Where is the Percy love?!?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
To me his play in AHL is an over kill. He already played in AHL for 2 years and he got a good taste in NHL

I have more confidence in Percy on D than I do with Marcinin and Polak

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Percy didn't handle his demotion to the AHL last year very well at all.

Some players take it in stride but others feel rejected or they were treated unfairly.

Not unlike the Joe Colborne situation.

Percy is a smart puck mover and he'll make it as a bottom pairing guy but he doesn't skate well enough to play more than 15 mins a night. Very similar to Harrington.

Percy looked far better at the NHL level than the AHL, he's a cerebral defenseman and I didnt see any glaring issue with his skating(not the fastest, but good enough).

he needs top level players to play with.

Once we trade a D like Polak at the deadline 100% this guy will be up full-time, he's done his time in the minors and needs to learn the NHL game full-time.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Percy and Harrington would be an excellent bottom pairing.

Amen to that!!! Can't wait for that pairing. A 3rd pairing like that gives me great confidence in our future.

Loving Harrington's play. He is going to be an excellent dman. He'll never truly stand out like Gardiner or Reilly but he's stable, reliable and accountable.

I'm hoping Percy gets a call-up this year. As someone else said, he doesn't perform as well in the AHL which we've seen with other players. This indicates it is time for him to make the jump. (When you discover a kid isn't performing well in school because they are too bright and bored with what they're doing, you graduate them a grade)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad