Where is the Percy love?!?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
It's between Percy, Marcinin, Hunwick, Robidas over the last 2 spots imo

something tells me that marcinin should not ne on that list unless he is having a horrible camp

I read that teams are desperate to add D right now and mercinin would have to and probably would not make it thru waivers

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I don't think the Leafs are going to rebuild the way most posters on these forums think. People think that almost the entire roster is being traded for draft picks but I see no indication that management is on board with this plan. Neither Percy or Loov are new to pro hockey. They have spent time in the minors and if thet aren't ready now they may never be. Watching them outplay a bunch of castoffs and not get a true chance would be disappointing. Babcock said that a tie goes to the veteran but these vets have to step up their games to be equal to the young guys. I also dont see that we owe a guy like Hunwick a chance over our homegrown prospects

you don't see any?

come on now

they dumped all their pending UFAs last TD

they have a mountain of 1,2 year TD flippable contracts and this roster is built to be bottom of the league and set up to go trade crazy come TD.

if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like one, well

quack quack:laugh:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
This thread title makes me want a Percy-Lööv pairing for the Marlies

YOYOTCROSTER*

Percy is a top 4 dman based on his play at camp. Like I said earlier he is skating better than Phaneuf. Maybe give Phaneuf vet credit as he may be taking it easy at camp. If Phaneuf is going all out however then he is clearly at best the 4th best dman on this team. Anyways this defence is still very weak physically. Need to add some toughness and mean spirited guy who scares a few people.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
How has he looked this year? I've watch a few Marlies games this year but not very carefully, so I have no idea.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
He strikes me as someone who will have greater success in the NHL than the AHL based on his hockey sense and positioning. I really think he should already be on the team.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
If his hockey sense and positioning are NHL level, what's holding him back in the AHL, and why wouldn't it also hold him back in the NHL?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Haven't seen him play.

Seems like the only minus on a winning team, is he getting all the tough minutes? Harrington,Loov,Valiev are all in that group with Percy and Dermott may be the new shiny toy next year. I'm curious anyone seen him play and where would you rate him in our D prospects?

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
He strikes me as someone who will have greater success in the NHL than the AHL based on his hockey sense and positioning. I really think he should already be on the team.
.. Funny you should say that. I've been thinking the same lately based on what I've seen of him over the last few years in both leagues. I feel the same about Leivo.

bigdogsnipedaddy

Mar 2, 2012
Seems like the only minus on a winning team, is he getting all the tough minutes? Harrington,Loov,Valiev are all in that group with Percy and Dermott may be the new shiny toy next year. I'm curious anyone seen him play and where would you rate him in our D prospects?

Saw dermott this past Friday and Saturday in Erie. This guy very very rarely makes mistakes...the top puck mover in the game by lots. Has a good shot but seems to like to setup instead. Very calm under pressure, turns on a dime and great quickness. Plays tough minutes for Erie and positioning in D end seems very good imo. Will be interesting to see where he plays next season.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
He should have made the team this year IMO. I know we need to shelter the young guys but he has done his time in the minors.

There is no way Marincin is any better than him

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
He should have made the team this year IMO. I know we need to shelter the young guys but he has done his time in the minors.

There is no way Marincin is any better than him

Percy they know, Marincin they don't.

And they want to build a proper development system with the Marlies, part of which requires having players that can be good examples for others to follow.

Percy probably is NHL ready but they want to keep him in the AHL for now. He's probably being used to insulate other young players by eating harder minutes.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Heard an interview with Button and he said something very interesting, and I'm paraphrasing, "Stu Percy will play in the NHL, I'm just not sure on what team."

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
no rush with percy. with his lack of footspeed, he needs lots of experience to get proper reads. He should be a solid NHLer, but not likely more than a 4/5 guy.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Heard an interview with Button and he said something very interesting, and I'm paraphrasing, "Stu Percy will play in the NHL, I'm just not sure on what team."

He seems to act like he hasn't gotten a fair shake with the Leafs and has let it get into his head. I remember in training camp Todd Crocker tried to kid with him and Percy responded with yes it's almost as bad answering your dumb questions, very unlike him.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
He seems to act like he hasn't gotten a fair shake with the Leafs and has let it get into his head. I remember in training camp Todd Crocker tried to kid with him and Percy responded with yes it's almost as bad answering your dumb questions, very unlike him.

Percy didn't handle his demotion to the AHL last year very well at all.

Some players take it in stride but others feel rejected or they were treated unfairly.

Not unlike the Joe Colborne situation.

Percy is a smart puck mover and he'll make it as a bottom pairing guy but he doesn't skate well enough to play more than 15 mins a night. Very similar to Harrington.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Maybe it's just me, but from what we saw last year and what I've seen since, absolutely crazy this guy isn't on the Leafs with the D core we have.

If there was such a thing as over seasoning in the AHL, this would probably be a good example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad