• Marleau - Bozak - Marner

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • JVR - Marleau - Marner

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I've been saying since game 2, Marleau-Bozak-Marner. Marner adds creativity to the line, and will open up scoring chances for Marleau. Marleau will bring a defensive element to the game and can finish scoring chances.

Drop JVR to play with Kadri and Brown. JVR-Kadri duo had some success a few years ago. Adding Brown to that line really makes it dangerous as well. Komorav goes to the 4th line.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I've been saying since game 2, Marleau-Bozak-Marner. Marner adds creativity to the line, and will open up scoring chances for Marleau. Marleau will bring a defensive element to the game and can finish scoring chances.

Drop JVR to play with Kadri and Brown. JVR-Kadri duo had some success a few years ago. Adding Brown to that line really makes it dangerous as well. Komorav goes to the 4th line.
But now you don't have an offensive threat on the 4th.

Maybe switch Komarov and Brown, to keep the balance.

edit: problem is, Kadri line is very intense. JVR makes Bobby Ryan a spelling bee champ.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Bozak plays best with someone who likes the puck on his stick and Marleau has a good shot and plays a lot more defense then JVR.

I think Kadri might benefit more from someone like JVR then Marleau as well.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
To be honest, I like where he is playing now, gives him a chance to work on some things. Ultimately, they need to trade JVR, you can than move him back on that line with Bozak and Brown and put Kapanen on the 4th.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
To be honest, I like where he is playing now, gives him a chance to work on some things. Ultimately, they need to trade JVR, you can than move him back on that line with Bozak and Brown and put Kapanen on the 4th.

It wasn't a bad idea for a couple games to send a message, but right now he is rendered essentially useless 5v5 by virtue of playing with players with no offensive ability to speak of. He can't stay there, it's a ridiculous waste of talent.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Well he shouldnt be on the 4th line as he doesnt deserve to be there. Bozak and JVR started trying after getting called out. Brown didnt do much. That line is still weak but those 2 goals hide this fact I guess. Marner-Kadri-Komarov is something I like to see.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
JVR out the door gets marner up the lineup AND brings in kapanen to break him in on the 4th line.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I would like to see:

Marleau - Bozak - Marner
JVR - Kadri - Brown/Komarov

question is, does JVR have what it takes to play on the "shutdown" line

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I would like to see:

Marleau - Bozak - Marner
JVR - Kadri - Brown/Komarov

question is, does JVR have what it takes to play on the "shutdown" line

Not he doesn't

Marner should stay where he is until he plays well enough to force himself into a top 9 role again, he hasn't done that yet

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
I'd like to see this as the top 9

Hyman - Nylander - Marner

Marleau - Matthews - Kappanen
Komarov - Kadri - Brown

Choose 3 of the following for 4th line duties
Moore/Grundstrom/Jonsson/Leivo/Martin/Fehr/Sosh

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Assuming that this thread only pertains to Marner playing well enough to be put back into the top 9.

Marleau - Kadri -Marner.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I don't think so and it's pretty evident - the real problem is him

It's too bad I think Kadri would benefit from someone who loves to bang in rebounds and Komarov doesn't seem to be doing that as much this season.

I still think even for just a game or two they need to try JVR on another line, it's possible it might elevate both his and Bozak's defensive play.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It's too bad I think Kadri would benefit from someone who loves to bang in rebounds and Komarov doesn't seem to be doing that as much this season.

I still think even for just a game or two they need to try JVR on another line, it's possible it might elevate both his and Bozak's defensive play.
Maybe its small sample size but JVR and Kadri dont really have chemistry which is unusual because Kadri works well with most players

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
he should play with kadri and komarov so they can team him how to play defense

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Marleau - Matthews - Marner
JVR - Kadri - Brown
Komorov - Bozak - Nylander
Leivo/Martin - Moore/Fehr - Hyman

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Maybe its small sample size but JVR and Kadri dont really have chemistry which is unusual because Kadri works well with most players

I'm not so sure he doesn't seem to be working with Marleau either. Kadri is a good center, easily the second best on the team but I'm not sure he's the easiest one to find a player to slot beside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad