think anyone will mind if this bad boy gets a little bump.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A cup older.

Zach Parise has a gold medal.

Jacob Josefson is a superstar

Mattias Tedenby is a consistant 60 point player.

The Rangers still suck.

I was gonna say you were way off Scotty, but it hasn't even been 3 years yet, and that was supposed to be in 5!

Parise can still get a gold medal before 5 years from when this was started. The second part hopefully, third part I'm gonna do my Jacques Lemaire ''I can't talk about it'', and well the Rangers still haven't gotten as close to a Cup as we have.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Nobody could have predicted that we would have gotten Kovy within the next year to a lifetime contract, only to have Zach bolt on us two years later. Pretty crazy.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Henrique a 4th liner? :laugh:

we thought that as recently as last october buddy :laugh:

these threads are always hilarious

i predict that two and a half years from now, i'll still be here. assuming i don't finally get annoyed enough to actually start posting the things i type up and then decide will get me infractions.

also, for those it's applicable to, ps3 hfdevs will still get screwed over by the computer each game.

if the team moves, i'll stop watching hockey because i will be a confirmed franchise killer.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
It's been 3 years...so, in another 2 years, I'll probably still be here.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
5 years from now, one of us will probably make a lineup post something like this:

Parise-Zajac-Palmieri
Tedenby-Josefson-Bergfors
Vasyunov-Cormier-Halischuk (or Elias and Langenbrunner, they would still be young enough to be here if they don't get traded or retire)
Hoeffel-Henrique-Clarkson
Pelley

Martin-Oduya
Corrente-Greene
Urborn-Burlon
Eckford (or Corbin Macpherson)

Frazee
Brodeur (Yes, Marty will still be here! Or we drafted his son)

Well thats the sentimental logical prediction anyway... My psychic senses tell me:

Parise-Zajac-Undrafted yet
Tedenby-Josefson-Halschuk
Elias-Cormier-Zharkov
Hoeffel-Henrique-Unknown yet

Urborn-Macpherson
Martin-Oduya
Young-Greene
unknown

Undrafted yet
Undrafted yet

This post makes me sad :(

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Just goes to show that predicting lineups any more than a year in advance is nearly pointless, because you're always going to be wrong about whether certain players pan out, and nobody can predict trades.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
oh, I almost forgot: 5 years from now...

We still will be hearing about Marc 2 goal/10 assist Staal's offensive "upside" and still waiting for Brandon Dubinsky to break the 15 goal plateau and turn into the "#1 Center/better than Travis Zajac" player.

:lol:

fun thread, see you in a few

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad