Where will the Hughes-Hischier Duo Rank?

Where does this 1-2 center punch rank in the future?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 21, 2018
side tracking a bit here

hughes vs hischier - who gets to play with hall longterm?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
No question it should be top 10. I think Hischier is a 65-70 point center and Hughes is a PPG center if they reach their potential. NJ got lucky twice, but they weren't the best years to have it.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I think they’re both #2s
#2 centers? as in 2nd line?
No question it should be top 10. I think Hischier is a 65-70 point center and Hughes is a PPG center if they reach their potential. NJ got lucky twice, but they weren't the best years to have it.
Hughes will be a tier below McDavid, it most certainly was the best year for it

Hughes will be a top-10 skater his first time touching the ice

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
side tracking a bit here

hughes vs hischier - who gets to play with hall longterm?
Probably Hischier as Hughes and Hall both excel carrying the puck

Also because Hischier will be 1C with Hughes 2C for at least his rookie year, so Hall will be on the top line as well

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
theres a lot of teams with two 1st overalls at center? three in total?
The oilers? lol. Also judging a player by where they were picked is a little dumb. I meant a lot of teams have 2 really good players, they don't necessarily have to be picked 1. Canucks have bo horvat and elias pettersson down the middle, I wouldn't say they're scary yet considering they need more wingers.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Depends on if Hughes is a centre in the NHL. If he is, then probably top 5-10. Being able to match Hischier or Hughes against weaker match-ups will go a long way. Get some competent wingers for him and then Hischier-Hall the defacto first line and that's a solid top 6. If anything, go all out in FA to complement the top 6 and use some picks/assets to shore up the D. Devils will be decent soon IMO.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The oilers? lol. Also judging a player by where they were picked is a little dumb. I meant a lot of teams have 2 really good players, they don't necessarily have to be picked 1. Canucks have bo horvat and elias pettersson down the middle, I wouldn't say they're scary yet considering they need more wingers.
Idek what youre talking about

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm not that versed when it comes to prospects. Is there any chance that the Devils taking Kakko instead?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
You can't really compare them properly. Hughes played in a way eassier league when Kakko played against men.

Devils will be thinking do they risk it, because Hughes is much riskier because he has not played against men yet also he is much smaller. Don't be so sure it will be him

this is similar to Matthews-Laine..... Matthews was #1 all year, and Laine shot up in the last 6 months or so. If the experts have been certain about him for this long theres no reason to believe Kakko will be better at this point.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
this is similar to Matthews-Laine..... Matthews was #1 all year, and Laine shot up in the last 6 months or so. If the experts have been certain about him for this long theres no reason to believe Kakko will be better at this point.

There is always bias against European players when they do these rankings. If there are two players who are clearly ahead of rest and neither of them are separated from the other, then it's always the one who is playing in a north american league, since that's where these journalists live.

will be curious to see how they play in WHC, I'm assuming Hughes plays for USA. Could be very important for both of them if they want to be #1 pick.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Kakko is way better though. Not that it Will probably influence The draft at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia