• Marleau - Bozak - Marner

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • JVR - Marleau - Marner

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I'm one of 4 who voted JVR Marleau Marner.

Putting Kadri and Marner together I feel might not help either player...they wouldn't complement each other like Nylander and Matthews do.

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
Hymen Matthews Marner
Marleau Nylander Brown
JVR Kadri Kapanen
Komarov Bozak Leivo
Martin Moore

Hainsey Reilly
Gardiner Polak
Borgman Zaitzev

Reactions: The Cobra

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He can’t put the puck in the net at the NHL level. Teams are catching on that he’s pass pass pass and now that’s making his passing game ineffective because it’s predictable. Can’t work the boards, gets stripped easily, and falls down a ton.

I really thought that he was gunna come out flying this year after seeing his off season training vids, but he’s actually regressed. We NEED marner to snap out of this funk ASAP because we’re barely above .500 now.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He can’t put the puck in the net at the NHL level. Teams are catching on that he’s pass pass pass and now that’s making his passing game ineffective because it’s predictable. Can’t work the boards, gets stripped easily, and falls down a ton.

I really thought that he was gunna come out flying this year after seeing his off season training vids, but he’s actually regressed. We NEED marner to snap out of this funk ASAP because we’re barely above .500 now.

The whole team turns away from checks. Either by trade or draft and develop we need more physicality. Marner is going to have bulk up to remain useful. He can't shoot and we can't hide him on L4 forever

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
The whole team turns away from checks. Either by trade or draft and develop we need more physicality. Marner is going to have bulk up to remain useful. He can't shoot and we can't hide him on L4 forever
Someone finally said it. His size is a problem.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
HF is toxic these days. Marner is going to be fine. It would be nice to see him roll with Matthews for a while.
There is something seriously wrong with people who spend every single day finding different ways to slag the guy. Says more about them than their target. Mitch will be fine, I like what I've seen of late, he just needs to settle in and find some consistent chemistry. He needs to shoot more, he needs to simplify sometimes, he's in his second year, HELLO.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Marner needs to play with Matthews and if he fails perhaps he needs a stint with the Marlies so that he can get his mojo back. Some have said it would be unjustly rewarding him but on the flip side it could spark Mitch into finding his game to reward his coach showing confidence in him.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
There is something seriously wrong with people who spend every single day finding different ways to slag the guy. Says more about them than their target. Mitch will be fine, I like what I've seen of late, he just needs to settle in and find some consistent chemistry. He needs to shot more, he needs to simplify sometimes, he's in his second year, HELLO.
Or you could just bury your head in the sand and not see it for what it is. Mitch will be fine. Based on what. Keep hearing he's gonna break out. When? The league tightens up as it goes along. His game needs to change. He needs to go into the hard areas to play. Needs to fight for the puck and his ice. He's never had to do that before.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Or you could just bury your head in the sand and not see it for what it is. Mitch will be fine. Based on what. Keep hearing he's gonna break out. When? The league tightens up as it goes along. His game needs to change. He needs to go into the hard areas to play. Needs to fight for the puck and his ice. He's never had to do that before.
Whatever, your nickname says it all. Zzzz.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Marner's line has been good lately. Martin has provided him some space. I would prefer a better shooter than bosak though.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad