Where will the Canucks finish in the new division

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Here's mine:

"I think the Canucks will likely be a lottery team. I see Burrows getting zero goals for most of the season. Hank and Dank's production plummets. We end up trading Luongo and Schneider and run with Lack as our starter. There's an end of the season showdown between Gillis and Torts. Kesler requests a trade. Oh and this is the year that Matthew McConaughey wins an Oscar."

Ok, I might have slightly doctored my post. :)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
To be fair, this team's demise was very predictable. And injuries aren't an excuse. Pittsburgh, Anaheim, and San Jose have all suffered more man games lost than the Canucks. Detroit has as well.

Furthermore, what does the Luongo trade have to do with anything? A lot of people here think Lack is better anyway :laugh:

I doubt many thought Lack would be as good as Luongo in a full-time starter's role. And Pit/Det play in the East, easier to cope with injuries in a weaker division/conference. Anaheim and San Jose's injuries have not been as bad when you look at which players missed games and how many they missed. According to mansgamelost.com(fun site, I know lol), the Canucks skaters were the 2nd-worst injuries when you looked at ATOI for the players that missed games(aka the quality of players). Pitt was the worst, but again they have a guy named Crosby and play in the East.

Again, this team was on the decline anyways, but these injuries definitely made them look worse than they are.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's easy to look at things now as obvious facts but if you actually read some of what people are saying it just goes to show how quickly things can change.

Basically San Jose, LA, and Phoenix are all where people expected they would be. Plus I guess Calgary and Edmonton... well not so much Edmonton but people learned their lesson their :laugh:

Anaheim however has greatly exceeded expectations, while Vancouver has gone the other way. Anaheim was a tricky one to call, they were auditioning a lot of new/young players throughout the roster with the loss of Ryan and Koivu/Selanne being a year older, then Getzlaf & Perry can be inconsistent from year to year. Also their blueline was looking pretty inexperienced, basically being Beauchemin and a bunch of kids. So obvious concerns there at the start of the season, but what we got from them was both Getzlaf and Perry playing exceptionally well at the same time (it's usually one or the other, or neither), the bottom 9 forward depth have been chipping in all season to the point that they can basically score at will, and the young dmen have all been amazing for them.

Canucks haven't been so lucky. Not many were confident of our playoff chances, but the vast majority still thought we were a good regular season team that should be a shoe in for the playoffs. Personally I guess I voted 1st here just for the heck of it, while in the league board thread I put more thought into it and picked them 2nd, though I was still being optomistic there.

So in my opinion really the only people who look stupid now are those that voted 6th or even worse 7th. Like we would actually fall behind Calgary or Edmonton... Although now after I've said that just watch Calgary go on a winning streak to end the season and pass us :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad